Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

I heard he has been tearing the league a new a hole with his dominance and prowess

13-CABS said:
Brendan McEvoy, dont be silly. he kicked 11 against the worst metropolitan a grade side you could find. Honestly he hasn't done anything all year against quality backmen.

Hey Cabbie are you implying with this statement that Altona are worse than Seddon Yarraville.

Was last week this McEvoy's first game, if not i agree with cabby, there was not much on offer up forward for the tigers that caused too much reason for concern when we played them.

13-CABS said:
Brendan McEvoy, dont be silly. he kicked 11 against the worst metropolitan a grade side you could find. Honestly he hasn't done anything all year against quality backmen.
Interesting about Port Colts, some might say they are the Strathmore of the WRFL, lots of gun players, interesting to see if they can play together.
Many changes down at Sunshine this week, some forced due to suspensions and unavailable, but some new faces in, good game to blood new guys playing against Seddon.
half agree with you there cabs they have alot of good players down at colts but what you will find all the colts boys love playing footy with there mates.where stathmore players are playing for the coin.If newmen is going back to the colts this just proves my point because he could walk in to any club and get double or triple the money then what he would get at colts.
will think there would be some big goal kickers this week I think clake might get taken over the goal kicking this week if does'nt kick strait.:D

bronco27 said:
half agree with you there cabs they have alot of good players down at colts but what you will find all the colts boys love playing footy with there mates.where stathmore players are playing for the coin.If newmen is going back to the colts this just proves my point because he could walk in to any club and get double or triple the money then what he would get at colts.
will think there would be some big goal kickers this week I think clake might get taken over the goal kicking this week if does'nt kick strait.:D

Why did Newman leave in the first place? was it money?, the club? or the people around the club???. Anyone know.

RAZA said:
Why did Newman leave in the first place? was it money?, the club? or the people around the club???. Anyone know.

And where has this newman played prior to now after initially leaving the colts?

RAZA said:
At first he left for a bit of extra coin as the club could offer him nothing then he was at Port melb on basic match payment and for the last two seasons at corowa.If he does come back it's due to work commitments but he still has alot of mates at the colts and has been training their all year but speaking to him he is hopefull to finish the year at corowa and then return to the colts but if work gets in the way he could be back at the colts with in a few weeks.
Bronco27 i have been watching clarke over the last few weeks and he did miss 3 or 4 he would usually get last week he has been kicking pretty well,but saying someone will over take him this week is a bit outrageous his about 10 ahead of his nearest rival and the form his in you would expect him to kick 4.
As long as burns and mcnulty are on the wings delivering the footy and not those hack kickers taylor and stevens i think he will stay in front.

COLTS SIDE
backs- cooper -taylor -stevens
h/back-twoomey- jacobs-turnbull
centres-burns- webb- mcnulty
h/fwds-clarke -brannan masis
fwds-winters bracken-sequenza
rucks-julier-kealy-a.clarke
inter debruyn-cox-mcbroom
with taylor in that back line they look hard to go past

13-CABS said:

Have you seen these games he's "done nothing" in?? Coz I have seen a couple and I think you'll find it was more of a fact of the midfielders not hitting him rather than not being able to buy a kick all day coz' of a quality backman. Keep in mind he's new to Yarraville and they mightn't have realised he could play.

gee that port colt side is very impressive. Guys like twomey and massis would play on the ball in any other a grade WRFL side. whats happened to torren bonnet? injured or has he given it away? he would be one of the future stars of the league, hard at it and skilful, can play anywhere...
Not a huge fan of mcevoy, struggled against sunshine and although the delivery might not be good have heard from a few colbo people that he isn't a real standout when he played down there, therefore he should probably struggle in the WRFL.
Will be interesting to see if Travvy43 can actually string a few games together. Reminds me of Jana Pittman with all his dramas. Cant seem to stay on the track this year.

cant wait for the warriors to face off with colts true to the statemenmt they havnt faced much this season but the way the warriors have played has been second to none
andrew venna has situated himself in the side very nicely very strong mark overhead and can relieve puli in the ruck warriors are very impressive

13-CABS said:
Interesting about Port Colts, some might say they are the Strathmore of the WRFL, lots of gun players, interesting to see if they can play together.
Many changes down at Sunshine this week, some forced due to suspensions and unavailable, but some new faces in, good game to blood new guys playing against Seddon.
THE HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COLTS AND STRATHMORE IS THAT COLTS HAVENT BOUGHT THERE SIDE CHAMP

ROCK07 said:
At first he left for a bit of extra coin as the club could offer him nothing then he was at Port melb on basic match payment and for the last two seasons at corowa.If he does come back it's due to work commitments but he still has alot of mates at the colts and has been training their all year but speaking to him he is hopefull to finish the year at corowa and then return to the colts but if work gets in the way he could be back at the colts with in a few weeks.
Bronco27 i have been watching clarke over the last few weeks and he did miss 3 or 4 he would usually get last week he has been kicking pretty well,but saying someone will over take him this week is a bit outrageous his about 10 ahead of his nearest rival and the form his in you would expect him to kick 4.
As long as burns and mcnulty are on the wings delivering the footy and not those hack kickers taylor and stevens i think he will stay in front.

COLTS SIDE
backs- cooper -taylor -stevens
h/back-twoomey- jacobs-turnbull
centres-burns- webb- mcnulty
h/fwds-clarke -brannan masis
fwds-winters bracken-sequenza
rucks-julier-kealy-a.clarke
inter debruyn-cox-mcbroom
with taylor in that back line they look hard to go past
good to see mixing up the forward line clake is always going to get his 3 or 4 goals a game.but you don't want to be to perdicterble maybe debruin webb or even our little mate stevens down there just to get opp teams off guard:thumbsu: .

13-CABS said:
whos the changes for the kangas this week mate

my comments before comparing port colts to strathmore wasnt about the money factor, more that it may be hard to fit so many guns in the one side, never said they had bought their side...
At sunshine both connors are unavailable, comer suspended, sonogans playing in 2's. in is a few first gamers with a couple of jets guys, another younger guy, woodsy and tommy millar back... shows sunshine have plenty of depth, with prob 30 guys capable of playing seniors, but then again depth doesnt matter against the top sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

toothy_likes_to_gorge said:
cant wait for the warriors to face off with colts true to the statemenmt they havnt faced much this season but the way the warriors have played has been second to none
andrew venna has situated himself in the side very nicely very strong mark overhead and can relieve puli in the ruck warriors are very impressive
Agree Hoppers flying and will finish top with their % like they did last year, great team, all mates they deserve it all, i often see them all out togeather having a great time and just bonding(envy that about them) good on em.
Will finish Preimership Champions.

bronco27 said:
good to see mixing up the forward line clake is always going to get his 3 or 4 goals a game.but you don't want to be to perdicterble maybe debruin webb or even our little mate stevens down there just to get opp teams off guard:thumbsu: .
With forwards like that i think they dont have to worry about getting sides off guard, there handy if form or injury play a part(god forebidd), there is some handy forwards and midfielders in the colts backline and dare i say would probably line up forward or in the middle in 8-7 other sides in the WRFL. Its just to hard for them to get a gig there when the quality of players keep performing up there. Maybe Clarke needs to play other places in case the situation arise come big games or even finals, and he might have to push to full back or in the midfield, ill think he'd handle it like the other 25 utilitys down the Colts.
New bloke in for his first game im told Adam Clarke(no relation) has an impressive resume, very hard at it great footy brain, will be a great asset to an already impressive team, that might just might come close to the mighty mighty Hoppers.
Goodnight and good luck to all teams that make up the great WRFL(except St Albans)

HOPPERS CROSSING.......................
Watched them a couple of times now and here are my thoughts on this side..
They play an attractive brand of football running hard through the lines and linking up well.
Andrew Venner gives them alot of first usage with his taps which roughly 70% go to frost.Venner will also drop into the hole across half back and make it hard for opposition forwards ,when he changes he usually goes to the forward pocket and with his good hands can take a few grabs in the goal square.
Frosty although has slowed up alot is still a ball magnet and alot of forward thrusts are played through him running hard through the centre.Frost still has the strength to take the ball away from a pack situation and most times has a stream of warriors players running hard past for the hands.
Hoppers sometimes can be frost conscience and when he bellows for the ball 8 out of 10 times they will kick it to him.
Hoppers leave there forward line open for Dale Carson who is very quick off the mark and takes a good grab in his hands out in front.They look for him most times and will chip it around untill he leads.
Once the ball hits the deck in the warriors forward line a wall of players hit the pack running hard so oppositon wingers and onballers must follow there man and stick with them.
Hoppers have very damaging runners like Koutzmanis,montebruno,paul carson who will hurt you by foot with precision passes to Dale carson.
Crowding up the warriors forward line is a must otherwise Dale Carson will have a picnic the way the footy is delivered to him.
They can be caught flat footed on a turnover and quick movement will sought them out because there offence outweighs there defence.
Overall a very classey outfit who run in numbers and dispose the ball by foot very well ......................

Looks like most of my tips got up and although i tipped spoty i tipped albion may get up after realisin a few spoty players wre ijured.
On to the results spoty must be a little worried after there 3rd straight loss and good to see albion get there season back on track.
Sunshine smashed seddon and their big gun stenhouse got 13 goals great effort looks like the kangas mite be waking.
Parkside comfortably over yarraville after there shock loss last week to get some confidece going in to their big clash with hoppers this week at home hopefully the real parkers turn up.
Hoppers continued their awesome form smashing altona with all their big guns firing and d carson bagging a lazy 9 goals.I think if sides can stop him you go a long in trying to knock of the flag favorites.
The colts had a great win over st.albans a game which yhey really wnted after an embarissing performance out their last year and having not won out their for a long time i know it's a victory they are very happy with.
Now if both colts and hoppers win this week i think round 7 will be a cracker with both sides being undefeated and these two sides already having a fierce rivalry i recomend all footy lovers to get down to hogan's rd hoppers crossing and watch the game of the year.

madpie said:
They play an attractive brand of football running hard through the lines and linking up well.
Andrew Venner gives them alot of first usage with his taps which roughly 70% go to frost.Venner will also drop into the hole across half back and make it hard for opposition forwards ,when he changes he usually goes to the forward pocket and with his good hands can take a few grabs in the goal square.
Frosty although has slowed up alot is still a ball magnet and alot of forward thrusts are played through him running hard through the centre.Frost still has the strength to take the ball away from a pack situation and most times has a stream of warriors players running hard past for the hands.
Hoppers sometimes can be frost conscience and when he bellows for the ball 8 out of 10 times they will kick it to him.
Hoppers leave there forward line open for Dale Carson who is very quick off the mark and takes a good grab in his hands out in front.They look for him most times and will chip it around untill he leads.
Once the ball hits the deck in the warriors forward line a wall of players hit the pack running hard so oppositon wingers and onballers must follow there man and stick with them.
Hoppers have very damaging runners like Koutzmanis,montebruno,paul carson who will hurt you by foot with precision passes to Dale carson.
Crowding up the warriors forward line is a must otherwise Dale Carson will have a picnic the way the footy is delivered to him.
They can be caught flat footed on a turnover and quick movement will sought them out because there offence outweighs there defence.
Overall a very classey outfit who run in numbers and dispose the ball by foot very well ......................
Madpie love your work, you sound like you know your footy i was reading your post on the training thread that sounded like a hard nights training was it as hard for the rest of pre-season. Knowing you have watched Hoppers and Colts have you got a tip for round and whats the basis of the decsion?

ROCK07 said:
Looks like most of my tips got up and although i tipped spoty i tipped albion may get up after realisin a few spoty players wre ijured.
On to the results spoty must be a little worried after there 3rd straight loss and good to see albion get there season back on track.
Sunshine smashed seddon and their big gun stenhouse got 13 goals great effort looks like the kangas mite be waking.
Parkside comfortably over yarraville after there shock loss last week to get some confidece going in to their big clash with hoppers this week at home hopefully the real parkers turn up.
Hoppers continued their awesome form smashing altona with all their big guns firing and d carson bagging a lazy 9 goals.I think if sides can stop him you go a long in trying to knock of the flag favorites.
The colts had a great win over st.albans a game which yhey really wnted after an embarissing performance out their last year and having not won out their for a long time i know it's a victory they are very happy with.
Now if both colts and hoppers win this week i think round 7 will be a cracker with both sides being undefeated and these two sides already having a fierce rivalry i recomend all footy lovers to get down to hogan's rd hoppers crossing and watch the game of the year.
Julier Vs Venner
Masis Vs Carson
Clarke Vs Taylor

Just to name a few match ups, big headaches for both coaches.

Big anxious fortnight will be massive im sure both teams have been waiting for this for a while, Hoppers are proud side and will want to get revenge for the pounding they received in last years finals.

Heard the Colts boys caught a mini bus to the pitiful St Albans ground and had breakfeast togeather, seems like a great bonding expirence and works great move that one. Who played well and is there much worthy depth down there and is there any injuries?.
Seems the new recruits are fitting in quite well down there, and flying as well.

Quitest crowd i have ever heard down at St Albans can honestly say i enjoyed going there and leaving there, still the usaul feral gooses down there but with not much to say.

madpie said:

Well said madpie!. Although have to disagree with the statement about Hoppers backline, have seen two games this season and also after seeing the scores in each game (7 goals being the highest kicked against), it looks to me that they have a fairly formitable outfit down back. Taylor,Clonan,Phipps as a CHB line sounds solid. Apart from that, good post.

Hoppers crossing vs Portcolts............
These two sides are far and away the best two sides in the comp(thats not hard to work out).The Battle lies in the middle with who can get first use.Venner vs Julier will be a great clash and whoever can get on top there and palm the ball to onballers will set up goals.A key question is will frost be tagged?and if so who by?My opinion les taylor would be able to run with frost and wear him closely.Havent seen Hoppers hit with some real physical force this year ,really big crunching tackles on the onballers or big shepards.
For the colts to win they are going to have to play a close checking style of football not allowing the hoppers onballers to have space to be creative and kick with confidence.
Also the colts will need a big strong body to fill the hole and block carsons space and crash into him and make him earn every kick,thats where julier can fill in the hole with assistance from bracken.
Hoppers play tall in there forward line with the ruckmen resting in the forward pocket so the colts will need to get some big fists on the balls that are bombed into the square,that where jacobs is very good at making a contest and spoiling.
The Games definetly won out of the guts and neither side has played classier onballers but i believe the colts can win if and ifs a big word they can make there opponents earn every kick for 4 quarters strong tackling heavy shepards (nothing stupid)close checking,non stop running.
Both forward lines are capable of kicking a winning score its only which side can get it in there the quickest.
A big heart stands out in a battle and i know theres plenty of big hearts underneath those red and blue jumpers.Go colts

RAZA said:
Well said madpie!. Although have to disagree with the statement about Hoppers backline, have seen two games this season and also after seeing the scores in each game (7 goals being the highest kicked against), it looks to me that they have a fairly formitable outfit down back. Taylor,Clonan,Phipps as a CHB line sounds solid. Apart from that, good post.
How is Phipps going heard he was a chance to got to the Colts, and hows Taylor going he would have to be 55 years old now looking forward to catching up with him round 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back