Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

The 4km swim would have been tough. lol

Granted, well done Beazer. Appologies gents, 4km run it is.

The bike helped however it did not get me over the line, Bear Comer easily had me covered on the pushy, he is a demon on that thing of his.

The run got me home in the end.

Surely training b4 xmas has to be better for you than not training at all, even if you do lose a bit of it.

I agree with you in part beazer but the mental side of things training pre xmas then getting back and training for another 12 wks til games is alot for local footy in my opinion,i think if players can do there own thing pre xmas then start mid jan and have a program for 12 wks this would be suffecient,and with sunshine having 6 wks off they will pretty much be back where they started,anyway each to their own at the end of the day you need quality players and good depth in your list.

Merry xmas to all and hope you all have a safe new year,lookf forward to beating you all next year..........go colts

The bike helped however it did not get me over the line, Bear Comer easily had me covered on the pushy, he is a demon on that thing of his.

We saw you guys running at the Anglers 1 night and you had them all covered, daylight was 2nd. Cabs looked like he was about to give berth as he was blowing bubbles............... Nah he was going pretty well. Triathletes are freaks. F#ck doing that for a sport.

ur not wrong beazer, i wasnt in a good way. but thats what happens when ur chasing travvys tail. the bloke is seriously a freak. i reckon he would be the fittest in the league, but in saying that i havent seen other clubs. i know spudda was a freak at willy when i was there so maybe he would give him a run for his money. also agree with you rock, burn out can occur. i know last year with injuries and so on the end of the year couldnt come fast enough, but then finals motivate you again. it is a long season when you consider the time and effort put in.

Sounds like there are few sides out there trying to get the edge for next season. All the very best to all of you.

For what its worth, the hard training now, will hold you in good stead but obviously there will need to be some other work done before you go back to training Trav.

Training for running as long as I have, my coach used to train us hard four weeks and give us 1 week easy. The one week easy was to give the bodies the rest necessary and it sounds like the same principle at the Kangas.

Will be interesting to see if it works.

Well with all this discussion about fitness brings up the topic of who do people rate as the fitess at each club. Who are the freaks of the league?

Have heard a rumour that rusty douglas is a big chance to be joining stenhouse and baird at wedderburn next year? Is it just a rumour?

Agree, triathletes are freaks. Doing a triathlon every now and then gives you an appreciation for the fitness/ conditioning required to participate at a competitive level.

I am not sure about any of the other Sunshine boys, but i personally could not walk for the two days after the event.

There is a chance that Rusty might head up to Wedderburn with Stenna. They have offered him a ridiculous amount of money, almost too good to knock back, especially for a bloke who is on apprentice wages. Pretty much Wedderburn have r*ped us in terms of taking gun players but thats football. Sunshine will be doing everything possible to keep him, would be a massive loss for us and also the league.

About 4 years ago I used to play some games in the North Central footy league when we (VFL) had byes, I can say quite comfortably that the standard is terrible. I remember playing on the flank against Wedderburn at there harness track footy grand and kicking 4 by about 10 minutes into the 2nd qtr playing on the flank, I apparantley had there captain or vice captain playing on me, the prik stomped on my foot on purpose and broke it which in future led to all sorts of problems for me.

Why anyone would want to travel 3 hours to play horse paddock footy is beyond me, I know they have some coin up there but surely some blokes can get almost as much in melbourne, what is the difference between getting 700 up their and 450 down here, buy the time you take in travelling, car services entering into the ground etc it evens out.

About 4 years ago I used to play some games in the North Central footy league when we (VFL) had byes, I can say quite comfortably that the standard is terrible. I remember playing on the flank against Wedderburn at there harness track footy grand and kicking 4 by about 10 minutes into the 2nd qtr playing on the flank, I apparantley had there captain or vice captain playing on me, the prik stomped on my foot on purpose and broke it which in future led to all sorts of problems for me.

Why anyone would want to travel 3 hours to play horse paddock footy is beyond me, I know they have some coin up there but surely some blokes can get almost as much in melbourne, what is the difference between getting 700 up their and 450 down here, buy the time you take in travelling, car services entering into the ground etc it evens out.
Douglas is not on anywhere near that amount at Sunshine and the amount he is being offered is greater than what you think...
You are right though, how do you weigh up travel and time for cash. 3 hours there, three hours back, thats 6 in the car, at the ground a few hours early. Have to leave at 8 in the morning on a sat and get back very late that night especially after a few beers after the game... Big call

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh agree. I reckon they would look after his accommodation and that, along with petrol as most country clubs do. But the travel would be too much nearly. Especially if hes getting not much less to stay at Sunshine. Pretty sure we will do whatever it takes to keep him here, not only a gun footballer but a top bloke on and off the field. Hes also been offered plenty to play back home at South Warnambool. As cookie said, it couldnt help his footy to drop back to that standard... one of the weaker country leagues.

so what your saying is the captain or vice captain done his job u were looking dangerous and he stopped you thats old school football did u end up winning the game at least.

Nah we ended up going down by about 2 points, I think when I came off we where up by 5 goals. The bloke that stepped on my foot really screwed it, it never really healed properly and by the time Pre Season started again (VFL) I thought it was ok but then broke it again just doing a normal run. It healed again after some descent treatment but then broke again midway through the season, that bloke robbed me of a year of footy basically, breaking my foot 3 times and now if I do to much it gets really sore, I limp for days after a game or tough training sessions.

Anyway if there is any advice I can give guy going to play up there would be stay home, the footy is garbage, the grounds are mostly arctic they are that big. They do look after you money and accomodation wise but they are a different bread, having a night out in the local up there is very arrhhh non exciting.

Looking forward to this year though, have heard mixed reports on the comp, top teams go well and it drops off quite dramatically from about 4-5 down. Top 5 is pretty much settled before the season starts, Colts/Hoppers/Spotswood fight out the top 3 with Albion and St.Albans 4 and 5 with maybe Sunshine pushing ever so slightly.

Anyone disagree??

Looking forward to this year though, have heard mixed reports on the comp, top teams go well and it drops off quite dramatically from about 4-5 down. Top 5 is pretty much settled before the season starts, Colts/Hoppers/Spotswood fight out the top 3 with Albion and St.Albans 4 and 5 with maybe Sunshine pushing ever so slightly.

Anyone disagree??[/quote]

close to the money but i think albion sunshine and st albans will all be pushing top 3,also think spotty are well ahead of the pack,especially if jackson barling has signed....any spotty boys confirm this..

any news out of the goat herders have they signed a couple of x afl players and have hoppers signed rohan smith for 10 games

Yes, I'm lead to believe they have.

looks like the youth policy has been given the boot after only 1 season.......

also heard reece miles and ben fletcher are moving on from hogans road to a vfl club can anyone confirm

Hi guys, can you do me a favour and let me know who makes your jumpers ?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back