Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

pieface that would be an awesome forward line. but can u really see sutcliffe returning from Port Melb. From all reports hes been dominating the 2s and can probably expect to play a few games in the 1s next year. And the twomey you speak of, is that wade? Surely he wouldnt leave Werribee, not next year anyway because he would be a fair chance to play the majority of the year in the firsts. But i suppose the Colts recruiting has been nothing short of awesome lately.
In regards to the rookie of the year award, brenton quinn has informed me he would be very stiff to miss out and if he does its a disgrace. Said hes well ahead of Magnabosco and Isbister, and claims Miles is his only competition. Could be interesting if he doesnt get the award.

13-CABS said:
pieface that would be an awesome forward line. but can u really see sutcliffe returning from Port Melb. From all reports hes been dominating the 2s and can probably expect to play a few games in the 1s next year. And the twomey you speak of, is that wade? Surely he wouldnt leave Werribee, not next year anyway because he would be a fair chance to play the majority of the year in the firsts. But i suppose the Colts recruiting has been nothing short of awesome lately.
In regards to the rookie of the year award, brenton quinn has informed me he would be very stiff to miss out and if he does its a disgrace. Said hes well ahead of Magnabosco and Isbister, and claims Miles is his only competition. Could be interesting if he doesnt get the award.

Sutcliffe has already signed a contract with Port for next year. As for the rookie award. I would think your boy already has the medal in the bag. Going by the standards set by the judging panel they cannot see past Sunshine. Your coach recieving the Coach of the year reward is nearly as big a crime as colts pinching the cup from a s h i t scared Hoppers.

Iknowfooty said:
Sorry about the spelling had a few frothies over the past couple of days!!!
Cant wait for quite a few more on presitation night.
It will be a super night for a super club!

speculator im pretty sure reece miles has the rookie of the year wrapped up mate, he did make the WRFL team of the year so he cant be overlooked. In regards to Tocka being coach of the year im interested in hearing your choice for the award. No doubt Rock and Ellis have there claims but the players Colts have on there list surely has it over the list Tocka has to work with. He has taken us from 6th to within a win of a grand final in a year, and was awarded coach of the year for the north western region earlier in the year. Maybe joint coaches could have been fairer but to say Tocka didnt deserve it is a joke.

13-CABS said:
speculator im pretty sure reece miles has the rookie of the year wrapped up mate, he did make the WRFL team of the year so he cant be overlooked. In regards to Tocka being coach of the year im interested in hearing your choice for the award. No doubt Rock and Ellis have there claims but the players Colts have on there list surely has it over the list Tocka has to work with. He has taken us from 6th to within a win of a grand final in a year, and was awarded coach of the year for the north western region earlier in the year. Maybe joint coaches could have been fairer but to say Tocka didnt deserve it is a joke.

I thought your list at Sunshine was made up primarily from club people? The same blokes who were a pretty fair combination since under 18 days? That list topped up with your SA recruit,two pretty handy country recruits and the big fella fron Avondale would give you a pretty handy list I would have thought. To me you under achived not over achived buddy.

I have heard that Wade twomey does not get along with the werribee coach. If he is not picked up in the draft this year than you would think his chances are almost over and if he was gonna play somewhere else it would be the colts. No players sign VFL contracts till around christmas time, also does any1 no what JL Newman are doing next season?

speculator which club do you support? are you saying we under achieved because you think we have a better list then both colts and hoppers?
thats an interesting comment coming from a bloke who has previously claimed to being aligned with both clubs. clearly your opinions on here aren't taken in to account.

go the colts, how good was that, best grand final ever, can not describe how unbelievable it feels to win a flag like that, just shows that you can get the best players and pay them the big bucks but footy clubs can't buy character and spirit

pieface said:
I have heard that Wade twomey does not get along with the werribee coach. If he is not picked up in the draft this year than you would think his chances are almost over and if he was gonna play somewhere else it would be the colts. No players sign VFL contracts till around christmas time, also does any1 no what JL Newman are doing next season?
Not sure about JL but i know the Fang Newman has been approached for a coaching job at another club. Although i think he is keen to play at the colts again and probably will next year.

quote now sunline 11 no good at the seagulls then go to spotswood to win a cup nothing ? then on good money at epping no cup ? still sh#t
then at hoppers and once again trying to chase glory ????? and you get on here and pump yr self up joke hahahahahahahahahahah

WHERE R U ROCK surely ur not still drinking. Im just having a couple of Leroy Browns going down very nicely.

13-CABS said:

No need for lies there cabs, my exact quote was 'miles has it in the bag' the guy is actually a star has improved out of site from his jets days. I will be there though to sink the free **** and hopefully have a good feed.

Iknowfooty said:
WHERE R U ROCK surely ur not still drinking. Im just having a couple of Leroy Browns going down very nicely.

The rock is slowly recovering,what a BIG week end, ended at 7 am this morning,not good for an old fella and also this missus wants to kill me,and with presentation nights and a 6 day footy trip coming up i mite be single soon,oh well i'll just have to keep winning premierships.

To all the posters out there that hung sh it on the colts this year and potted our players,you can now eat your words and admitt how wrong you were.Our club has an inner strength and has a 50 year history of a closness that now other club could match,we have matt mcbroom in our senior side who's father started our great club,blake twomey who's father was one of the club's great captains,alot of our boys have been a junior player at our club and we have our outsiders that come in but quickly understand what makes our great club tic.
I love my club so much and love the MEN i get to play with each game and the way they carry themselves and give there all is something i admire every time im around them and finally as macnulty and millen said after the game once your a colt you always a colt.BACK TO BACK BABY

YOU BEAUTY!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROCK07 said:
The rock is slowly recovering,what a BIG week end, ended at 7 am this morning,not good for an old fella and also this missus wants to kill me,and with presentation nights and a 6 day footy trip coming up i mite be single soon,oh well i'll just have to keep winning premierships.

To all the posters out there that hung sh it on the colts this year and potted our players,you can now eat your words and admitt how wrong you were.Our club has an inner strength and has a 50 year history of a closness that now other club could match,we have matt mcbroom in our senior side who's father started our great club,blake twomey who's father was one of the club's great captains,alot of our boys have been a junior player at our club and we have our outsiders that come in but quickly understand what makes our great club tic.
I love my club so much and love the MEN i get to play with each game and the way they carry themselves and give there all is something i admire every time im around them and finally as macnulty and millen said after the game once your a colt you always a colt.BACK TO BACK BABY

YOU BEAUTY!

Hey Rock hope u and the boys have a good night on Saturday night hopefully three more awards. Obviously the Rock and young Jase Perkins the goalkicking and i reckon big Brad Julier might win the comp medal.Ill be in Ballarat with the young boys baseball. Will be sending a couple of text messages to find out whats going on.
WHAT A GREAT 3 DAYS WE HAVE HAD TOGETHER!!!
GO COLTS, WHAT A GREAT CLUB!!!

Iknowfooty said:
Hey Rock hope u and the boys have a good night on Saturday night hopefully three more awards. Obviously the Rock and young Jase Perkins the goalkicking and i reckon big Brad Julier might win the comp medal.Ill be in Ballarat with the young boys baseball. Will be sending a couple of text messages to find out whats going on.
WHAT A GREAT 3 DAYS WE HAVE HAD TOGETHER!!!
GO COLTS, WHAT A GREAT CLUB!!!
That drink was only an eye wash for me!

Any funny stories from the weekend colts boys? Anyone play up fights ect?

well what about the win by the colts when kane cooper kicked that long goal from outside 50 we knew by the boys body language that they werent going to lose and the boys showed everyone what spirit and mateship is all about. The party was not a bad 5 days rest up boys get your still got the footy trip in 2 weeks

willie beamen said:
well what about the win by the colts when kane cooper kicked that long goal from outside 50 we knew by the boys body language that they werent going to lose and the boys showed everyone what spirit and mateship is all about. The party was not a bad 5 days rest up boys get your still got the footy trip in 2 weeks

From an E.D.F.L point of view, I watched the W.R.F.L Grand Final with great interest.

Too big sides and it was a real arm wrestle. Port Colts spirit is very strong. Fabian Webb is an absolute superstar. Very skillful and poised.
The toughness of Elton Steven showed through again. He belted some tall bloke in front of the crowd, gave some big bloke a beautiful shirtfront and help set up a great goal.

They deserve the accolades.

pieface said:
Any funny stories from the weekend colts boys? Anyone play up fights ect?

all i know is 1 of the boys who was at the odeon monday night has been asked to be on chanel 7s dancing with the stars he put on an absolute clinic he is the only bloke i have ever seen to be clapped off the podium

Micka Morris said:
That drink was only an eye wash for me!

Mika were have you been ? You may be able to wash out both eyes on saturday at the league B&F it's a free drink isnt it. PS: You must be bored going over old U/18 posts.

Well where do l start, what a game the crowd was sensational the roar was the loudest Ive witnessed at park footy level in that last quarter.

Hoppers are a great team and will be shattered at losing l think they sprinted in a marathon to early and it showed when they looked slow and tired in the 3rd but came out and had a crack to there credit in the last. once the Colts pulled their finger out and started to hit targets and use it better the results came also the physical pressure we showed played a massive part as their players started to reach for marks with one hand, even seen the massive frame of Doyle come barraging forward only to somehow spill the ball once he seen a player coming straight at him and turned it over resulting in a goal for Port. D Carson was quite and allot of due to the midfield pressure this time which helps the backman a lot. Thought Cammaleri was good for the whole game along with Murphy #37 and Miles was good till it got a bit physical, Koutza got beat and will be playing for Glenorden next year. Interesting to read that about Phipps seems to be jinxed the poor bloke.
Heard Frost didn't show up at Saturdays function would be sad if it was true.

Our boys, were do you start we have an extremely tight group down there and it testament to the whole club on and off the Field our win on Saturday.

McNaulty when he plays well we play well he gives so much off that wing and sneaks forward and kicks crunch goals when hes not hitting targets both feet he killed them on Sat and deserved the medal. Winters he was just waiting to explode after being started on the bench and explode he did the kids got the heart as big as him and hits the ball gliding and is a one touch player. Taylor was solid for the whole game would heave taken 15 marks for the day and allot of them were the ones were others wouldn't put themselves in those positions, he is one of the most courageous blokes Ive played with. Webb well he just does it week in week out in the last four years l think he has been the best player in this league l don't think many would dispute that, Twoomey, Cox, De Bruin, McBroom, Burns, Massis and l know I'm missing a couple all killed it. Caddy although looked quite was robbed by the umps and if had of got what frees he deserved it would have been different. We had a lot more than usually players down on the day which seems to happened against Hoppers too much.

To all the baggers and sh it comments about the Colts over the year we would like to thank you, keep up the good work you know your footy.

Saturdays game just adds another chapter in the great rivalry that Hoppers and Port Colts have, and would be a shame if they left the league

Money cant always buy happiness(Might be pokies Karma)

GO COLTS

ClicketyClix and Sunline were are you dont be sour when Sunshine lost they were gracious an defeat and held there head high come get on here l know you both still read it.
Che from Mooney Valley if you read this say hello to your work mate Taylor for me.

Which guys from Colts are heading to the presentation night sat? We have a few not going due to country grand finals, engagement parties and the like... so me and young quinny and a few others are taking advantage of the free **** and are gonna have a big crack. Anyone know who the invites are? Douglas got invited from sunshine, and so did Sonogan in the 2's.

high_flier said:
Not sure about JL but i know the Fang Newman has been approached for a coaching job at another club. Although i think he is keen to play at the colts again and probably will next year.

Indeed I heard it was St. Kilda City will be interesting what tha Fang decides!

what a big four days think its going to take a week just to get back the sleep i miss out on.where do I start with the best footy match that I've ever been in can't wait to see the dvd.To hoppers it was a great effot did not chuck in the towel at 3 qtr time when colts were steaming home and just keep trying right to the last second.To the colt boys what a win not going to name who I reckon the best was because to win a game like that you have to have 21 players doing somethimg at some time of the game yes there were blokes that did'nt get alot of it but maybe if they did'nt do the 1% like the sheppards the tackles the talk could of been the diffenecs.one last thing there is going to be one line that every coach in the wrfl for the next ten years is going to use remember in 2006 gf the colts were 8 goals down what did they do NEVER SAY DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back