Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was clearly our best player and is a class above, i wouldn't worry about whose names are or are not in the paper the bnf votes tell the real story.
Danny has been terrific, very instructive to players, and everyone listens to him, which shows how much the boys respect him. He is a pleasure to have around the club. Just not very good at team meetings....he is now banned........lol.
He is easily the best player i have played with and has more than helped with our big losses from last year.

Interesting, care to elaborate?

He was clearly our best player and is a class above, i wouldn't worry about whose names are or are not in the paper the bnf votes tell the real story.
Danny has been terrific, very instructive to players, and everyone listens to him, which shows how much the boys respect him. He is a pleasure to have around the club. Just not very good at team meetings....he is now banned........lol.
He is easily the best player i have played with and has more than helped with our big losses from last year.

He has been great for the league and when we played them was very sportsman like and even calmed a situation down that could of got out of hand. Not a big head at all and from what I heard from our blokes very constructive and positive on field (even to opposition but we were getting flogged).

He has been great for the league and when we played them was very sportsman like and even calmed a situation down that could of got out of hand. Not a big head at all and from what I heard from our blokes very constructive and positive on field (even to opposition but we were getting flogged).

I know this sounds like a love in, but he would appear to be a champion bloke on and off the field, plays hard and plays the ball. No crap. Talks to everyone when we played him, and then had a beer and chat with a few locals after.... very classy individual.

Albions problems lie with the assistant coaches, gibbo and browny, a first year coach needs great sideline coaches, they are not. Your best onballer starting in the forward line( Turner)? When against the wind, your best player for inside 50's, (blake richards) is in the forward line, he should be where the ball is, not waiting for it to arrive. They are trying to outsmart themselves and have been shown to struggle with moves and tags. Albion are now not a contender for the flag, 2 100 point losses is hard to come back from, probably still the 3rd best team in the comp, but Savalas needs help to improve the team this year and next. A few players are not up to it, Caruso and stephens need time in the reserves and then maybe return, dixon is struggling, but with not much quality to pick from what can they do? Albion need to find 2 more touigh inside players to be a force, but its getting late this year.

Flyinhigh keep on pumping port colts tyres up, they couldnt keep yp with albions youth and speed, jacobs was towelled by barker and with Richards, bettin and maybe hewitt back soon the cats will only get better.

Albions problems lie with the assistant coaches, gibbo and browny, a first year coach needs great sideline coaches, they are not. Your best onballer starting in the forward line( Turner)? When against the wind, your best player for inside 50's, (blake richards) is in the forward line, he should be where the ball is, not waiting for it to arrive. They are trying to outsmart themselves and have been shown to struggle with moves and tags. Albion are now not a contender for the flag, 2 100 point losses is hard to come back from, probably still the 3rd best team in the comp, but Savalas needs help to improve the team this year and next. A few players are not up to it, Caruso and stephens need time in the reserves and then maybe return, dixon is struggling, but with not much quality to pick from what can they do? Albion need to find 2 more touigh inside players to be a force, but its getting late this year.

change of heart in regards to the cats general1965

Savalas to come back in this week will add a tough inside player and more on field leadership. Blake is just coming back from a fairly tricky injury and will only get better and maybe fenton to come back in sooner or later into the 1s so all is not lost and no need to write us off at third best side. Confidence is a funny thing though im sure everyone will agree and when we had it we were going exceptionally well and now we have lost a bit of it things are not coming as easy as they were first half of the year, but as many people have said time and time again on this thread it is a long season and there are still some games to go to get that much needed boost of confidence needed to match it with sides such as port and spotty. The key to the rest of the season for us and perhaps any team outside the 3 is to maintain a spot in the top 3. With the teams we have in the top 3 at the moment who ever finishes outside will more than likely have to play both port and spotty (and perhaps beat one of them twice) to have any chance to be premiers and i think that may be too much to ask for a side outside the 3 (this is just my opinion take it how you wish).

Just cant wait to see how it all unfolds now that we are coming to the business end of the season.

Savalas to come back in this week will add a tough inside player and more on field leadership. Blake is just coming back from a fairly tricky injury and will only get better and maybe fenton to come back in sooner or later into the 1s so all is not lost and no need to write us off at third best side. Confidence is a funny thing though im sure everyone will agree and when we had it we were going exceptionally well and now we have lost a bit of it things are not coming as easy as they were first half of the year, but as many people have said time and time again on this thread it is a long season and there are still some games to go to get that much needed boost of confidence needed to match it with sides such as port and spotty. The key to the rest of the season for us and perhaps any team outside the 3 is to maintain a spot in the top 3. With the teams we have in the top 3 at the moment who ever finishes outside will more than likely have to play both port and spotty (and perhaps beat one of them twice) to have any chance to be premiers and i think that may be too much to ask for a side outside the 3 (this is just my opinion take it how you wish).

Just cant wait to see how it all unfolds now that we are coming to the business end of the season.

Confidence it takes weeks even months to build and only one week to lose

The Jacobs boys you will find a both great blokes on and off the field

Are we all forgetting the cats were undefeated until a couple of weeks ago?? When the cats/spotty/colts are at their best who is the best side? Not sure how often it happens that the two teams playing on the day play their best but I would back the cats... The first time we played colts we didn't play our best but finished up with a 48 point win... This time round we broke down in our half forward line..

If Savalas had of played no doubt there would have been a different result. He provides the quick rebound (almost Mathew Scarlett like) where Albion didn't have that on Saturday. Maybe we wouldn't of won but definitely would not have be smashed like that. Whenever there was a turnover it was scrappy or players didn't feel confident enough to step up..

Albion are a young side and in my eyes I prefer that Albion has been put back in its place at this point in time rather than the first two weeks of the finals. We now know if we drop the ball the standard of our competitors means we will get smashed. However if we harness our concentration and efforts and use the last two weeks as a case study (of what happens when we slip) the cats will be fine!

Still think the Cats will make the granny :thumbsu:

buttina has one bad game and everyone gets on his back! He is clearly the most improved and inform player this year, and leading the leauge goalkicking shows just what a player he is, and is cruetal in albions lineup.

Agree with you on that, buttina has had a fantastic year, i just think he was beaten by a better player, even if was at his peak i would still back bonnett to beat him, buttina will still get the ton and good on him.

Totally agree with these sentiments. Butina has had an amazing year, and I believe that he will reach his ton and probably hold off Keenan to win the Top Goal Kicker. I think Butina is a very underated player, he has great ability and fantastic marking skills. I think the comments made about his weight on WYN were incredibily harsh, a few kilos in this game is very easy to lose. Albion would be in far worse off spot without Butina this year. He has contributed a great deal to their success.

Whether Albion as a team are still a flag contender I don't think that is in doubt. It has only been two loses, large loses true, but they can still claw back.

Are we all forgetting the cats were undefeated until a couple of weeks ago?? When the cats/spotty/colts are at their best who is the best side? Not sure how often it happens that the two teams playing on the day play their best but I would back the cats... The first time we played colts we didn't play our best but finished up with a 48 point win... This time round we broke down in our half forward line..

If Savalas had of played no doubt there would have been a different result. He provides the quick rebound (almost Mathew Scarlett like) where Albion didn't have that on Saturday. Maybe we wouldn't of won but definitely would not have be smashed like that. Whenever there was a turnover it was scrappy or players didn't feel confident enough to step up..

Albion are a young side and in my eyes I prefer that Albion has been put back in its place at this point in time rather than the first two weeks of the finals. We now know if we drop the ball the standard of our competitors means we will get smashed. However if we harness our concentration and efforts and use the last two weeks as a case study (of what happens when we slip) the cats will be fine!

Nobody has forgotten about Albion being undefeated up until the Spotty game. Now starts the business end of the season where early season glory counts for conversations at the bar (and on the net) and that's about it. The cats came up against Spotty and didn't fire a shot. Two huge losses against two contenders would mean that predictions of playing off in a Grand Final are a touch premature. I wouldn't back anyone at this point.

It's pretty difficult to dissect such a big loss. I'm not saying that Albion are finished, not by a long shot. A 20 goal turn around probably points to two things. 1) Colts are on a roll and gradually building up full steam 2) Albion lost the game above the shoulders. You can't do much about number 1 because they are probably the hardest side to stop when they get rolling. As for number 2, only your boys know how to stop that from happening again. I reckon you'd have to beat Spotty convincingly in the return game at Albion.

Nothing against Savalas but he most likely wouldn't have made a significant difference. Certainly plays the game well and does provide quick rebound but Colts would've had enough blokes on the day to give him a headache rather than the other way around.

All that aside, makes for a bloody interesting season, spewin I can't get a live feed of the match of the round when I'm out of Melbourne.

One player no matter how good he is would not have made a difference to the result last week. We also had a few missing and one was our best player against albion last time.
Albion have a great midfield and their back line is fair especially with savalas running off h/back, however their fwd line is their major concern especially if buttina doesn't fire, i think they mite be better off playing barker as another deep forward.
As i said the blow out margin is not a true reflection how the sides compare and i still think the cats will finish top 3 but do gace some big games hoppers (away) and spotty (home) and then we will all know what impact they will have come finals time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im sure there was a reason for these moves and how long were they in those positions for? Not sure about Gibbo but Browny knows his football better than most. Whether these decisions were right or wrong, Id suggest they have gotten it right more often than not this year. This is exactly what people mean about Albion being their own worst enemies, they have 2 losses and start pointing the finger. Surely those 2 moves didnt equate to a 100 point loss? And are they a different coach from when they beat Port earlier in the year by 7 goals? And likewise back then, they probably werent the reason they won by 7 goals. Sideline coaches may influence games in 1 way or another but they arent the difference between winning and losing by 100 points.

Well another round where only 1 game looks to a contest, the colts v st.albans.
We have a poor record at the saints home ground so we are really looking to improve on that and hopefully they are close to full strength, they will need swadiak, hollow and bakolas in to make a game of it, so hopefully they are for the leagues sake.
BRAINS/ARC will you guys have all your big guns available,
if so should be a good contest the saints have embaressed us a few times at their ground.

Ok harsh on browny, not laying blame on turner or richards, but stephens and caruso just arent up to it, M. Bettin didnt get much time his frist game back, he has class and will put his head over the ball!

just had a look on wrfl website noticed a few late clearance applications put in to spotswood, C Urch,C Beasley,S Tobin,I Allen,

Well urchy has put in to be cleared to darley, scratcher would probably play two's as would tobin i think, beazer would be of good value but he is still putting a good player out and maybe even someone with a bit more pace, so i don't think that it will make them alot better at senior level, however it gives them a greater amount of depth and it will be very hard for others to knock off their reserves.

Well urchy has put in to be cleared to darley, scratcher would probably play two's as would tobin i think, beazer would be of good value but he is still putting a good player out and maybe even someone with a bit more pace, so i don't think that it will make them alot better at senior level, however it gives them a greater amount of depth and it will be very hard for others to knock off their reserves.

could make it alot harder for some off the younger ones to get a game off footy,

Well another round where only 1 game looks to a contest, the colts v st.albans.
We have a poor record at the saints home ground so we are really looking to improve on that and hopefully they are close to full strength, they will need swadiak, hollow and bakolas in to make a game of it, so hopefully they are for the leagues sake.
BRAINS/ARC will you guys have all your big guns available,
if so should be a good contest the saints have embaressed us a few times at their ground.
Should be an interesting game between St Albans and Port.
St Albans do have a very undermanned side and are playing alot of young blokes with pace but port have struggled everytime they venture to kings park.
Apart from this game every other game is one sided.

Should be an interesting game between St Albans and Port.
St Albans do have a very undermanned side and are playing alot of long blokes with pace but port have struggled everytime they venture to kings park.
Apart from this game every other game is one sided.

i wouldn't say that stalbans port is the only game to worry about. Altona do play very good football against albion and showed it both last year losing by a kick and this year being up at half time to get beaten by 8 goals.
we are a redhot dip and if we can cover buttina and lock savalos out the game we can take the points and really shake up albions year.

Well ROCK looks like neither of us got him. I saw him a few weeks ago and he said he wasn't happy down at willy and he was playing in the 2's. I wouldn't have thought that he would need a clearance after being at AFL level for 5 years. Unless he registered himself with Spotty when he signed with willy??

i wouldn't say that stalbans port is the only game to worry about. Altona do play very good football against albion and showed it both last year losing by a kick and this year being up at half time to get beaten by 8 goals.
we are a redhot dip and if we can cover buttina and lock savalos out the game we can take the points and really shake up albions year.

Altona are no chance will not get with in 10 goals

Well ROCK looks like neither of us got him. I saw him a few weeks ago and he said he wasn't happy down at willy and he was playing in the 2's. I wouldn't have thought that he would need a clearance after being at AFL level for 5 years. Unless he registered himself with Spotty when he signed with willy??

Yes i think he is more frustrated with his body and particular hisdodgy hammy, hopefully it comes good and he sticks it out with willie, his best isa senior player there no ressies.
If he does leave it would be hard for colts or spotty to pay him, you cant blame him for chasing a quid,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back