Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

the fang was always a chance to there and good luck to him, he will dominate and i hope they do well for his sake

as for webb i knew you were sh1t stirring on the other thread if rock read he might of had a scare but i think he would have worked it out too

didn't think you seen the cougar claws last night but it was a great concert, looking forward to u2 on sunday now
U2 is going to be massive and l bet the voice goes again. Heard there is a few of us going to Darwin now will be a top trip a small footy trip and hopefully a game in the two's, be funny if they played Rock07 at full back might speak to Chops and get that organized its been a while since the the big fella has been there who knows he might turn out to be another Justin Leppitsch(both are strawberry blondes) starting foward and then turning into a more than handy backman

Altona are reportedly paying the younger Mastro $500 a game. He is a good mate of Matt Coles, they share an intrest or two in a couple of grey hounds. They are also targeting the generation of "jet players" of the above...

Well they haven't offered anything to tha best player of THAT generation!
The indignity I'm shocked and appalled...:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Thats not true, Skuts career is back on track. Hes flying around the streets of Sunshine, and looks a million bucks. What we may need to worry about is your cricket career? seems to have stalled...

I see allan williams is coaching albanvale this year. is he taking any sunshine players with him?

I see allan williams is coaching albanvale this year. is he taking any sunshine players with him?
No chance! i don't even reckon he would ask any of the boys because he has too much respect for tocka and deep down would know that goin to division 2 wouldn't improve anybody's football.

Interested to hear from any Saints supporters in regards to the season kick off on Monday.

Have heard alls not well at Kings Park?

Arena and Dawson off to the DVFL, the big fella Tonna has knocked back the captaincy and is heading down Geelong road to Lara?? D Fitzpatrick still to sign pending a pay increase. Swadiak staying at Douttas.

Keen to hear of any recruits.....Tige are you out there?????

I know Ash Craig has also left St Albans - In relation to Tonna - he doesn't know what he is doing at the moment - Having been back after 12 months in England - Tonna is still unsure as to where he will be playing - he has spoken to a few clubs in the Geelong comps - but worried about the travel. It would be hardfor him to go elsewhere seeing that his family has a very strong connection with St Albans, his dad being Secretary for 20 years - so don't think he would go anywhere within the wrfl. But he is a good player and a good bloke too.

No chance! i don't even reckon he would ask any of the boys because he has too much respect for tocka and deep down would know that goin to division 2 wouldn't improve anybody's football.

Thats one of the more silly things you have said on here mate. Hes got a job to do, and thats to win a flag in Div 2. If that means taking players from sunshine hes going to try and do it. Its not about ethics or respect, its about winning games of footy. That said, there wouldnt be too many who would leave... maybe a couple of fringe players for a bit of coin.

Interested to hear from any Saints supporters in regards to the season kick off on Monday.

Have heard alls not well at Kings Park?

Arena and Dawson off to the DVFL, the big fella Tonna has knocked back the captaincy and is heading down Geelong road to Lara?? D Fitzpatrick still to sign pending a pay increase. Swadiak staying at Douttas.

Keen to hear of any recruits.....Tige are you out there?????

Tonna is a little weary of playing in the wrfl after his last game here when he got king hit behind play and the lack of real action by tribunal.

D. Fitzpatrick has trained both days this week and organised races day last weekend so unsure on that one

Both Dawson and Arena are contracted players so it is really up to the club were they play. both however along with a few others need to review there reasons for playing at the club.

club has not spoken to swadiak.

Billy is really happy at the moment with the start to new season and the direction of the club.

As for recruits the club has spoken to many and of course has finances to cover these but will only get the right fits.

as has always been the case the club will give plenty of opportunitys to the young blokes coming through the juniors.

hope all this helps.

Just want to keep the bf world on how things are going off season at our club [port colts],and how we are looking at history in our club this year and are aiming for three,yes THREE premierships in a row.
Well at this stage it looks as though we will keep all of last years senior squad although mcbroom mite be still over seas.Recruiting has gone very well to the extent we have had to say to a few handy players thanx but know thanx as our budget and our loyalty to the players we already have.
So far we have signed
ROBBIE WITTMAR 6ft '4 chf and heard was a dominate player in edfl few yrs ago didn't play last year.Looks very promising, big boy
WES KESTEL 6ft 2' key backmen,played over 100 games for swan districts and played efl last year for mitcham,very good player will dominate the wrfl.
and the following are very close ro signing
GUY CHISSNAL onballer/hback,from corowa in the OVENS and MURRY former best and fairest winner and premiership player up there ,he is very fit and has great skills and also loves the hard stuff,will be a great asset.
DAVE MCGREGOR medium fwd who kicked over 60 last year for resevoir in the dvfl second div,was resevoirs captain has a family linked to our club and also mates with a few of the boys will also fit in well[as long as he h/balls to me]
All very handy and will add real depth to an alredy strong list and we are also hopefull that JOHN LINDSAY will be back if things don't work out for him due to work committments he will be back in the red and blue.
Training will start on the 8th of JAN as it has the last 3 years,make sure the boys are nice and fresh ready for the long season ahead and aim for HISTORY
[/I]

just interested to know if any other clubs start their pre-season training after x-mas and new year or are we the only ones, even all the 2nd division sides train before x-mas, my neighbour plays at sunshine heights and they started last week, personally i prefer a good break and keep myself in reasonable shape and come january i'm jumping out of my skin to back into it, what do others prefer to do

just interested to know if any other clubs start their pre-season training after x-mas and new year or are we the only ones, even all the 2nd division sides train before x-mas, my neighbour plays at sunshine heights and they started last week, personally i prefer a good break and keep myself in reasonable shape and come january i'm jumping out of my skin to back into it, what do others prefer to do

no pre season!!!

if you're not getting the numbers before x-mas it's a complete waste of time. you're better off waiting to late january.

Cougs i think every year is different. Some years you might need a rest but others your body feels good so you start early. I think one or two runs together before xmas just to get the boys together and then hit it hard early in the new year. Most of the fair dingum blokes do a bit by them selves. Where you been cougs ive been down at Micks gym this week he works ya pretty hard unbeleivable set up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cougs i think every year is different. Some years you might need a rest but others your body feels good so you start early. I think one or two runs together before xmas just to get the boys together and then hit it hard early in the new year. Most of the fair dingum blokes do a bit by them selves. Where you been cougs ive been down at Micks gym this week he works ya pretty hard unbeleivable set up.

Hey chops,

Have you decided yet where you will play next year?

Can you given a percentage on staying at the Colts?

Has anyone heard about the issues at Parkside - seems that they had their AGM last week and only 10 people turned up - the 10 that were there think the only option they have is to fold - due to players leaving - committee having threats against them by their own players and now not wanting to be involved. Another AGM has been called for near the end of the month. If they get enough - they will then have to decide where the club is heading... If not the club is destined to fold.

The other interesting thing is that Tunzi and John Sharpe have offered to coach the club and get it back on it's feet. Talk about Parkside thumbing their nose at the WRFL Sharpe already has a 10 year ban hanging over his head and after the finals incident does he think that the league will just re- register him???? Lets see how strong the league will be here.....

Has anyone heard about the issues at Parkside - seems that they had their AGM last week and only 10 people turned up - the 10 that were there think the only option they have is to fold - due to players leaving - committee having threats against them by their own players and now not wanting to be involved. Another AGM has been called for near the end of the month. If they get enough - they will then have to decide where the club is heading... If not the club is destined to fold.

The other interesting thing is that Tunzi and John Sharpe have offered to coach the club and get it back on it's feet. Talk about Parkside thumbing their nose at the WRFL Sharpe already has a 10 year ban hanging over his head and after the finals incident does he think that the league will just re- register him???? Lets see how strong the league will be here.....
10 people at an AGM - that is a disgrace..who turned up? You would hope the players would turn up - everyone needs to put their hand up these days and not just leave it up to the usual few as that's when people burn out...it takes a lot to run a footy club and it's a group effort, it's about time people started realising that and if you are not happy with the way your club is run - get on the friggen board - don't sit back and pot people and say you're not happy about this and that..it will be an absolute tragedy if Parkside fold...it's up to the supporters and current players to get it together.

10 people at an AGM - that is a disgrace..who turned up? You would hope the players would turn up - everyone needs to put their hand up these days and not just leave it up to the usual few as that's when people burn out...it takes a lot to run a footy club and it's a group effort, it's about time people started realising that and if you are not happy with the way your club is run - get on the friggen board - don't sit back and pot people and say you're not happy about this and that..it will be an absolute tragedy if Parkside fold...it's up to the supporters and current players to get it together.

Well said young lady????

Can also add that those who turned up were committee people who all resinged from there previous posistions.

Letters to all past players and supporters have gone out , on the hope things can be turned around.

Who are Hoppers Crossing looking at recruiting? any news...What do they need to get them over the line in 2007

Hey chops,

Have you decided yet where you will play next year?

Can you given a percentage on staying at the Colts?
Im heading up to Darwin next week to play. If Heidelberg go to the Eastern league ill play at heidelberg it is still up in the air the final word will be on wednesday night so ill no 100 % then. If not 100% at Colts its a long drive but a threepeat would be worth it. I just have too much fun with the boys

Tonna is a little weary of playing in the wrfl after his last game here when he got king hit behind play and the lack of real action by tribunal.

D. Fitzpatrick has trained both days this week and organised races day last weekend so unsure on that one

Both Dawson and Arena are contracted players so it is really up to the club were they play. both however along with a few others need to review there reasons for playing at the club.

club has not spoken to swadiak.

Billy is really happy at the moment with the start to new season and the direction of the club.

As for recruits the club has spoken to many and of course has finances to cover these but will only get the right fits.

as has always been the case the club will give plenty of opportunitys to the young blokes coming through the juniors.

hope all this helps.
Lets set the record straight the player that hit Tonna was helping out a much smaller player than Tonna, which Tonna was chasing after, that was unaware of him coming after him with his hand in a fist ready to hit the smaller player and in return the player that hit Tonna was just protecting his smaller teammate and recived 6 weeks for it and dont worry Tonna handed out his own medicene that day. And the damage he suffered was a result of him fighting in a seperate fight that happened just after the orginal incident

Im heading up to Darwin next week to play. If Heidelberg go to the Eastern league ill play at heidelberg it is still up in the air the final word will be on wednesday night so ill no 100 % then. If not 100% at Colts its a long drive but a threepeat would be worth it. I just have too much fun with the boys
Its a further drive to Vermont and Noble park you'll need two tanks of petrol to get there are they giving you the number 4????????????

Would be absolute shame if Parkside left the WRFL has been held up by Hoppers, Port Melb Colts, Spottswood, St Albans and Parkside for a long time and if one leaves it will kill the standard and after the Seddon incident it makes the league look terrible. Alot of sides have rivalries with Parkside that go back years and l know when we play Parkside l look forward to it for weeks before and so do a lot of players and supporters.

the league would be weaker for propping them up though wrflfan.

if the spirit which binds the club together amongst money and king hitting breaks, what else is left?

I agree it looks bad for the league, but it would look worse if they clutched onto survival and getting pounded seddon wise.
Catch 22

Very true, league will be weaker for it. Sucky situation.
They wouldnt finish bottom they have some good players still and character wether you agree with the character, l know the incident in the final with Sunshine but even if they started it, it still takes two to tango, true Go Doggies.

What club you from Collect?

Just a division 2 no body mate. I played at colts in under 18s in 1999, was rubbish, but played with winters, debryuen, and bouchard - we were crap that year, purely cause debruyen and boyd played reserves and twomey and russo played 16s, our full team stretched the eventual premiers in our home and away match despite only winning 5 games or so for the year.

Like to keep in touch because the best players from my junior club in keenan, wells, mullen, hartshorne etc left for a better brand of football, cant blame them really.

That should answer the question for your though ;)
Cheers mate, you named some handy footballers there l forgot about Russo was a hard and handy footballer had bad groins at an early age, where is playing now? How come you left the Colts, and why dont you come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back