Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

I thought there was but after what happened on the week end i think it's alot closer than people may think.I know corowa had a few out but we had alot of very good players out and i thought we were very good early but droped off due to heat and match fitness, i would love to play the game with a full list and after a few hitouts under our belt.....also our reserves kept their's goal less for three quarters and won very easily with a few 16 year olds running around.....but was a great hit out and something we have booked in for next year already

Pretty confident that Hoppers would be finals material in the GV so therefor around the same mark in the O&M, that being the case Colts,Spotty and Sunshine would be the same in both of those leagues. The real difference is depth, for instance a Kyabram,Wodonga Raiders,Tatura who are the bottom tier sides in both the O&M and GV would probably push finals in the WRFL and pull the pants down of the bottom 4 in our comp.

The top sides at most major leagues are as good as eachother or close to, the real test of a competition is the depth and that is where the WRFL falls away terribly. Up to the league to close that gap.

Wow.
If spotswood football club were on wall street their shares would have plummeted causing all sorts of chaos. You can't replace players of that quality with their voice and leadership.
Crackers will be soley the man they will look to now i hope he has been working out at the gym on his back and shoulders.

can confirm that my mate ray jenson will not be retiring, he is fit, in great shape, excited about the season ahead and looking forward to having a crack at captianing back to back flags for the mighty woodsmen.

Not to sure why ppl make up such rumors on this site, but i guess it makes for reading and creates some convos. guess all the prussure is off me now, phew.

LET ME TELL U SOMETHING U MUST NOT NO PATTY THAT WELL BECAUSE THE REASON HE LEFT LAST YEAR WAS BECAUSE HE DIDNT WANT 2 BE IN A LOSING SIDE ALL YEAR THE ONLY REASON HE HAS GONE BACK IS 2 MAKE HIM SELF LOOK GOOD NOTHING TO DO WITH HELPING THE CLUB OUT

your an absolute goose buddy.. you have to understand that paddy went back to his home for one year.. something that he said hes wanted to do for years.. get a year in with his childhood mates before it gets too late. but hey i guess you know paddy better than everyone else.. idiot.

I thought there was but after what happened on the week end i think it's alot closer than people may think.I know corowa had a few out but we had alot of very good players out and i thought we were very good early but droped off due to heat and match fitness, i would love to play the game with a full list and after a few hitouts under our belt.....also our reserves kept their's goal less for three quarters and won very easily with a few 16 year olds running around.....but was a great hit out and something we have booked in for next year already

Corowa reserves have never been a good side. They finish bottom 3 every year.... it's hard to maintain depth in a country town. Their seniors however are a very professional unit. I think at full strength it would be a great game with the roos by a few goals.

Hard but fair footy would you say Rock?

Corowa reserves have never been a good side. They finish bottom 3 every year.... it's hard to maintain depth in a country town. Their seniors however are a very professional unit. I think at full strength it would be a great game with the roos by a few goals.

Hard but fair footy would you say Rock?

Was a fairly open game,thought corowa ran the ball very well, the bigger ground was the difference also.
Think we can agree to dissagree with the result.....cheers wiggum

Any confirmation a club struggling for numbers is also struggling for coin with league fees due next week?
Couldnt be anything worse for the league with a Div 1 club being un financial mid year and leaving the rest of you blokes in the shit hole carrying the can again.

Was a fairly open game,thought corowa ran the ball very well, the bigger ground was the difference also.
Think we can agree to dissagree with the result.....cheers wiggum

Gee Corowa nightclub's or club wouldn't have been the same after you guys were their on the weekend Rock

King will be really good for you guys,the young fellow can play!!!
As for grainger and carrol personally don't think they will be the forwards to take you to a premiership and not sure the two bloke from wyndamvale will help that cause either,conor and foley should play forward and do well,and with the mcgoldrick also the forward line will be better than last year how ever still think it's your weakest area but just my thoughts but your overall depth looks very good.
Good luck travvy hope you guys go well.....

Travey is spruiking Sunshine's chances...there is some major problems in you ruck division mate which is going to create massive headaches for you guys. Benny Heddich is not up to it. The other sides have much better Rucks like Julier who take up space and provide paths for on ballers to run onto. Your on ballers will be spewing that AJ is not playing. If I were Sunshine I would make an offer to a person who is 6ft 4 who has half a footy brain and get him in as quickly as possible because this position will cost you guys 6 goals a game. Unless the info I'm getting is wrong then good luck to the Kangas

can confirm that my mate ray jenson will not be retiring, he is fit, in great shape, excited about the season ahead and looking forward to having a crack at captianing back to back flags for the mighty woodsmen.

Not to sure why ppl make up such rumors on this site, but i guess it makes for reading and creates some convos. guess all the prussure is off me now, phew.

i think he made up the rumour himself so you would run to the phone and dip into your deep pockets and throw some more coin his way. lol
steroids aren't cheap anymore!

Travey is spruiking Sunshine's chances...there is some major problems in you ruck division mate which is going to create massive headaches for you guys. Benny Heddich is not up to it. The other sides have much better Rucks like Julier who take up space and provide paths for on ballers to run onto. Your on ballers will be spewing that AJ is not playing. If I were Sunshine I would make an offer to a person who is 6ft 4 who has half a footy brain and get him in as quickly as possible because this position will cost you guys 6 goals a game. Unless the info I'm getting is wrong then good luck to the Kangas

We have one very good ruckman in Miller. There are options for a back up in heddich, bright and lupson.

A massive imposing ruckman though would be handy for the backup.

When you say our onballers would be spewing that AJ is not playing, is AJ, adro???

If so, well from my point of view, i am an onballer and i prefered to rover to miller, rather than Adro. Not sure what others thought, but that is my opinion.

danny's hip injury has forced him retire from afl footy but doctors have told him if he plays at a lower grade he will be fine so he will be playing at port colts this season, massive recruit for both the colts and wrfl

this is a massive recruit for port colts and is excellent news for the WRFL
will dominate this comp. will only need to be at 70% plus capacity to be the best player in the comp. unfortunate end to a good AFL career, was a solid contrubitor for the past 7 seasons at AFL level

We have one very good ruckman in Miller. There are options for a back up in heddich, bright and lupson.

A massive imposing ruckman though would be handy for the backup.

When you say our onballers would be spewing that AJ is not playing, is AJ, adro???

If so, well from my point of view, i am an onballer and i prefered to rover to miller, rather than Adro. Not sure what others thought, but that is my opinion.

Was told you guy's played on Sunday against Bell Post Hill from Geelong. How did you go? Tough conditions one would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is a massive recruit for port colts and is excellent news for the WRFL
will dominate this comp. will only need to be at 70% plus capacity to be the best player in the comp. unfortunate end to a good AFL career, was a solid contrubitor for the past 7 seasons at AFL level

i find it hard to believe that someone who has been part of a team could just walk away cause their body isn't right especially when the club are starting to rise to the top. without knowing Danny Jacobs i would still like to believe he would play some role at the hawthorn football club.
if so what role? and could this interfere with the colts, if he is really to play there?

i find it hard to believe that someone who has been part of a team could just walk away cause their body isn't right especially when the club are starting to rise to the top. without knowing Danny Jacobs i would still like to believe he would play some role at the hawthorn football club.
if so what role? and could this interfere with the colts, if he is really to play there?

danny has no role at hawthorn in 2008

the demands of afl footy are a lot different to wrfl, like someone has already pointed out he won't have to be at 100% to dominate this comp

after 10 years of watching what you eat and training 5 to 6 times a week danny is looking forward to having a kick with some mates and some family and just having some fun

if you have doubts about him playing you wont have to wait too long to find out because it's not long til rnd 1

I agree with you Travvy, Millar is still a quality ruckman, I know I wouldn't mind to have him in my team. I actually think that he is a better tap ruckman and certainly more mobile around the ground with better skills, he may not have the big body of Andro but can still take a great pack mark. The only question about Millar in the ruck is, can his body sustain the constant impact as he has been known to get injuries and I am sure that you would have some players to replace Millar at CHF, Foley would be handy and with Morgs in the square just give him space and with his massive kick could bypass CHF.

Hey has Gatty been training?

Anyone got practice matches this week?

Yeh we had a game on Sunday against Bell Post Hill. Think we got up in the end by 6-8 goals. No real standouts from the game, think it was probably too hot to dominate a whole game... Connor was prob BOG, kicked 4 or 5 and played most of the game on the ball. Morgs played well up forward and through the middle of the ground, along with Lubke who showed a bit across half forward. Tom Hill was good across half back playing on a bigger guy along with Bright. From the weekend we still have Magnusson, McGoldrick, Foley, Mentha, Goring, Acreman, Woods, Harper, Gatt to come back in.

Yeh we had a game on Sunday against Bell Post Hill. Think we got up in the end by 6-8 goals. No real standouts from the game, think it was probably too hot to dominate a whole game... Connor was prob BOG, kicked 4 or 5 and played most of the game on the ball. Morgs played well up forward and through the middle of the ground, along with Lubke who showed a bit across half forward. Tom Hill was good across half back playing on a bigger guy along with Bright. From the weekend we still have Magnusson, McGoldrick, Foley, Mentha, Goring, Acreman, Woods, Harper, Gatt to come back in.

I would also add Oliver to that list cabby.

And l take it there are no defiencies in the starting 18 at Yarraville for season 2008??????:p:p:p

apparantly Red, not sure how true it is, but a couple of guys at Yarraville training have height and size, so that might not be their deficiency..... not alot known about them..... and isn't your reply more directed to Port?

I agree with you Travvy, Millar is still a quality ruckman, I know I wouldn't mind to have him in my team. I actually think that he is a better tap ruckman and certainly more mobile around the ground with better skills, he may not have the big body of Andro but can still take a great pack mark. The only question about Millar in the ruck is, can his body sustain the constant impact as he has been known to get injuries and I am sure that you would have some players to replace Millar at CHF, Foley would be handy and with Morgs in the square just give him space and with his massive kick could bypass CHF.

Hey has Gatty been training?

Anyone got practice matches this week?

I've been told Albion are playing Doutta Stars in a practice match this Wednesday night at approx. 6pm. Anyone confirm? Wouldn't mind checking it out.

A hard task to pick a best 21 at this stage but could do a similar set up to cabs

BACKS,TAYLOR,BRACKEN.M,MILLEN,DEBRUYN,STEVENS,RUTLEY,MULLETT, BONNETT,MURPHY, FRANKLIN,KARAMINOSKI,L.COX, BRADY
MIDFIELD, JULIER, TWOMEY.MASIS,CHISNAL,CRITCH,D.JACOBS.B.JACOBS, PARTRIDGE,COOPER,HUGGINS,L.BRACKEN,BURNS
FORWARDS,WITTMAR,BRANNAN,HOATH,CLARKE,MCGREGOR,PERKINS, MACANULTY, WINTERS,T.COX.

Hopefully have left no one out if i have, sorry, our aim is to have all these players on contract for 2008.We believe all are capable to play quality senior footy but it's always hard to fit 33 into 21 so good players will miss out.
This is easily the most depth we have has at the club since 98' and we also made gf in both the seniors and ressie's last year,so good signs but of course footy has no guarantees.

Any confirmation a club struggling for numbers is also struggling for coin with league fees due next week?
Couldnt be anything worse for the league with a Div 1 club being un financial mid year and leaving the rest of you blokes in the shit hole carrying the can again.
Not Yarra, we make a killing from the cordial!!:thumbsu:

A hard task to pick a best 21 at this stage but could do a similar set up to cabs

BACKS,TAYLOR,BRACKEN.M,MILLEN,DEBRUYN,STEVENS,RUTLEY,MULLETT, BONNETT,MURPHY, FRANKLIN,KARAMINOSKI,L.COX, BRADY
MIDFIELD,TWOMEY.MASIS,CHISNAL,CRITCH,D.JACOBS.B.JACOBS, PARTRIDGE,CRITCH,HUGGINS,L.BRACKEN,BURNS
FORWARDS,WITTMAR,BRANNAN,HOATH,CLARKE,MCGREGOR,PERKINS, MACANULTY, WINTERS,T.COX.

Hopefully have left no one out if i have, sorry, our aim is to have all these players on contract for 2008.We believe all are capable to play quality senior footy but it's always hard to fit 33 into 21 so good players will miss out.
This is easily the most depth we have has at the club since 98' and we also made gf in both the seniors and ressie's last year,so good signs but of course footy has no guarantees.
Its going to be tough for you picking a side every thursday night Rock!

Noticed K.Cooper was not in your best 32 and Critch is in it twice, he must be flying on the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back