Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

Kozzis Dizzy said:
yes by 1 point and Colts got up over Parkside after being 40 points down at 3/4 time, Winters kicking a goal with 10 seconds to go...
AND WAT A WIN!!!!!!!! was bout to leave with the shizer weather but sumthin told me tht i should stick it out and boy im glad i stayed one of theeeeeeee greatest comebacks ive seen!!well done colts boys:thumbsu:

16possies said:
AND WAT A WIN!!!!!!!! was bout to leave with the shizer weather but sumthin told me tht i should stick it out and boy im glad i stayed one of theeeeeeee greatest comebacks ive seen!!well done colts boys:thumbsu:
Well people where do i start,just returned from the marquee and the colts drag night and boy what a nite,great team celerbrations.
Now to yeterdays results great win by altona we are all happy for them,sunshine also a great win against there bogey team and now to our win, i don't want to seem like im whinning but one of the umpires was so bad we had the other umpire apolagising to us for how bad he was, we went down to 17 men and also we played pretty ordinary but with a 40point margin at 3 quarter time the great port colts spirit showed up and we got up,and boys it was the greatest win i have ever been invloved in.
The belief in this group is amazing and i love being apart of it.

ROCK07 said:
Well people where do i start,just returned from the marquee and the colts drag night and boy what a nite,great team celerbrations.
Now to yeterdays results great win by altona we are all happy for them,sunshine also a great win against there bogey team and now to our win, i don't want to seem like im whinning but one of the umpires was so bad we had the other umpire apolagising to us for how bad he was, we went down to 17 men and also we played pretty ordinary but with a 40point margin at 3 quarter time the great port colts spirit showed up and we got up,and boys it was the greatest win i have ever been invloved in.
The belief in this group is amazing and i love being apart of it.

what a great win by the colts love em or hate em that was character at it's absolute best followed up with a great social event last night the place certainly is great to be part of at the moment
back to footy parkside are a real threat to the premiership the kangaroos are flying at the moment and hoppers we all know there qualities and spottie are capable so this year could be one of the best finals series for quite some time any thoughts

Firstly I must apologize for my colleagues efforts in the game yesterday. ( park v colts ). It was one of the worse umpiring exhibitions I have ever witnessed. Granted we are short of umps but this particular fellow is not up to umpiring at this level. From first bounce to last he was way of the mark and if we could of interchanged him at half time we would of.

The game however was a tough hard fought encounter, both sides gave it there all. One point at half time and two points at full time say it all. Parkside did benefit from a number of suspect frees in the third quarter ( all from the same ump ) but having said that they were in the front spot which at times gives them the benefit of a 50/50 contest. Their lead at three quarter time (40 pts ) looked unobtainable, considering the conditions, the form of the opposition and kicking toward the packed clubroom end. The last quarter was all colts and as you have read in Rocks post they are over the moon with the result. Being a neutral observer I could argue that they should have never got themselves into that position, but having said that they never say die attitude and there commitment to one another is exceptional. Not at any stage did they panic they never looked or played like a loosing side. They attacked in numbers used the ball well and reaped the rewards. The last goal was a pearler from winters but again it was the old champs in Clarke and Webb that started the onslaught. Whilst we sometimes only applaud the forwards their defence was outstanding lead by the pocket dynamo Stevens. Whilst Clarke and co kicked them,Stevens and Taylor repelled them , never conceding a backward step. Whilst it must have been heart breaking loss for Parkside it was the type of win for colts which will be long remembered and will only hold them in good steed for the remainder of the year.

Sounds like a great win. How did the new bloke go? He looked like he was a likely type, did he have any influence on getting them over the line.

How was your drag night did you get your big hairy white body out
cold pies said:
what a great win by the colts love em or hate em that was character at it's absolute best followed up with a great social event last night the place certainly is great to be part of at the moment
back to footy parkside are a real threat to the premiership the kangaroos are flying at the moment and hoppers we all know there qualities and spottie are capable so this year could be one of the best finals series for quite some time any thoughts

Dal santo26 said:
Sounds like a great win. How did the new bloke go? He looked like he was a likely type, did he have any influence on getting them over the line.

Did enough to show he will be an asset to an already strong outfit, will only get better as both parties get to know one another. Ranked number two by players in their MVP.

So Aaron James went to Sunbury... and they paid $9000 for him.

That's the single biggest waste of money since my last trip to sexyland !!An absurd amount for very little return. For $9000 they could have:

Paid for the therapy of every Albian player who was ever forced to see him naked in the change rooms...

Lined the ground with bills to entice him out of the goal square occassionally...

Paid off my mastercard...

I think I'll quit my job and become a footballer with a giant ego... it seems to pay better

Great win by the colts. Great win.. was there and it was magnifiecent. Was about to leave at half time but saw a mate of mine when about to leave and was going to stay for 5 mins then go. But the colts came out to play in the last quater. They were gone at 3 quater time, the word from the huddle was keep persisting and dont worry about the umpires because they were getting frustrated.

The whole side was great in the last quater.. delivery from the back line to the forward was exceptional with the colts running the ball through the lines. They kept winning it in the centre and when Webb came back on the ground the colts had a spring in there step. To win a game after not playing well for three quaters was great.

Carn the colts!

obe1 said:
Firstly I must apologize for my colleagues efforts in the game yesterday. ( park v colts ). It was one of the worse umpiring exhibitions I have ever witnessed. Granted we are short of umps but this particular fellow is not up to umpiring at this level. From first bounce to last he was way of the mark and if we could of interchanged him at half time we would of.

The game however was a tough hard fought encounter, both sides gave it there all. One point at half time and two points at full time say it all. Parkside did benefit from a number of suspect frees in the third quarter ( all from the same ump ) but having said that they were in the front spot which at times gives them the benefit of a 50/50 contest. Their lead at three quarter time (40 pts ) looked unobtainable, considering the conditions, the form of the opposition and kicking toward the packed clubroom end. The last quarter was all colts and as you have read in Rocks post they are over the moon with the result. Being a neutral observer I could argue that they should have never got themselves into that position, but having said that they never say die attitude and there commitment to one another is exceptional. Not at any stage did they panic they never looked or played like a loosing side. They attacked in numbers used the ball well and reaped the rewards. The last goal was a pearler from winters but again it was the old champs in Clarke and Webb that started the onslaught. Whilst we sometimes only applaud the forwards their defence was outstanding lead by the pocket dynamo Stevens. Whilst Clarke and co kicked them,Stevens and Taylor repelled them , never conceding a backward step. Whilst it must have been heart breaking loss for Parkside it was the type of win for colts which will be long remembered and will only hold them in good steed for the remainder of the year.

What was with that umpire. His decisions were disgraceful.
What about when a port colts player ran into the umpire and he payed a free kick against for running into him and gave a 50m penalty for it. Absolute crap. The colts couldnt get a decision from him all day. The other umpire (borg) umpired well but the other bloke should be umpiring division 2 reserves. He needs to have a spell i think

Shimozzle said:
What was with that umpire. His decisions were disgraceful.
What about when a port colts player ran into the umpire and he payed a free kick against for running into him and gave a 50m penalty for it. Absolute crap. The colts couldnt get a decision from him all day. The other umpire (borg) umpired well but the other bloke should be umpiring division 2 reserves. He needs to have a spell i think

Great summary big fella u summed up the umpiring to perfection. I seen the last half it was a good win. Watched the first half spotty vs sunshine kangas r going ok.

Ur right the umpire does need a spell maybe under 10s.

Iknowfooty said:
Great summary big fella u summed up the umpiring to perfection. I seen the last half it was a good win. Watched the first half spotty vs sunshine kangas r going ok.

Ur right the umpire does need a spell maybe under 10s.

It wouldn't by any chance be the bloke that has come across from the EDFL. Slight fella with sandy coloured hair?? If so, then I definitely understand where you blokes are coming from.

YC_Chick said:
So Aaron James went to Sunbury... and they paid $9000 for him.

That's the single biggest waste of money since my last trip to sexyland !!An absurd amount for very little return. For $9000 they could have:

Paid for the therapy of every Albian player who was ever forced to see him naked in the change rooms...

Lined the ground with bills to entice him out of the goal square occassionally...

Paid off my mastercard...

I think I'll quit my job and become a footballer with a giant ego... it seems to pay better

Check your facts first....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome come from behind win by the Colts on Saturday,
I have been a Colts supporter for 30 years and this was the best win I have seen.
It doesnt get any better than to beat Parkside by under a goal, but to do it twice in a season is unbelievable.
Special mentions to
Jason Clarke is in top form and looks certain to kick the ton,

Ryan Winter is and absolute freak....enough said

Fabian Webb Let the team down getting sent off, made up for it with 2 great goals in the last quarter. This team is only ever balanced with Webby patrolling the backline.

Elton Stevens is the gutsiest player I have seen in a Colts jumper.

Les Taylor is just behind Elton in the Gutsy stakes, will take the Mark of the century one day, if he decides to grab the ball instead of punching it.

Blake Twomey is an on ball machine.

Paul DeBruin Solid defender had the better of Davis most of the day.

Dont be offended if I left you out, it was a great team effort.

Has there ever been a group of recruits fit into a team better than this bunch.

Juiler the stand out ruckman in the comp, just runs all day, creating clearance after clearance.

McAnualty gun midfielder, excellent ball skills rarely misses a target
(McAnualty, Clarke and Juiler would be neck, neck and neck in the club B&F)

Cooper has struggled with fitness but shown dashes of brilliance, will be better in the second half of the season once fully fit.

Mullin big solid unit hard to match up on, will be better in run home to the finals

Caddy big raps on this bloke, lived up to all the hype, an ablsolute gun, slotted into the side like a seasoned campaigner, covered heaps of ground, took some strong grabs and racked up a lazy 24 possies on a half forward flank, not a bad debut with a new club.

With many players to come back from injury and holidays, the selection committee will no doubt have a tough job fitting all this telant into the one team.
A great problem to have while sitting a game clear on top of the ladder

Go the Nutznbolts

Skut17 said:
It wouldn't by any chance be the bloke that has come across from the EDFL. Slight fella with sandy coloured hair?? If so, then I definitely understand where you blokes are coming from.
Thats the rat he was swearing at players and sticking his finger up at supporters nice dill, calling somw soft decsions he is from the EDFL why is with us in a match of the round game, umpires that are umpiring good should be given them games l thought, Borg was good l rate him as the best umpire in the league you can communicate with him and he listen not like Harper and Dima they are arthourite nazis along with Richie.
In the 3rd quarter there with webb off it was like like 17 men Vs 19 Parkside players when you add the ump. Now people that werent there might think people are going over board, but remember we won so theres no crying over spilt milk sh it, it just was a joke with the other umpire swapping ends with him so there wasnt an all in brawl.
Hopefully he doesnt go to the juniors cause some kids would probalby throw the game in after playing with him, maybe Amos D4 in the resies

speculator said:
Cant give away my identity fan man cause when I was a junior at hoppers I got caught pinching stuff out of the seniors guys bags during a game.I was forced into early retirement and had to leave for a couple of years. But I have been back now for a few years and have a clean slate to date

My favorite players are phippsy and cars and I have a photo of Raza in my wallet Dont think much of clix though seems to want to cover up the truth a bit.

speculator, come and discuss this with me then you tea leaf.

bloods 05 4 clearences granted at the end of year all to centrals. 2 injured for the last 2 years the other 2 weekly seconds players, and like old beaza still spend more time at the club than at galvin park....please come back with something that will stick

Obe, while there is a bit of talk about the umpiring, do all umpires that officiate in Division one have to bounce the ball? That you know of, is this a directive from the WRFL, or the umpiring fraternity??

full credit to an umpire in our game on the weekend, he was not bouncing well so for the last half of the last quarter he decided to throw it up.

NUTZNBOLTS said:
Awesome come from behind win by the Colts on Saturday,
I have been a Colts supporter for 30 years and this was the best win I have seen.
It doesnt get any better than to beat Parkside by under a goal, but to do it twice in a season is unbelievable.
Special mentions to
Jason Clarke is in top form and looks certain to kick the ton,

Ryan Winter is and absolute freak....enough said

Fabian Webb Let the team down getting sent off, made up for it with 2 great goals in the last quarter. This team is only ever balanced with Webby patrolling the backline.

Elton Stevens is the gutsiest player I have seen in a Colts jumper.

Les Taylor is just behind Elton in the Gutsy stakes, will take the Mark of the century one day, if he decides to grab the ball instead of punching it.

Blake Twomey is an on ball machine.

Paul DeBruin Solid defender had the better of Davis most of the day.

Dont be offended if I left you out, it was a great team effort.

Has there ever been a group of recruits fit into a team better than this bunch.

Juiler the stand out ruckman in the comp, just runs all day, creating clearance after clearance.

McAnualty gun midfielder, excellent ball skills rarely misses a target
(McAnualty, Clarke and Juiler would be neck, neck and neck in the club B&F)

Cooper has struggled with fitness but shown dashes of brilliance, will be better in the second half of the season once fully fit.

Mullin big solid unit hard to match up on, will be better in run home to the finals

Caddy big raps on this bloke, lived up to all the hype, an ablsolute gun, slotted into the side like a seasoned campaigner, covered heaps of ground, took some strong grabs and racked up a lazy 24 possies on a half forward flank, not a bad debut with a new club.

With many players to come back from injury and holidays, the selection committee will no doubt have a tough job fitting all this telant into the one team.
A great problem to have while sitting a game clear on top of the ladder

Go the Nutznbolts
GOLD
Great summary, didnt think of it like that(two wins under a goal in a season), just another great chapter in the Colts V Parkside book.

Alot of people left at three quarter time they gave up hope and the weather didnt help

WRFLfan said:
GOLD
Great summary, didnt think of it like that(two wins under a goal in a season), just another great chapter in the Colts V Parkside book.

Alot of people left at three quarter time they gave up hope and the weather didnt help

With the talent, guts and determination the colts have in their line up, you can never give up hope.

The one thing you always get at the Colts is value for money

NUTZNBOLTS said:
With the talent, guts and determination the colts have in their line up, you can never give up hope.

The one thing you always get at the Colts is value for money
And lots and lots of love

i would like to congradulate the colts on 1 of the most inspiring wins i have ever witnessed to be honest like many others i wrote the colts off at 3 quarter time but the determination and will to never give in was just amazing that would have to lift the team spirit and self belief to an even higher level and 1 player in particular stood out for me and showed his teammates the way with his fearless attack on the footy he was graet in the way he tackled chased smoothered spoiled and blocked all day and for me he was clearly the colts best player in elton stevens

You picked a good game to come to didnt you, Cooper hurt again cant take a trick the poor bloke played well but alot of courage the boy has, Caddy well what a pick up hey??
You blokes pulled of a win nice cant get releagatred the club has too much history, l woul hate to see that

Travvy43 said:
Obe, while there is a bit of talk about the umpiring, do all umpires that officiate in Division one have to bounce the ball? That you know of, is this a directive from the WRFL, or the umpiring fraternity??

full credit to an umpire in our game on the weekend, he was not bouncing well so for the last half of the last quarter he decided to throw it up.

It is a requirement of all umpires to bounce the ball. It is a recommendation from the umpiring hierarchy that bouncing of the ball in stoppages should be the prefered option. If you cannot bounce the ball your opportunities will be limited. We encourage all umpires to practice this skill. However your umpire should be commended for using common sense when all else failed. Unfortunately common sense is not high on an umpires resume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back