Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now lets get back to footy! Spotswood have had a couple of stumbles. Sunshine pounced them and the game against colts could have gone either way. Albion on the other hand have not skipped a beat. Look for a surprise inclusion for Spotty this week!! Could swing things.

Looks like Adam Simpson mite get the call up???
I still think spotty are a better side than albion but that maybe because i'm more aware of who spotty's players are and some of the cats players got under my guard.
Spotty need to stop buttina, personaly they don't have others that will kick multiple goals in big games, boothey is a perfect match up IMO.
Spotty has the edge in the midfield and i;m not sure Albion have anyone to stop crackers but it will be a good contest and at albion's home ground will make this a tight game but spotty should win.

Hey ROCK i see your online tonight. How do you rate Colts start to the year? You have won flags from worst starts?

Our start as been great, a hiccup against hoppers, but with the condition of the ground and a let down after the spotty game not taking to much out of it,especially after we turned it around in the second half.
Albion was an ordinary effor they jumped us early were up by 38 points we played well for 15 minutes in the 3/4, hit the front and stopped again, but showed signs we could match them, we had some key players out and it was a few guys first hitout for the year.

We have had masis,twomey and debruyn miss 3 games each,winters is yet to play,hoath and danny jacobs are getting better every week and we have picked up another tough onballer from greenvale via bundoora in DANIEL HOWSE.
We have alot of young players in form or developing well so that is a real positive.Keeps the hunger there, that's for sure.
So all in all very happy and we will look to have a better second half to the year, our aim is to finish top 3 and then have a real crack at winning the flag again.
What are your thoughts on the year to date??? Maybe wait til after the week-end to answer that one.
But will you play again this year MM????

Our start as been great, a hiccup against hoppers, but with the condition of the ground and a let down after the spotty game not taking to much out of it,especially after we turned it around in the second half.
Albion was an ordinary effor they jumped us early were up by 38 points we played well for 15 minutes in the 3/4, hit the front and stopped again, but showed signs we could match them, we had some key players out and it was a few guys first hitout for the year.

We have had masis,twomey and debruyn miss 3 games each,winters is yet to play,hoath and danny jacobs are getting better every week and we have picked up another tough onballer from greenvale via bundoora in DANIEL HOWSE.
We have alot of young players in form or developing well so that is a real positive.Keeps the hunger there, that's for sure.
So all in all very happy and we will look to have a better second half to the year, our aim is to finish top 3 and then have a real crack at winning the flag again.
What are your thoughts on the year to date??? Maybe wait til after the week-end to answer that one.
But will you play again this year MM????

The surprise call up is not Adam Simpson!!!

Now lets get back to footy! Spotswood have had a couple of stumbles. Sunshine pounced them and the game against colts could have gone either way. Albion on the other hand have not skipped a beat. Look for a surprise inclusion for Spotty this week!! Could swing things.

Maybe no surprise at all, just get the coaches from the cats thinking....

I was hoping it was you to see who would win round 2 you or my old mate dicko.......

Conspiracy Theory #3 Who is the surprise call up for Spotty's game against Albion?

Mystery surrounds this surprise inclusion. The player in question has been training in a secret location for the past month. Spotswood officials have gagged all players so that not a word would be spoken to the media and opposition players.
Some say that he was seen training at the docks. This prompted theorists to infer a playing connection with Port Colts. Further sitings and connections are as follows

Hoppers Club talking himself up
= Hoppers Crossing
Commercial Hotel Yarraville trying to convince others that Seddon FC is still alive = Seddon Yarraville
Highpoint West telling people that old rubbish tips make good footy grounds = West Footscray
Corner of Civic and Grieve Parade dressed as a giant Violet Crumble = Altona
At store on Hudson Rd stealing a bottle of olive oil to smear over his body for Mr Spotswood = do you really need me to insult your intelligence?

So most are in the dark about who the surprise inclusion is for Spotswood in this weekend's game against Albion. This works well for those who think it may create head aches for the Albion Brains trust.

Did the Americans really land on the moon?
Did the Aliens really create man and only visit to check up on their creation?
Did Hussein really have weapons of mass destruction or just a lot of oil?
Did the CIA do a job on the twin towers?
Do Spotty have a surprise player who has the potential to turn the game on it's head?
We wonder if the Albion spy 'Eagle Eye' who went to a Spotswood Training session (see earlier post by me) had news of the player in question. If not, then he should be sacked.

Looks like Adam Simpson mite get the call up???
I still think spotty are a better side than albion but that maybe because i'm more aware of who spotty's players are and some of the cats players got under my guard.
Spotty need to stop buttina, personaly they don't have others that will kick multiple goals in big games, boothey is a perfect match up IMO.
Spotty has the edge in the midfield and i;m not sure Albion have anyone to stop crackers but it will be a good contest and at albion's home ground will make this a tight game but spotty should win.

I think it is at Spotty?

who is zerafa and the other player mentioned from werribee??? are they new recruits or products of albion juniors??

jamie zerafa played all his juniors at laverton then crossed to yarraville for the last 2 seasons, did a preseason with werribee and got put on there list, crossed to albion this year has played a couple of games, he has played the last 2 weeks with werribee 2s.

Conspiracy Theory #3 Who is the surprise call up for Spotty's game against Albion?

Mystery surrounds this surprise inclusion. The player in question has been training in a secret location for the past month. Spotswood officials have gagged all players so that not a word would be spoken to the media and opposition players.
Some say that he was seen training at the docks. This prompted theorists to infer a playing connection with Port Colts. Further sitings and connections are as follows

Hoppers Club talking himself up = Hoppers Crossing
Commercial Hotel Yarraville trying to convince others that Seddon FC is still alive = Seddon Yarraville
Highpoint West telling people that old rubbish tips make good footy grounds = West Footscray
At store on Hudson Rd stealing a bottle of olive oil to smear over his body for Mr Spotswood = do you really need me to insult your intelligence?

So most are in the dark about who the surprise inclusion is for Spotswood in this weekend's game against Albion. This works well for those who think it may create head aches for the Albion Brains trust.

Do Spotty have a surprise player who has the potential to turn the game on it's head?
We wonder if the Albion spy 'Eagle Eye' who went to a Spotswood Training session (see earlier post by me) had news of the player in question. If not, then he should be sacked.

can i have a guess???
could it be that player that took stalbans 2s untill half way through the last quarter to recognise him, by which time he had blown the game out of reach??
hope i haven't ruined the surprise

massive game this week albion win at spotty and top spot all but their's. Spotty win and it opens back up for themselves and colts. Mid field will go a long way to deciding this o keffe kelly and harris are all gun players who back themselves but this week i think they will need to work defensively against dorwood who has been in great form and zavalas who i think will play on ball this week. Spotty's forward line should be to strong with crackers and molan and some good small's floating around. Not sure who will get butina, hopefully boothey comes up but if not i think waldron will get first crack. Very under rated player but gets the job done each week. Spotty by 3-4 goals

Maybe no surprise at all, just get the coaches from the cats thinking....

I was hoping it was you to see who would win round 2 you or my old mate dicko.......

Hahaha, we both received what we gave i'm sure dicko knows that.
But i love surprises!

massive game this week albion win at spotty and top spot all but their's. Spotty win and it opens back up for themselves and colts. Mid field will go a long way to deciding this o keffe kelly and harris are all gun players who back themselves but this week i think they will need to work defensively against dorwood who has been in great form and zavalas who i think will play on ball this week. Spotty's forward line should be to strong with crackers and molan and some good small's floating around. Not sure who will get butina, hopefully boothey comes up but if not i think waldron will get first crack. Very under rated player but gets the job done each week. Spotty by 3-4 goals

If waldron plays on buttina albion will win by 6 goals, he is not up to the better fwds in the comp,even i kicked 4 on him in 1 and half quarters and i'm finished, buttina will dominate him......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can i have a guess???
could it be that player that took stalbans 2s untill half way through the last quarter to recognise him, by which time he had blown the game out of reach??
hope i haven't ruined the surprise

Well drop the name strongbow....A.Simpson did kick 7 but i did mention him above, but da vinci denied it.
However i'm sure he will play.

altona have a fair few kids that are first year players and are seeming to handle themselves good. I agree, no need to go any easier on the KIDS, but no need to hit them hard behind play, they won't know what to do, and agree future it is up to the senior guys to get involved.
I don't even think albion have 2 18 year old's on the team? footstar you would be the only one right? so i don't think jensen or keenan will be hitting hard behind play?

im 19. we have had two under'18 players come up for a game each both did very well. One was close, if not the best on the ground that day. Steve is good like that he is always looking for under 18's to have a crack and not only zavarlos but the whole team gets behind them i don't think the spotswood boys would be worried about throwing people around off the ball, a push and a shove is in general footy so i don't think theres a problem with a bit of aggression shown and if gets a bit serious it's the umpires control to blow the whistle.

Well drop the name strongbow....A.Simpson did kick 7 but i did mention him above, but da vinci denied it.
However i'm sure he will play.

No doubt Simpson is a gun and should ply this week has the biggest kick i have ever seen. But he is not hiding in Box A. Sat 2pm all will be revealed. Should be a cracker of a game, wish i was playing!

Hoppers Club talking himself up = Hoppers Crossing

Quite funny but you are too intelligent for most of us on here mate.

does the same rule apply to wrfl 1s and playing vfl 2s, in terms of eligibility for finals? i.e play 10 games in the vfl 2s and u cant qualify for wrfl finals?

You need to play 6 games for the club to qualify for finals. If you play 10 senior you can only play 2's if your team is playing on the same day. Once the seniors go out you cannot play 2's.

This is from memory correct me if i'm wrong?

You need to play 6 games for the club to qualify for finals. If you play 10 senior you can only play 2's if your team is playing on the same day. Once the seniors go out you cannot play 2's.

This is from memory correct me if i'm wrong?

Is It 6 or 4 to be eligible for finals??????

That suprise inclusion wouldn't be jackson barling would it ;) what if he lines up on Buttina, wouldn't that be a good match up, one thing for sure Buttina wouldn't be able to out muscle Barling. I don't even think big rayzor18 could take those honours! My tip Spotswood by over 39.5!

Its smart footy to terrorise kids is it?? Well done buddy great courage. If a kid is playin on you or your playin on a kid there is no need to terrorise them or play any different to an older player. Good on the kids for having a crack we`ve all been there.

you treat them all the same, regardless of age, but you don't play less physical on someone because they are a kid..... I have played with kids who started at 15 and 16, when the opposition try to get physical, they stood up to them and the older players thrived off this.

Good to see the top teams getting their better players back, should be good coming home after the break with everyone putting strong sides out on the park, means the best teams should make it.

That suprise inclusion wouldn't be jackson barling would it ;) what if he lines up on Buttina, wouldn't that be a good match up, one thing for sure Buttina wouldn't be able to out muscle Barling. I don't even think big rayzor18 could take those honours! My tip Spotswood by over 39.5!

Too much time on here old bumble butt.. But I reckon you may be right due to my inside knowledge from an inside source on the subject.;) Big Jonh says g'day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back