Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

Good win by Colts, didn't look like it in the first half. Hoppers just stopped, had no run, whilst the Colts boys got good numbers to every contest. Had several opportunities to hit the front, but a spilt chest mark and goal from the boundary got them in front.

Number 9 from Hoppers Crossing was BOG, easily. Dominated all day.

sloth6 said:
Good win by Colts, didn't look like it in the first half. Hoppers just stopped, had no run, whilst the Colts boys got good numbers to every contest. Had several opportunities to hit the front, but a spilt chest mark and goal from the boundary got them in front.

Number 9 from Hoppers Crossing was BOG, easily. Dominated all day.
Great win by the colts, probably one of the best local grand finals ever. I thought both nomber 20 and 37 from Hoppers played better than number 9. Ryan Winters got the colts back in the game in the third quarter and then the winning goal by McAnulty was a great goal from deep in the pocket. Very exciting game!

What a Grand Final ,one of the better ones that i have been to.
I dont follow the comp much so i too have to say numbers and not names but i thought 8 was very good,not to mention the winner he kicked - Frost must feel pretty ordinary at the moment fumbling that kick out.
Number 30 for port had a few chances midway through the last - he missed a sitter running into an open goal,then dropped an easy mark 40m out - but he had the last laugh i suppose.
Clarke's push in the back in the goal square was doubtful as well in that last quarter.

Did anyone happen to see number 4 for Port Colts after his team hit the front - he must have been running back after celebrating the winning goal and running down the wing back to his position on half back - he did a hamy and had to limp off!!!!! i swear thats what it looked like to me!

off the cuff said:
What a Grand Final ,one of the better ones that i have been to.
I dont follow the comp much so i too have to say numbers and not names but i thought 8 was very good,not to mention the winner he kicked - Frost must feel pretty ordinary at the moment fumbling that kick out.
Number 30 for port had a few chances midway through the last - he missed a sitter running into an open goal,then dropped an easy mark 40m out - but he had the last laugh i suppose.
Clarke's push in the back in the goal square was doubtful as well in that last quarter.

Did anyone happen to see number 4 for Port Colts after his team hit the front - he must have been running back after celebrating the winning goal and running down the wing back to his position on half back - he did a hamy and had to limp off!!!!! i swear thats what it looked like to me!

u f ing beauty what a win this is something to savour the colts have done it back to back the greatest grand final win of all time go colts and to hoppers good game but bad luck the colts were to good after quarter time our heart and character was to good on the day.YOU BEAUTY THE NUTZANDBOLTS WERE TO GOOD GO COLTS

ROCK07 said:
u f ing beauty what a win this is something to savour the colts have done it back to back the greatest grand final win of all time go colts and to hoppers good game but bad luck the colts were to good after quarter time our heart and character was to good on the day.YOU BEAUTY THE NUTZANDBOLTS WERE TO GOOD GO COLTS

CONGRATULATION TO THE PORT COLTS ON WINNING BACK TO BACK PREMIERSHIPS.

I have watched the Colts win many a Grand Final over the past 25 years or so and this one is the GREATEST OF THEM ALL.
For this team to still have the belief that they could still win despite trailing by 8 goals midway through the 2nd qtr is unbelievable.
Their 3rd qtr (premiership qtr) was on of the best quarter of football you could hope to see, to reduce the margin from nearly 5 goals and to be within a kick at 3qtr time while kicking into the breeze set the scene and gave them every chance of winning the game.
To Hoppers credit, the regrouped and appeared to be on their way to winning the flag when they stretched the lead to 10 points with on 4 minutes to go.
The BELIEF, PASSION, DETERMINATION, GUTS, DESPERATION & HEART shown by the this Great team in the last quarter and particularly the last 4 minutes when they kicked 2 goals to win the game is what separates the GREAT teams from the good teams.

I haven’t singled any players out as being better than others as it was a great team effort that got the job done.

To John Ellis, Jason Clarke, All the Support staff, all the players that contributed throughout the season and to the 21 players that got the job done today Congratulations on your achievements and thank you for providing myself and all the loyal Colts supporters with so much Entertainment throughout the season and giving us all a Grand Final to be remembered for all bloody long time.

GO THE NUTZNBOLTS

To Hoppers Crossing congratulations on your season,
REMEMBER IT ONLY HURTS UNTIL THE PAIN GOES AWAY

NUTZNBOLTS said:
CONGRATULATION TO THE PORT COLTS ON WINNING BACK TO BACK PREMIERSHIPS.

I have watched the Colts win many a Grand Final over the past 25 years or so and this one is the GREATEST OF THEM ALL.
For this team to still have the belief that they could still win despite trailing by 8 goals midway through the 2nd qtr is unbelievable.
Their 3rd qtr (premiership qtr) was on of the best quarter of football you could hope to see, to reduce the margin from nearly 5 goals and to be within a kick at 3qtr time while kicking into the breeze set the scene and gave them every chance of winning the game.
To Hoppers credit, the regrouped and appeared to be on their way to winning the flag when they stretched the lead to 10 points with on 4 minutes to go.
The BELIEF, PASSION, DETERMINATION, GUTS, DESPERATION & HEART shown by the this Great team in the last quarter and particularly the last 4 minutes when they kicked 2 goals to win the game is what separates the GREAT teams from the good teams.

I haven’t singled any players out as being better than others as it was a great team effort that got the job done.

To John Ellis, Jason Clarke, All the Support staff, all the players that contributed throughout the season and to the 21 players that got the job done today Congratulations on your achievements and thank you for providing myself and all the loyal Colts supporters with so much Entertainment throughout the season and giving us all a Grand Final to be remembered for all bloody long time.

GO THE NUTZNBOLTS

To Hoppers Crossing congratulations on your season,
REMEMBER IT ONLY HURTS UNTIL THE PAIN GOES AWAY

Great summary nutz I would just like to add a bloke named squizzy taylor (no. 37) I thought was b.o.g even when colts were struggling he held the defence together with his courage and determination and probably made two errors all day. To win without the big guns firing (Clarke, Caddy and Julier who have been magnificent all year) was all the more satisfying. Special mention to Kieren Murphy(Hoppers) who for some reason was benched late in the game when the game was there to be won. Probably the best win I have been involved in in 40 years. IN SUMMATION, IT JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW HEART AND PASSION LEAVES THE DOLLAR FOR DEAD EVERY TIME.
GO COLTS:thumbsu: :)

georgemichael said:
Great summary nutz I would just like to add a bloke named squizzy taylor (no. 37) I thought was b.o.g even when colts were struggling he held the defence together with his courage and determination and probably made two errors all day. To win without the big guns firing (Clarke, Caddy and Julier who have been magnificent all year) was all the more satisfying. Special mention to Kieren Murphy(Hoppers) who for some reason was benched late in the game when the game was there to be won. Probably the best win I have been involved in in 40 years. IN SUMMATION, IT JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW HEART AND PASSION LEAVES THE DOLLAR FOR DEAD EVERY TIME.
GO COLTS:thumbsu: :)

The only hopper today is your mommas back stooges!!!!! HA HA HA

Kozzis Dizzy said:
Colts by 15 points
Steve McAnulty to win medal.
Okay, pretty happy with my prediction, out by 13 points - anyone guess any better? What do I win?
Now, to the game, what a great Grand Final...possibly the best game I have seen (from a colts perspective) - never say die attitude, 48 points down - that typify's Port Melbourne, a great suburb, great people (the old true blue port people)...don't know what other team would have got up today? Well done to South Districts who also won their GF today...Port & South...champions.

cold pies said:
good to see the sunshine boys back on big footy, well done on a good year fellas you won a final and finished 3rd which is not a bad result considering it was your first year in the finals

how long did you guys party for, who took the honors of best performed drinker of the journey and who are you tipping for the grand final

geez santa is stiff not to rate a mention!! Finished up this arvo! Just goes to show that unless you mutilate your body no one rates you. I remember the days when it used to be all about drinking ability!

Macauley would be a short price fave to win the footy trip "Sharpy" award, with only possible dangers being Wellsy and Santa... all 3 previous winners. Adelaide 2006......someone had to do it.

Cracking game on the weekend and the Colts just showed tons of character. 10-15 mins into the second quarter, we were looking around saying that hoppers were going to win it by around 15 goals. We were questioning the inclusions of brannan and massis, etc but after half time the tables turned after half time, it was all colts.

Hoppers half forward line was non existent, either that or the colts back line was totally dominant. Winters got his hands on it and #8 was everywhere. Great move by the coaching hierarchy to put Twoomy on the half forward line at the start of the third, he provided a great option leading up the ground.

Going into the game, i reckon hoppers would have been thinking if we can hold Caddy and clarke we will have this in the bag. I think the CC's were well held, but i dont think hoppers considered the likes of winters, twoomey, etc bobbing up with a few multiples.

Listened to the interview on the radio after the game with the young fella, #22 i think his number is, quite amusing!!

All in all, a great game, and i am sure one that will be celebrated long and hard.

MACDAICOS said:
How did Saul Caddy go boys did he get a kick?

One I think!

Didn't get near it apart from one great pack mark which he took from 4 deep. Got sent off, along with his opponent. Not sure why? That germ of an emergency umpire just wanted to get involved.

Taylor did a sensational job

Must say, thought the umpires did a great job throughout the entire match.

Any truth that Caddy will be at Maribyrnong Park next season?

wizza14 said:

Heard he is going back to the DVFL, who knows though it is silly season. Few whispers about Echuca in the GVFL too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Travvy43 said:
Heard he is going back to the DVFL, who knows though it is silly season. Few whispers about Echuca in the GVFL too.
Not from the talk at the colts Saturday night - said he loves the place and will be there next year...who would want to leave after that effort on Saturday.

wizza14 said:
One I think!

Didn't get near it apart from one great pack mark which he took from 4 deep. Got sent off, along with his opponent. Not sure why? That germ of an emergency umpire just wanted to get involved.

Taylor did a sensational job

Must say, thought the umpires did a great job throughout the entire match.

I'm from North Heidelberg mate.....So gee that's unlike Saul to get sent off when things arn't going his way in a big game....:rolleyes: .....Who knows who he'll play for next year not North that's sure......

MACDAICOS said:
I'm from North Heidelberg mate.....So gee that's unlike Saul to get sent off when things arn't going his way in a big game....:rolleyes: .....Who knows who he'll play for next year not North that's sure......

If Saul walked back in the door at North they would welcome him straight back with open arms. A certain commitee member has called him more than once trying to get him back for next season. He'd never go back there he will almost certainly be playing for heidelberg next season regardless what comp they are in.

I know one thing i'll be there to watch him when he plays against the doggies it'll be an interesting day thats for sure! :cool:

Just a quick question. In what big games at North did Saul get sent off in? From memory i can't remember any.

I dont know the background behind Caddys decision to leave, but surely any club would have him. You would be crazy to not want to have a leading forward, whos agressive, can take a mark and play on the ball in your side. Him, Jullier or McAnulty would have to be recruits of the year, so thats some quality recruiting by Colts and ultimately delivered them a second premiership. Wouldnt expect any Colts blokes to be on here in the next few days, seen a few Saturday night and they were just getting started.
In other news according to the EDFL thread the kangas are looking to leave the WRFL to go to the essendon league, apparently due to our differences with Parkside, absolute lies! bit of humour i think.

Travvy and 13, who looks like leaving your club for next season, heard that Douglas might be having a crack at the VFL, Stenhouse, Millar and Baird to call it quits, Grainger back to Keilor, Younger linton to try his hand at the VFL again. Also heard the rumour about going to the EDFL, would be taken into 2nd division, so would assume that you may lose a few, your thoughts

Yeah prob a bit too early at the moment to know for certain. Got a meeting Wednesday night, just a chat amongst the group but ive also heard a few things regarding those guys. Good mates with Rusty and he doesnt seem too keen on the idea of VFL, but he should have a crack i reckon. Stenna isnt commiting to anything this year in regards to footy, but he said if he decides to play on it will be with us. Bairdy has copped a few injuries lately and he had a decent year at best, so he could be one to hang up the boots but highly unlikely. Millar will play on, although hes injury prone he loves it down the club and has just bought a house around the corner. Grainger would be a chance to head back to Keilor, but would maybe struggle to play in there 1's, not sure about that. Im pretty sure ill just be at Sunshine next year, spoke to Tocka today and said i might give VFL a miss next year. In regards to the VFL rumour, that couldnt be further from the truth. The WRFL is our home, and we are looking to cement our place in the top few sides in the league. Cheers!

Great win by the colts on saturday would have to be one of the best grand final come backs of all time! Its great to see a club full of good mates who play for the jumper and each other beat a club full of over paid blokes who half will prob play for a different club next year anyway.

Frosty you froze in the last minute of the game and cost hoppers the grand final! Koutza how many times can 1 bloke turn it up in a game, weak as ****! and sunline you sucked the rock in in the qual final maybe you should have saved that tactic for the grand final but you werent smart enough to think of that!

money cnat buy spirit and thats wat got the colts over the line in the end apart from abit of mcanulty brillance.

What a sensational side the Port Melbourne Colts are after that great performance on Saturday. No side should lose after leading by 8 goals but then again we are talking about Hoppers Crossing.Bad results on the selection table for HX, Doyle should never have played to old to slow. No room 4 passengers in big games. Great coaching by Frosty to start P.Carson on the half forward flank and #37 on the bench. And to cap it off frosty dropped a easy mark to allow McAunulty to swoop and kick the winning goal. Koutza had a great game only had 7 goals kicked on him. Venner found other sources to rob other than footy clubs.

When u look at it H.X and Colts are very simular both have players queing up to play for them.The difference being H.X-to see how much money they can get and the Port Melbourne Colt- to be involved with the GREATEST CLUB in history. With all the money they have got they couldnt even scrap some together to back themselves when the offer was put to them. Four letter word describes this WEAK.

Iknowfooty said:
What a sensational side the Port Melbourne Colts are after that great performance on Saturday. No side should lose after leading by 8 goals but then again we are talking about Hoppers Crossing.Bad results on the selection table for HX, Doyle should never have played to old to slow. No room 4 passengers in big games. Great coaching by Frosty to start P.Carson on the half forward flank and #37 on the bench. And to cap it off frosty dropped a easy mark to allow McAunulty to swoop and kick the winning goal. Koutza had a great game only had 7 goals kicked on him. Venner found other sources to rob other than footy clubs.

When u look at it H.X and Colts are very simular both have players queing up to play for them.The difference being H.X-to see how much money they can get and the Port Melbourne Colt- to be involved with the GREATEST CLUB in history. With all the money they have got they couldnt even scrap some together to back themselves when the offer was put to them. Four letter word describes this WEAK.

Sorry about the spelling had a few frothies over the past couple of days!!!

Well done colts. It will only get better could this be the forward line neax year not in any order. Clarke,Caddy,Brannan,Winters,Sutcliffe,Twomey.
Look out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back