Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

and the 1s won where you hiding rock 07 i must say love you blokes getting beat its like watching a bunch of school kids blaming someone else for the trouble all pointing the finger at one another ps to use one line out of the hoppers scrap book its not show me the money its show some disiplne

BB,this one of your earlier post and now you write to me like your my mate and asking if we have signed savalas.................well just wait to next year until you see what our side is like and then you can pot us again as much as you like,but you no deep down how good we are, and yes we lost the gf but we can cop that,but at
least we have a crack and put ourselves out there.Four grand finals in four years is a great effort and we won two and lost two both by a goal,i'm sure any other team in the wrfl would love to have that record.
We will be a force in 08 again no doubt about it who we sign and who we loose will be there for you to see in round 1.

Look forward to the banter in 08, already i can't wait for the season to start........................GO COLTS

i am after some info on the following players, was given the names of 2 leagues they may be in (im posting over there too) any info is much appreciated

Murat Ergunen - Spotswood?
Corey Dunn
Harry Cartell
Jason Curran

Thanks

Murat plays at Spotty mate. He came runner up in the 2's b and f. Probably the most improved player at the club. Wasnt far off seniors a few times this year apparently. He is fit and has a go. Will continue to improve and should push for senior footy next year.

Hope this is what you are after.

nope, Wedderburn dont want them, im going to have to update the name soon

Theres also some "Arli" mentioned, this name ring a bell?

You can whoever you like from the WRFL, as long as we get back Stenna. oh and you cant have Rusty either! haha. You have won ur flag now give us a go... Cheers!

Ahhh a sunshine fella are we? :thumbsu: Perhaps discover a way to get between him and young Holty, and you will get him back, until then, hes ours ;)

"Wallowing in self-pity" ? I doubt you even know the meaning of the phrase..........And what have Glenorden done ? I'd love to see examples of you above statements........

I'm shaw thunderball does know the meaning. I think he was refering to those teams keep doing the same thing waiting for things to happen. Yarriville have no stability and can't even keep a coach. Keogh has come and gone a few times> Same mistakes. Altona are placing all there faith in their youth. which is a promising group but all quality div 1 teams know that your youth is important but you must recruit quality players as well. There is no way you will achieve all if it all comes from the one pool. Successful clubs over the last 5 years. Hoppers, Colts, Spotty, Parkside all recruited extremely well from outside their club. This is where Yarra and Altona Fall down. Glenordon made more ground on the comp then these 2 clubs in 07 the results show this as well!

I'm shaw thunderball does know the meaning. I think he was refering to those teams keep doing the same thing waiting for things to happen. Yarriville have no stability and can't even keep a coach. Keogh has come and gone a few times> Same mistakes. Altona are placing all there faith in their youth. which is a promising group but all quality div 1 teams know that your youth is important but you must recruit quality players as well. There is no way you will achieve all if it all comes from the one pool. Successful clubs over the last 5 years. Hoppers, Colts, Spotty, Parkside all recruited extremely well from outside their club. This is where Yarra and Altona Fall down. Glenordon made more ground on the comp then these 2 clubs in 07 the results show this as well!

Easy said then done. If a club doesn't have the resources to attract players then they can only work with what they've got. In the case of yarra it is unfortunate that they haven't been able to pull big names players, but with the lopsided nature of the comp it not a surprise. Big name players are attracted to money or success, and i don't blame them, and this is something yarra have not had the luxury of in the past. However they keep trying and are still hanging in, so who knows what is round the corner for them. This year was the first year they re-fielded an 18s team (and athough unsuccessful) that demonstrates development. Additionally they have a reasonably strong junior network that operates somewhat independently of the senior division, and is generating much success. Yarra will hang in there, and hopefully they have some luck go their way. If not this year then i predict a grim future, but hey sometimes you need to fall out to regroup...and other times you just never regroup again. Only time will tell.

Even your "explanation" does not address WHY Yarra and Altona are "Wallowing in self-pity". All you have done is sight examples of past mistakes made by both clubs committees. As for Glenorden, a true test of how far they have come will be how they perform in 2008. So I will leave my judgement till then,

Waiting for things to happen ? Well, I can unequivocally say that this is not the case. You can only do so much with what resources you have at your disposal. This is true of all clubs, no matter what financial position they are in.

It is true that Altona are placing alot of faith in the talent that is coming through. But to say that this is all we are counting on is nothing short of rediculous. As has been said previously, it is hard to attract players to a club that is sitting in Altona's position. But this situation is something that is being worked on by all at the club in the hope that things will turn around. Changing a club's culture is a mammoth task. But it is something that has been taken on and eventually will be completed.

Even your "explanation" does not address WHY Yarra and Altona are "Wallowing in self-pity". All you have done is sight examples of past mistakes made by both clubs committees. As for Glenorden, a true test of how far they have come will be how they perform in 2008. So I will leave my judgement till then,

Waiting for things to happen ? Well, I can unequivocally say that this is not the case. You can only do so much with what resources you have at your disposal. This is true of all clubs, no matter what financial position they are in.

It is true that Altona are placing alot of faith in the talent that is coming through. But to say that this is all we are counting on is nothing short of rediculous. As has been said previously, it is hard to attract players to a club that is sitting in Altona's position. But this situation is something that is being worked on by all at the club in the hope that things will turn around. Changing a club's culture is a mammoth task. But it is something that has been taken on and eventually will be completed.

There is always a reason for these clubs, lack of resorce, no juniors, etc.
i commend Altona for what they have done with their junior program it is a great building block. but they also run independantley to the seniors which is where the club continues to fall down. if the right people are running the club then they will know how to increase the resources days of the sausage sizzle making all the revenue are gone. Both clubs have dropped to 2nd div and come back up with still no impact, both were lucky to avoid relagation considering parkside basically had no players. They dwell in self pitty that all the odds are against them. At least the Altona juniors are doing something. Yarraville are slowly becoming a joke since winning a flag in the 90's.
s

i commend Altona for what they have done with their junior program it is a great building block. but they also run independantley to the seniors which is where the club continues to fall down. if the right people are running the club then they will know how to increase the resources days of the sausage sizzle making all the revenue are gone. Both clubs have dropped to 2nd div and come back up with still no impact, both were lucky to avoid relagation considering parkside basically had no players. They dwell in self pitty that all the odds are against them. At least the Altona juniors are doing something. Yarraville are slowly becoming a joke since winning a flag in the 90's.
s

I think your comments are becoming a joke mate. Its easy for you to sit on your high chair once your team has come off a grand final win you tool. Yarra are hardly 'wallowing in pity' i think your just trying to make yourself sound smarter then you actually are. Of course the odds are against yarra you moron, that's just stating the obvious, hardly 'dwelling in self pity'. Anyone can see that the chips are down, but while they're still in Div 1, they're still in Div 1. Next time think of a better 'intelligent' phrase to use before posting.

I think your comments are becoming a joke mate. Its easy for you to sit on your high chair once your team has come off a grand final win you tool. Yarra are hardly 'wallowing in pity' i think your just trying to make yourself sound smarter then you actually are. Of course the odds are against yarra you moron, that's just stating the obvious, hardly 'dwelling in self pity'. Anyone can see that the chips are down, but while they're still in Div 1, they're still in Div 1. Next time think of a better 'intelligent' phrase to use before posting.

why are they a joke cause i have an opinion. no need to get personal didn't know i wasn't allowed to express my opinion you twit. as for trying to sound smart was only trying to help define what someone else was saying. obviously smelling the rubbish on the bottom of the ladder has affected your brain. And just for the record i'm an ex yarraville junior who's the dim wit now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s

It is very hard for a club to make an impact after only 2 years in Div 1. So your comment is of no significance.

Regarding the Juniors/Seniors. This was done many years ago and for the past couple of years the relationship between the two clubs has improved dramatically. Things are looking good from this perspective. Yes, the odds are against the likes of Altona and Yarraville, but not once have I heard an official from either club lament this fact. As I said, you can only work with the resources you have at hand. I have also said that changing a culture is no easy feat and will take time.

why are they a joke cause i have an opinion. no need to get personal didn't know i wasn't allowed to express my opinion you twit. as for trying to sound smart was only trying to help define what someone else was saying. obviously smelling the rubbish on the bottom of the ladder has affected your brain. And just for the record i'm an ex yarraville junior who's the dim wit now!

I recall in another thread that you stated you were an Altona Junior. Which club are you from exactly ? Seems that you are changing clubs to suit your arguement.

What does that have to do with anything? Obviously you've jumped ship...care to explain why?

It is very hard for a club to make an impact after only 2 years in Div 1. So your comment is of no significance.

Regarding the Juniors/Seniors. This was done many years ago and for the past couple of years the relationship between the two clubs has improved dramatically. Things are looking good from this perspective. Yes, the odds are against the likes of Altona and Yarraville, but not once have I heard an official from either club lament this fact. As I said, you can only work with the resources you have at hand. I have also said that changing a culture is no easy feat and will take time.

I recall in another thread that you stated you were an Altona Junior. Which club are you from exactly ? Seems that you are changing clubs to suit your arguement.

You are correct i did play juniors at Altona as well. I played a few at Yarraville to play with a cousin. i here whwere you are coming from and as i stated i commend the junior program at Altona it ranks in the leagues top 3 programs now!

true hard to have an impact in first 2 years. Just that team was close to going down to div2 again and this has been a problem. Culture is a hard thing to change. easier at a junior level cause new parents come through. But at a senior level very hard if the bad culture is running the club. I want the league to thrive. i don't want the top team to beat the bottom by 30 goals it does nothing for the comp. Good luck to both teams just don't want to see them dwelling at the bottom. Cause i actually do have a soft spot for both teams.

You are correct i did play juniors at Altona as well. I played a few at Yarraville to play with a cousin. i here whwere you are coming from and as i stated i commend the junior program at Altona it ranks in the leagues top 3 programs now!

true hard to have an impact in first 2 years. Just that team was close to going down to div2 again and this has been a problem. Culture is a hard thing to change. easier at a junior level cause new parents come through. But at a senior level very hard if the bad culture is running the club. I want the league to thrive. i don't want the top team to beat the bottom by 30 goals it does nothing for the comp. Good luck to both teams just don't want to see them dwelling at the bottom. Cause i actually do have a soft spot for both teams.

Well we'l just leave it at that then. I think that's what everyone wants so we can agree on that at least. Lets see what season 2008 holds.

Well we'l just leave it at that then. I think that's what everyone wants so we can agree on that at least. Lets see what season 2008 holds.

All i was trying to say in the first place mate. Just didn't appreciate the personal attack. we do get on hear to tell info and opinions!

Bring on 2008!!!

Well, what have I done ???

28 posts in the past 37 hours since I had a go at 3.14am yesterday.

1 post in the 47 hours immediately previous to that.

Good to see that all are still alive and well and that Club Passion is running deep within the veins.

Keep it coming !!

Cats start ps training on the 12th!
Shanks stilll coach.

Tappy gone to Keilor.

Cats start ps training on the 12th!
Shanks stilll coach.

Tappy gone to Keilor.

I heard Shanksy had given up bcos of work and didnt have time. That was from a very reliable source.

Why has he gone to Keilor? Have you lost/picked up anybody else? We have basically kept the same team as last year and are hopeful of snagging a couple of new faces.

nah sorry boys, pullin ya leg.....

As far as i know hes staying.......as with the rest of the boys, could be different if shanksy does leave.
....he could hang them up but as far as we know hes taking pre-season and still our coach.

Not to sure about the recruiting, dont think we've been in a position where the new players have stuck around for another season.........must have been the finals experience!!!!

Go Cats.

hey inka wot about some of the kids savage/perry/upton r they likely to get a lookin at any stage or just bide their time in the magoos?

Luke played a game in the late game this year, Patty played one last yr.......their all pretty young, give a few more yrs in the early game and they'll play seniors.
Kevin would need to trim down a little, great mark, can play when he puts his head into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back