Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

Great game yesterday of footy yesterday Rock. Was interesting to see the maggos get beat in overtime, some talent running around there. Was impressed with number 5 and also 41. 41 has played a few games in the ones?? 5 looks a likley type another local?? future looks bright!

Great game yesterday of footy yesterday Rock. Was interesting to see the maggos get beat in overtime, some talent running around there. Was impressed with number 5 and also 41. 41 has played a few games in the ones?? 5 looks a likley type another local?? future looks bright!

No 5 is the son of a former gun Bull Perkins -Jase is an under 18 player who has played a couple of senior games thus far. No 41 is G Millan a member of last years premiership team. Both guys are outside chances of getting a gig in the not too distant future.

Great game of footy on saturday between Spotty and Colts. These games are what wrfl is all about. One incident stood out to me on the day, when big Ray Jensen and Little Blake Twomey collided at full tilt. Blake would be giving away 30kg's and bounced off hitting the ground hard whilst Ray kept his feet. Blake struggled to his feet and battled on while Ray seemed to have a delayed reaction...the legs started to wobble and he staggered off the ground for medical attention. Makes me wonder, who are the toughest players in the comp? Not the knucklemen, the ones like Twomey who never take a backward step. Surely he's right up there.

Great game of footy on saturday between Spotty and Colts. These games are what wrfl is all about. One incident stood out to me on the day, when big Ray Jensen and Little Blake Twomey collided at full tilt. Blake would be giving away 30kg's and bounced off hitting the ground hard whilst Ray kept his feet. Blake struggled to his feet and battled on while Ray seemed to have a delayed reaction...the legs started to wobble and he staggered off the ground for medical attention. Makes me wonder, who are the toughest players in the comp? Not the knucklemen, the ones like Twomey who never take a backward step. Surely he's right up there.

If you watched the whole game mate you would have noticed ray took a big hit running back with the flight in the second quarter and was coughing blood all through half time. So when blake and ray collided in the centre he started coughing blood again and thats why he went off. but the big fella came back on late and helped us to a great win.

Would have to agree 100%, there are not many tougher than Blake Twomey a great kid as well who bleeds red and blue.
Number 22 for the Colts would be on the same page as Blake has got plenty of ticker. This showed on Saturday several times.

If you watched the whole game mate you would have noticed ray took a big hit running back with the flight in the second quarter and was coughing blood all through half time. So when blake and ray collided in the centre he started coughing blood again and thats why he went off. but the big fella came back on late and helped us to a great win.

Well the dud wouldn't have to worry about the blood coming from his heart because he hasn't got one,tried pushing and shoving blokes and when they had a go back all he could do was raise his arm's in the air and this happened at least three times that i saw,he's a BIG CAT...

Would have to agree 100%, there are not many tougher than Blake Twomey a great kid as well who bleeds red and blue.
Number 22 for the Colts would be on the same page as Blake has got plenty of ticker. This showed on Saturday several times.
Must agree Blake Twomey is one of the most honest blokes youll ever meet, very hard at it keeps his feet and never shirks the hard ball. Sometimes gets forgotten about after Lindsay, Masis, MacNaulty and Jacobs in the centre but ask any Colts person and they'll agree with that Blake is a massive part of the Colts success over the years.
Colts centre were very good on the weekend Hoppers and Spooty dont have ruckman to match Julier, l noticed Jensen trying to rip little Winters head off on the weekend does he ever pick on anyone his own size, thats an honest question(not being sarcastic).

No 5 is the son of a former gun Bull Perkins -Jase is an under 18 player who has played a couple of senior games thus far. No 41 is G Millan a member of last years premiership team. Both guys are outside chances of getting a gig in the not too distant future.
jase is an absolut gun can not wait till he matures a bit more will be a superstar

Well the dud wouldn't have to worry about the blood coming from his heart because he hasn't got one,tried pushing and shoving blokes and when they had a go back all he could do was raise his arm's in the air and this happened at least three times that i saw,he's a BIG CAT...
He is no Cat!

Must agree Blake Twomey is one of the most honest blokes youll ever meet, very hard at it keeps his feet and never shirks the hard ball. Sometimes gets forgotten about after Lindsay, Masis, MacNaulty and Jacobs in the centre but ask any Colts person and they'll agree with that Blake is a massive part of the Colts success over the years.
Colts centre were very good on the weekend Hoppers and Spooty dont have ruckman to match Julier, l noticed Jensen trying to rip little Winters head off on the weekend does he ever pick on anyone his own size, thats an honest question(not being sarcastic).
If its an honest question. i have never seen him back down to anyone regardless of size he stood his ground against Aaron James last year and smiled at him as he was having punches thrown at him. People can say what they like the league is full of tough courageous blokes. i was at the game on the weekend and remember the incident. How many times have you seen a big bloke misjudge tackling a small bloke thats all it was. Agree though Twomey is an honest footballer!

Talking about Big Cats, surely Webb would have to be put in that category. Not just a Bg Cat but a Dirty Big Cat. Hangs out, gets easy kicks behind packs, never goes ball, always man first and when decides to put head over the ball he has to lift elbows, trips or something dirty. Behind play always tripping opponents. Its quite disgusting to watch how he goes about it. Guess it works out in the end seeing he lost the game for them on the weekend, dodgy handball, for molan to clean up and snap from the near impossible angle. Ports V Spotty Grandfinal. Be good if ALL playsers could go ball for a change!!!

why would he do something stupid by having a go back at these idiots and maybe miss a chance playing in a grand final. I have never seen him back down to anyone and i was there when he put arron james on his arse and all these people that want to call him a cat i would love to see you say it to his face or have a crack then we would see who the cat is.
lets look at this weeks game, i think colts will be to strong for hoppers after watching yesterdays game. colts to win by 30 points

Talking about Big Cats, surely Webb would have to be put in that category. Not just a Bg Cat but a Dirty Big Cat. Hangs out, gets easy kicks behind packs, never goes ball, always man first and when decides to put head over the ball he has to lift elbows, trips or something dirty. Behind play always tripping opponents. Its quite disgusting to watch how he goes about it. Guess it works out in the end seeing he lost the game for them on the weekend, dodgy handball, for molan to clean up and snap from the near impossible angle. Ports V Spotty Grandfinal. Be good if ALL playsers could go ball for a change!!!

You can think what you like but webb is no cat,can show some highlights from the last two gf's where he goes back with the flight in front of d.carson and also the year before in front of l.cook of parkside,webb has been a gun player for the colts over the last 5 years,he gives it and he cops it and if you could see how he pulled up yesterday then you would realise,
As for him costing us the game that is definately not true,not his best game but lets not forget about the other 100 minutes the game went for.
Enjoy the win now but as has happened the last few years the team watching the premilinary final has not gone on to win the grand final and after only a 7 point win i'm sure there a thoughts of doubt in spotty's supporters and players minds.In all honesty you guys will be cheering loud for hoppers and would much rather play them than us,we just hope to get another crack and if you baet us then,you can boast all you want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why would he do something stupid by having a go back at these idiots and maybe miss a chance playing in a grand final. I have never seen him back down to anyone and i was there when he put arron james on his arse and all these people that want to call him a cat i would love to see you say it to his face or have a crack then we would see who the cat is.
lets look at this weeks game, i think colts will be to strong for hoppers after watching yesterdays game. colts to win by 30 points

Caddy and i both said it to his face and nothing,but let's be realistic we all say shit on the ground and then shake hands after it,we are not mates but respect each other and that's it and it's not really going to escalate to far on the field anyway.
One thing dissapointing from my point of view is Luke Theodore not coming to shake hands but for us having to go over in the huddle to congratulate him ,poor form in my opinion,never had another coach act like this any spotty people care to elaborate why he acted like this .

You can think what you like but webb is no cat,can show some highlights from the last two gf's where he goes back with the flight in front of d.carson and also the year before in front of l.cook of parkside,webb has been a gun player for the colts over the last 5 years,he gives it and he cops it and if you could see how he pulled up yesterday then you would realise,
As for him costing us the game that is definately not true,not his best game but lets not forget about the other 100 minutes the game went for.
Enjoy the win now but as has happened the last few years the team watching the premilinary final has not gone on to win the grand final and after only a 7 point win i'm sure there a thoughts of doubt in spotty's supporters and players minds.In all honesty you guys will be cheering loud for hoppers and would much rather play them than us,we just hope to get another crack and if you baet us then,you can boast all you want.
fair call albion pushed hoppers all the way yesterday and were deserving the win however thats footy and they will learn alot from it...... i couldnt see hoppers matching it with spotty the way port did on sat was a great last quarter and the game could have went either way.... just wanted to know what ppls thoughts are on the team that does finish top and only win the one game to go through to the granny(i.e spotty in the 1s and hoppers in the 2s)????? recent finals show its a disadvantage because of match conditioning for finals (and the 2s game was a ripper)...... but surely having the weeks off would give time to freshen players up? thoughts????

fair call albion pushed hoppers all the way yesterday and were deserving the win however thats footy and they will learn alot from it...... i couldnt see hoppers matching it with spotty the way port did on sat was a great last quarter and the game could have went either way.... just wanted to know what ppls thoughts are on the team that does finish top and only win the one game to go through to the granny(i.e spotty in the 1s and hoppers in the 2s)????? recent finals show its a disadvantage because of match conditioning for finals (and the 2s game was a ripper)...... but surely having the weeks off would give time to freshen players up? thoughts????

It can work as an advantage and a dissadvantage, it just depends on circumstances,but in spotty's case they have had a few players miss some big games and say someonelike montebello to have played just 1 game in 6 wks,by the time the gf comes around might not be good conditioning for him when a grand final pressure game comes along,he looked a bit rusty saturday even though he prepares himself better than most,but then if you have a few players that have been slogging it out a week off would be handy.
In my opinion we are trained to play each week and it keeps the body well conditioned and prepared for pressure footy it has been good for us over the last two years and hopefully this year too.

It can work as an advantage and a dissadvantage, it just depends on circumstances,but in spotty's case they have had a few players miss some big games and say someonelike montebello to have played just 1 game in 6 wks,by the time the gf comes around might not be good conditioning for him when a grand final pressure game comes along,he looked a bit rusty saturday even though he prepares himself better than most,but then if you have a few players that have been slogging it out a week off would be handy.
In my opinion we are trained to play each week and it keeps the body well conditioned and prepared for pressure footy it has been good for us over the last two years and hopefully this year too.
Partially agree ROCK monte did look a little Rusty on the weekend. Looked like he didn't get warmed up until the last. Having touch at this level is so important we are not league footballers so match day touch is even more important. He is the type to bounce back though.

Well, lot of crap on the thread already and it is only Monday Morning. Sounds as though GeorgeMichael may have gone the way of his namesake and spent too much time shaking the hand of the unemployed behind the Dunny Door and Bloods05 must wear a tie to work because the blood is obviously avoiding the trek to his brain !!.
Plenty of clashes on Saturday and Sunday which is good for football. If you cross the line to play, big or small, you must be prepared for the contest. I didn't see anyone, big or small pull out of a contest and nor should I.
As for Theodore not coming over to shake hands I would assume that his first priority would be to gather his players, congratulate them and to ensure that their feet remain firmly planted on the ground. Keep in mind that he has only coached 19 games of football. The fact that Ellis and Clarke had to come over to shake hands with him is an honourable gesture from 2 blokes who have been around for a while. I am sure that he will learn from his "perceived mistake" and shake hands with who ever on the 15th !!
Looks as though Hoppers will be light on in the ruck again with Becker going down but Hoppers can take something from the fact that they were headed in the last quarter but were still able to come back and win without him.

Well boys the season has come down to 3 teams. Spotswood awaiting their opponents, and this week a rematch of last years thriller Grand Final Colts and Hoppers love close ones when there is something to play for. Would have to say Colts will start favourites and deserve to after their performance against colts last week. Can the young hoppers team generate some run or will colts out smart and out muscle them like they did on their last encounter. Some good match ups. Phipps on Clarke and will Clonan be back, if so forward or back guarding Caddy. Bonnett i would assume would take Montebruno, and DeBruin on Frost up forward. Colts too much run i think 4 goal win sailing away in the last.

Caddy and i both said it to his face and nothing,but let's be realistic we all say shit on the ground and then shake hands after it,we are not mates but respect each other and that's it and it's not really going to escalate to far on the field anyway.
One thing dissapointing from my point of view is Luke Theodore not coming to shake hands but for us having to go over in the huddle to congratulate him ,poor form in my opinion,never had another coach act like this any spotty people care to elaborate why he acted like this .

Agree there rock alot is said in the heat of the moment and i agree i dont think anyone from both sides took a backwards step. On your other point i think luke was stuffed from the match and was happy to get our first finals win on the board and just forgot to come over to shake hands. i could not see him deliberatly not coming over

Agree there rock alot is said in the heat of the moment and i agree i dont think anyone from both sides took a backwards step. On your other point i think luke was stuffed from the match and was happy to get our first finals win on the board and just forgot to come over to shake hands. i could not see him deliberatly not coming over
just a question for the spotty boys how has luke theodore gone this year as a coach obviously you cant complain because spotty are in the granny but just on first impressions, i went to listen to his 3/4 time speech and i wasn't impressed with the way he spoke there was a huge difference between his address and frostys on sunday. maybe he had a excuse that he ran a few miles because he had a huge first half and i thought he played well but i thought beazer was bog and unlucky not to get player of the day

just a question for the spotty boys how has luke theodore gone this year as a coach obviously you cant complain because spotty are in the granny but just on first impressions, i went to listen to his 3/4 time speech and i wasn't impressed with the way he spoke there was a huge difference between his address and frostys on sunday. maybe he had a excuse that he ran a few miles because he had a huge first half and i thought he played well but i thought beazer was bog and unlucky not to get player of the day
Heard the 3/4 speech thought it was direct and too the point, from the Spotty games i have seen this year Luke leads by example, tough, relentless and uncomprimising he doesn't get caught up with too much emotion. The group has obviously responded well. As usual Clarky spoke well full of passion. Has been doing it for a few years now.

Heard the 3/4 speech thought it was direct and too the point, from the Spotty games i have seen this year Luke leads by example, tough, relentless and uncomprimising he doesn't get caught up with too much emotion. The group has obviously responded well. As usual Clarky spoke well full of passion. Has been doing it for a few years now.
yeah i agree that on field he leads by example with the way he plays but i just wasnt impressed with his speech but that is just my opinion.
Is Jeremy Bond any chance of getting a game in the granny or would spotty just go with Pelar to run with Julier who did a really good job on the weekend if they play port again because Puhar is just fighting out of his weight division against Julier

yeah i agree that on field he leads by example with the way he plays but i just wasnt impressed with his speech but that is just my opinion.
Is Jeremy Bond any chance of getting a game in the granny or would spotty just go with Pelar to run with Julier who did a really good job on the weekend if they play port again because Puhar is just fighting out of his weight division against Julier

gee brains for a stalbans under 18 boy seem to know fair bit bout spotty

I saw the big fella standing on the sidelines on Sunday in the last quarter of the 2's so who knows. Julier is a big unit and from what i saw on Sat very hard to tackle. Almost took some heads off with his don't argues! Jeremy is either resting up for the big one or he is injuried. Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back