Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

Yeah awesome pub, same as the mid palace, the other pub in coogee. You are right bout the rugby lovers though, should have seen them when the aussies lost to england at the world cup. Thought there was gonna be a riot, plenty of big maori's too who control the beach after dark! How was Brisbane? did you go or have you heard? wonder what the spotty blokes are doing to celebrate there win?

Yeah awesome pub, same as the mid palace, the other pub in coogee. You are right bout the rugby lovers though, should have seen them when the aussies lost to england at the world cup. Thought there was gonna be a riot, plenty of big maori's too who control the beach after dark! How was Brisbane? did you go or have you heard? wonder what the spotty blokes are doing to celebrate there win?

Hey cabs b&f this week mate? Are u a big chance mate or what?

Hey mate, nah we have had our count already. Got our presentation night friday. Macca won it from Adro and Rusty. I came 5th. Have you had your count yet? Did you end up getting to work that morning after the league count? you werent keen to leave when we took off and that was early.

Didn't go on the trip mate but from all reports the boys had a ball. Couldn't go because my wife had our first baby plus I'm still on crutches until tomorrow. I will be putting my name down for next years one though.

He got the lemon and sarse. There was a bit of controversy regarding players chosen for the grand final side. This was always going to happen though given how many players they have there and how many dropped back after the seniors got rolled. There were always going to be a few disappointed players and varying opinions on selection. Not sure if this is the reason he isnt there any more though.

beazer u hit the nail on the head....

some players didnt get pick.. and they were un happy and that far up frostys arse that frosty said fraser was no longer required for 08..
he sack him with out even talking to the commitie
absoulte joke lost 2 games in 2 year and won 2 flags and was sacked

Spotty are off to Adelaide tonight

Didn't go on the trip mate but from all reports the boys had a ball. Couldn't go because my wife had our first baby plus I'm still on crutches until tomorrow. I will be putting my name down for next years one though.

Congratulations mate! all the best.

some players didnt get pick.. and they were un happy and that far up frostys arse that frosty said fraser was no longer required for 08..
that explains why when 1sts were still in it and the 2s played the colts it went to extra time but in the granny they were too good (dropping senior players back) I'm sure all clubs do it but the players that play all year and miss out wouldn't be too happy.

Fraze and I can start our own protest group group, of guys to get the a#se by the Hoppers coach without the committee having a say in it.

Fraze and I can start our own protest group group, of guys to get the a#se by the Hoppers coach without the committee having a say in it.

beazer your decision was wrong as most said at time,and tried to have it overturned,frasers was right did not indicate if wanted job so it was advertised as it is every year as stated in hcfc constitution

beazer your decision was wrong as most said at time,and tried to have it overturned,frasers was right did not indicate if wanted job so it was advertised as it is every year as stated in hcfc constitution

Was just making light of the situation. Not sure of the specifics mate but Im not getting involved in it.

I heard your on your way back to hogan's road beazer,if that's where most of your mates are then that's where you shoul play,and crackers has been wined and dined and offered a stack by craig kelly[what club ] very hard to knock that back,could help set crackers up for a few years.

COLTS,we have lost taylor and webb to retirement but you never know with these two,cooper has also gone,he is off to abbers in the edfl.We are not on a huge recruiting drive but hopefully we can get o'neill back and mcbroom back from o/s also wittmar fit should help,Along with the injured players that missed during the finals and some quality kids coming through we shoul have another solid season.

We had our footy trip over the weekend, up to Coogee Bay in Sydney... quality place for a footy trip, with a couple of awesome pubs there and only a short trip in to the city. Coogee Bay Pub is pretty much impossible to get kicked out of as well, so a definite bonus for those on footy trip. Also know Albion were up in Cairns with the Colts guys as well. Any other teams? Yarraville head to Tassie this weekend i think.

So cabs who took out the award this year for the footy trip?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys, just wondering on todays anniversary of the bali bombing if there were any WRFL clubs over there at the time?

I know Ports Dave McGregors old team, Reservoir, were over there and they all come home pretty shaken. I'm sure as a footy club they stuck fat and got through the event that happened.

We're all lucky we come from a great country and play in a sport we all love,
if those other countries would put aside all the bullsh1t politics, religion, etc...

cheers to all the aussies that lost their lives, may their memory live forever,
rest in peace.

I heard your on your way back to hogan's road beazer,if that's where most of your mates are then that's where you shoul play,and crackers has been wined and dined and offered a stack by craig kelly[what club ] very hard to knock that back,could help set crackers up for a few years.

COLTS,we have lost taylor and webb to retirement but you never know with these two,cooper has also gone,he is off to abbers in the edfl.We are not on a huge recruiting drive but hopefully we can get o'neill back and mcbroom back from o/s also wittmar fit should help,Along with the injured players that missed during the finals and some quality kids coming through we shoul have another solid season.
heard he was returning home to play at kilmore

heard he was returning home to play at kilmore

Not true the last time i had spoke to him,said he was keen to do well at the club next year and with a new job will also make things easier for him,he also is planning to bring a good mate to the club who can also play.......but we are along way from the season and as we all know things can change quickly for any team.

Heard today that wayne patak has knocked back a big offer from strathmore and will stay at spotty,great form from the young fella in my opinion.

Not true the last time i had spoke to him,said he was keen to do well at the club next year and with a new job will also make things easier for him,he also is planning to bring a good mate to the club who can also play.......but we are along way from the season and as we all know things can change quickly for any team.

Heard today that wayne patak has knocked back a big offer from strathmore and will stay at spotty,great form from the young fella in my opinion.

Oh ok well as i sed thats just what i heard any idea what the mates name is. its jus we are from the same club (robbie and i ) so i may no the bloke???? Is the mate from kilmore ?????

i get the feeling there is more to it than not indicating if he wanted the job or not ,applications close at the end of the month , he obviosly hasnt put in for it, or been told by the committe not to bother . there wouldnt be many clubs who wouldnt appoint him if they had a vacancy available, pretty low act by the club, mayby they should appoint a new committe as well:thumbsdown:

Guys, just wondering on todays anniversary of the bali bombing if there were any WRFL clubs over there at the time?

I know Ports Dave McGregors old team, Reservoir, were over there and they all come home pretty shaken. I'm sure as a footy club they stuck fat and got through the event that happened.

We're all lucky we come from a great country and play in a sport we all love,
if those other countries would put aside all the bullsh1t politics, religion, etc...

cheers to all the aussies that lost their lives, may their memory live forever,
rest in peace.

Inka,

St Albans had 13 boys over there, I believe they had tea less then an hour before the bomb with the boys who sadly passed from WA. The St Albans Boys decided to go to there rooms and drink the duty free grog before they hit the Sari Night Club.

When they were walking to the Sari Club only 1 block away the bomb went off. This only happened as they all decided to stay together for the last night. They would of been at the club earlier but one of the boys forgot his thongs in his room and took about 10 mins to get them while the other 12 boys waited outside.

These boys were Very Lucky.

They also played a big part in getting allot of burn victims to the hospitals and treated them in the hotel rooms, a sad and touching time for all involved.

It was such a sad time and i think some of the guys are still having a kick at the Club.

i get the feeling there is more to it than not indicating if he wanted the job or not ,applications close at the end of the month , he obviosly hasnt put in for it, or been told by the committe not to bother . there wouldnt be many clubs who wouldnt appoint him if they had a vacancy available, pretty low act by the club, mayby they should appoint a new committe as well:thumbsdown:

Adam Taylor has been given the job of the 2's, apparently only 2 applicants lodged and he would of had it in the bag as soon as he applied. Fraser can come down to Heatherdale Oval, extremes though from premiership coach to bottom of the ladder.

apologies to the hoppers committe for my earlier post, this sounds more like it! lucky these unhappy players wernt playing seniors or frosty would be out of a gig. I might have to head down to hogans rd to play footy looks like players have a say in who coachs and mayby they can pick what position they want to play . You wouldnt want to upset the players ! what a circus.

apologies to the hoppers committe for my earlier post, this sounds more like it! lucky these unhappy players wernt playing seniors or frosty would be out of a gig. I might have to head down to hogans rd to play footy looks like players have a say in who coachs and mayby they can pick what position they want to play . You wouldnt want to upset the players ! what a circus.

To add to that, a few LOYAL servants of the club could be leaving, due to the direction of "youth" for the senior side. I felt that during the finals, too many smaller bodies was the cause of them failing to make the GF.

To add to that, a few LOYAL servants of the club could be leaving, due to the direction of "youth" for the senior side. I felt that during the finals, too many smaller bodies was the cause of them failing to make the GF.
I felt Colts being a better side was the cause of that they struggled against a spirted Albion and they shouldnt have got close. There smaller players would play in any top 4 side its some players lack of commitment to the ball that cost them. Who do you bring in Walker, Cavka or Borlaise l would rather go with the kids these blokes are past it

Inka,

St Albans had 13 boys over there, I believe they had tea less then an hour before the bomb with the boys who sadly passed from WA. The St Albans Boys decided to go to there rooms and drink the duty free grog before they hit the Sari Night Club.

When they were walking to the Sari Club only 1 block away the bomb went off. This only happened as they all decided to stay together for the last night. They would of been at the club earlier but one of the boys forgot his thongs in his room and took about 10 mins to get them while the other 12 boys waited outside.

These boys were Very Lucky.

They also played a big part in getting allot of burn victims to the hospitals and treated them in the hotel rooms, a sad and touching time for all involved.

It was such a sad time and i think some of the guys are still having a kick at the Club.
Funny u say that as i'm mates with a few of them and we were out last night and that exact topic came up.
Was a very hard and trying time for the boys at the time and whilst some of them wish not to talk about it a few of em r pretty open to discuss it.

I couldn't imagine what these guys went thru that night and there after and wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back