Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think we have advertised anything champ, just stating the obvious......yellow belly scum dont like to put their head over the ball most days!
Good hard fought football match is the only thing on all the boys minds come 2 o'clock Saturday afternoon...............no fights...........don't know where you come up with that sh1t.

Also don't know of an Albion match were there was an altercation in the crowd, a bit of verbal, nothing ever coming physical......well there was one day when a YC jumper got burnt in front of the clubrooms...........................but no known, yelow belly, christian worker dog said nothing!!!!

And the last point.........Cats will not derail to the likes of US that cannot keep a lid on it as with all the previous posts about the CATS?????

Hang on.................there hasn't been any Albion supporters on here lately........keep up the the good work Filo:thumbsu:

MOON

An earlier post if you wish?

"Just heard that this will be bigger than texas.
Albion still have to square things up with Sunshine after what happened on ANZAC Day.
The Glenorden/Spotty match will look like a playground fight between two 6 year olds fighting over who gets to have a go on the swing first compared to what is going to occur this Saturday.
Will be interesting to see how many Sunshine players pull a hammy this week at training.
Albion by 10 goals and lets see if the umpires call another game off?" NOTE: The game was called off for crowd violence and player fights that also spilled into the crowd.

Now for your post,
Good hard footy shouldn't really have to involve watching your back now should it? or did you really mean "make sure you shepherd for one another or you'll be tackled"? If the dirty stuff isn't what you meant, then you should be clearer. I for one don't think that Albion would risk suspensions for the sake of squaring up but it's easy for others to call to for it when they having nothing much to lose. All the cats will need to do is play the footy they are capable of and they'll win, simple. Savalas will have them well primed.

Now, burning a jumper won't cause the same anger that burning the national flag would. Perhaps the YC, yellow belly, god botherers were too busy spewin on the waste of some good lighter fluid or were deeply concerned for the safety of the patrons near the flames.

Enjoy the game and I will work my hardest to improve my game in here. I promise:thumbsu:

MOON

An earlier post if you wish?

"Just heard that this will be bigger than texas.
Albion still have to square things up with Sunshine after what happened on ANZAC Day.
The Glenorden/Spotty match will look like a playground fight between two 6 year olds fighting over who gets to have a go on the swing first compared to what is going to occur this Saturday.
Will be interesting to see how many Sunshine players pull a hammy this week at training.
Albion by 10 goals and lets see if the umpires call another game off?" NOTE: The game was called off for crowd violence and player fights that also spilled into the crowd.

Now for your post,
Good hard footy shouldn't really have to involve watching your back now should it? or did you really mean "make sure you shepherd for one another or you'll be tackled"? If the dirty stuff isn't what you meant, then you should be clearer. I for one don't think that Albion would risk suspensions for the sake of squaring up but it's easy for others to call to for it when they having nothing much to lose. All the cats will need to do is play the footy they are capable of and they'll win, simple. Savalas will have them well primed.

Now, burning a jumper won't cause the same anger that burning the national flag would. Perhaps the YC, yellow belly, god botherers were too busy spewin on the waste of some good lighter fluid or were deeply concerned for the safety of the patrons near the flames.

Enjoy the game and I will work my hardest to improve my game in here. I promise:thumbsu:

Earlier post by someone unknown to Albion, but i am happy with your response and accept your appology:thumbsu:

Savalas is a strong supporter of NO careless actions i.e fighting, on the football field, even though the suspension from the Spotty match will beg the differ!
Flying the flag for teammates will come very close though.....;)

On closing, the game will be won by the team that works as a team and goes in for the hardball...........the past two losses by Albion, this was not acheived and reflected on the scoreboard.

AFC till i die.

Earlier post by someone unknown to Albion, but i am happy with your response and accept your appology:thumbsu:

Savalas is a strong supporter of NO careless actions i.e fighting, on the football field, even though the suspension from the Spotty match will beg the differ!
Flying the flag for teammates will come very close though.....;)

On closing, the game will be won by the team that works as a team and goes in for the hardball...........the past two losses by Albion, this was not acheived and reflected on the scoreboard.

AFC till i die.

Yeah it was just an explanation of my comments. Neither of us have anything to apologise for. Just not a fan of blokes coming on here and inciting more of what we saw at Glenorden versus Spotty. It was disgraceful. Now I know you weren't doing that so it's all done and dusted.

I didn't see what Steve did at Spotty so can't comment.

Stay passionate mate, supporters of clubs and the game keep the local clubs afloat.

Go win by the Cats today, very windy........used it to our advantage more than the Kangas did. 3rd quarter against the wind won the game,
YC too soft cost them.

yeah what a windy ass day and bloody cold to..very good win for the cats they need to beat a top 5/6 team. YC's didnt come out as hard as i thort they would have but thats how it was on they day hope we dont hear from the YC guys that they had injurys and stuff....like last time!

so next week we they have the Hoppers boys...sould be a cracker of a game maybe match of the round?....hope albion can come out strong and play even more better then they did today GO CATS

On a cold windy day Colts smashed Yarraville who could possibly be the worst Div 1 team i have ever seen. The cats proved to be too strong for the kangaroos helping them consolidate top spot and put some pressure on Sunshine if they want to play finals. Glenorden gave St Albans a scare going down by only 21 points, this is a very interesting result. Spotty played with boys at Altona having 53 shots on goals. If Altona think those young kids are going to carry them to finals in 3 years time they are going to be hit with a reality check, i don't think any of those young kids would get a game in a top 3 side, sorry guys but again some major recruiting of size and talents is required in the next 3 years and thats going to cost money. I think they need at least 10 quality Div 1 players to even give it a push for i don't think that they have the 6 young ones to go with them though.
And Hoppers easily accounted for Wests.

A few years back the league reduced Div 1 from a 12 team comp to a 10 team comp to create a more competitive league. I think they have failed cause the results are getting larger by the week. There seems to be no middle of the rd clubs any more there is just the top 6 and the bottom 4 the days are gone of the big upsets, its sad cause it makes for interesting football. Does anyone know if the league is aware of this problem and if so how are they addressing it?

On a cold windy day Colts smashed Yarraville who could possibly be the worst Div 1 team i have ever seen. The cats proved to be too strong for the kangaroos helping them consolidate top spot and put some pressure on Sunshine if they want to play finals. Glenorden gave St Albans a scare going down by only 21 points, this is a very interesting result. Spotty played with boys at Altona having 53 shots on goals. If Altona think those young kids are going to carry them to finals in 3 years time they are going to be hit with a reality check, i don't think any of those young kids would get a game in a top 3 side, sorry guys but again some major recruiting of size and talents is required in the next 3 years and thats going to cost money. I think they need at least 10 quality Div 1 players to even give it a push for i don't think that they have the 6 young ones to go with them though.
And Hoppers easily accounted for Wests.

A few years back the league reduced Div 1 from a 12 team comp to a 10 team comp to create a more competitive league. I think they have failed cause the results are getting larger by the week. There seems to be no middle of the rd clubs any more there is just the top 6 and the bottom 4 the days are gone of the big upsets, its sad cause it makes for interesting football. Does anyone know if the league is aware of this problem and if so how are they addressing it?
hearing you isnt it up to the individual clubs to act tho? albion has been down in bottom half 4 last lets say ten years they have gradually worked ther way up to now wher they are competitve in top 5 hard work from every one involvd in club nothing comes easy

Sunshine continually underachieve for my liking. Without being disrespectful, if Grainger is able to be their teams best, the they are heading in the wrong direction. Seen him in the early parts of the season, and looked to be carrying "a little".

hearing you isnt it up to the individual clubs to act tho? albion has been down in bottom half 4 last lets say ten years they have gradually worked ther way up to now wher they are competitve in top 5 hard work from every one involvd in club nothing comes easy

Yes Albion have done well to get where they are at the moment. I can't though remember them fighting off relegation in the last 10 years they have always been a middle of the rd team which in my post i stated we no longer have middle of the rd teams we just have top 6 and bottom 4. I am also saying that it is up to the club s to act and if altona don't act they will struggle to fight off relegation in the next 3 years. I hope for the league sake that they are moving in the right direction. So i am unsure are you actually agreeing with me or not?

Yes Albion have done well to get where they are at the moment. I can't though remember them fighting off relegation in the last 10 years they have always been a middle of the rd team which in my post i stated we no longer have middle of the rd teams we just have top 6 and bottom 4. I am also saying that it is up to the club s to act and if altona don't act they will struggle to fight off relegation in the next 3 years. I hope for the league sake that they are moving in the right direction. So i am unsure are you actually agreeing with me or not?
agree totally with what you r putting forward de vinci

DEER PARK vrs WESTERN MAGPIES

:thumbsdown: Magpies slaughter Parkers :thumbsdown:

on what has to be the ABSOLUTE worst game of footy I have ever watched.

Magpies played rough and dirty in a game where the reffing was obviously biased with free kicks, 50's and send off's favouring Magpies. Minimal times was Deer Park at the receiving end of a 50 or free kick.

False accusations by umpires cost Deer Park a player when in 3rd quarter an umpire stated a Parker hit a Pie and he got sent off!

That game was the worst EVER! :(

:thumbsdown: Dirty players, shitty ground and facilities and shit umpiring. :thumbsdown:

First of all Altona had many many players unavailable yesterday, I mean I am not saying we would have got anywhere near them but just saying dont base too much about where we are going on yesterdays performance. Although it was poor. we have served up way too many poor games this year.

Secondly people have been saying Altona's kids will carry us to finals in a few years time but within the club we know how much we are struggling atm. We have a very good bunch of kids down there and quite a few of them would make the 1's in the top 3 clubs, but many many players wouldn't even come close also. We have not met our expectations this year and are disappointed with our efforts, we have moved forward very minimally.
As has been said we do need some senior players to compete at this level so hopefully over the summer and nxt few years we can pick some up and along with some of the quality kids, we can work our way up to playing finals. We know we are no where near playing finals atm.

Without some quality senior players working with the kids, we know the kids want go far and it is stupid to expect them to carry us into the future, but we do some potentially very good young footballers coming through. Lets hope they can turn into these very good footballers.

Also good to see Glenorden give St Albans a shake, beat them last year and twice this year St Albans have been challenged by lower teams beating us by 17 and now Glenorden.

Also I believe Port will win the flag this year, playing off against Spotty in the GF. Think all top 6 teams are very good but believe these two are just slighty above the rest and will play off again. Would love to see someone else win it but cant see it happening this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First of all Altona had many many players unavailable yesterday, I mean I am not saying we would have got anywhere near them but just saying dont base too much about where we are going on yesterdays performance. Although it was poor. we have served up way too many poor games this year.

Secondly people have been saying Altona's kids will carry us to finals in a few years time but within the club we know how much we are struggling atm. We have a very good bunch of kids down there and quite a few of them would make the 1's in the top 3 clubs, but many many players wouldn't even come close also. We have not met our expectations this year and are disappointed with our efforts, we have moved forward very minimally.
As has been said we do need some senior players to compete at this level so hopefully over the summer and nxt few years we can pick some up and along with some of the quality kids, we can work our way up to playing finals. We know we are no where near playing finals atm.

Without some quality senior players working with the kids, we know the kids want go far and it is stupid to expect them to carry us into the future, but we do some potentially very good young footballers coming through. Lets hope they can turn into these very good footballers.

Also good to see Glenorden give St Albans a shake, beat them last year and twice this year St Albans have been challenged by lower teams beating us by 17 and now Glenorden.

Also I believe Port will win the flag this year, playing off against Spotty in the GF. Think all top 6 teams are very good but believe these two are just slighty above the rest and will play off again. Would love to see someone else win it but cant see it happening this year.

Maybe a clean out is required down at Altona. You can't just buy enough senior players to be competitive. That costs alot of money. Is there anyone at the club that can step up?

Did say Glenorden weren't as bad as people say. Expect them to get better in the next coupe of years.

St.Albans will be good. Possibly a smokey come finals time if they get some players back that have been missing. Who is still to come back into the senior team.

Port Colt are the team to beat though. Hard at it and determined. The way they play for each other puts them just that little bit in front of Spotty.

Albion have always had money though havent they? there problem was how they spent it in the past. Now that they have worked it out are having some success The bottom four are there cause they wouldnt have much money isnt it?

With those kids from Altona that you refer to have they come from a TAC background?

kegs i commend you that is the best post by an Altona person i have read and everything you have stated is exactly what i have been trying to put across. I am not an Altona hater, in fact i have a soft spot for them and just to to be realistic in where I think they are at and where they need to improve.

Good post though and i hope the club can live up to the expectations that some have placed upon it.

Also is there any truth in the fact that Altona is looking at bringing an old Viking back in Bobby Evans. Heard a whisper that he is coming back to Altona next year to take on a coaching role?

Albion have always had money though havent they? there problem was how they spent it in the past. Now that they have worked it out are having some success The bottom four are there cause they wouldnt have much money isnt it?

With those kids from Altona that you refer to have they come from a TAC background?
dont no much regarding dollars and cents department i think you could be right a couple of years ago it wasnt put into the right players more evenly spread around now getting value for money spent

dont no much regarding dollars and cents department i think you could be right a couple of years ago it wasnt put into the right players more evenly spread around now getting value for money spent

This is true D Centremen Melton and paying the phone bill to Telstra for the calling everyone in the western suburbs and stalking them to play with Albion...Someone has some deep pockets at Albion it might be the President Terry C. If he walks then what happen's then. It has Strathmore Marby Park written all over it. Invest some coin into the juniors and build from there

This is true D Centremen Melton and paying the phone bill to Telstra for the calling everyone in the western suburbs and stalking them to play with Albion...Someone has some deep pockets at Albion it might be the President Terry C. If he walks then what happen's then. It has Strathmore Marby Park written all over it. Invest some coin into the juniors and build from there

You sound like a jeleous yc man

kegs i commend you that is the best post by an Altona person i have read and everything you have stated is exactly what i have been trying to put across. I am not an Altona hater, in fact i have a soft spot for them and just to to be realistic in where I think they are at and where they need to improve.

Good post though and i hope the club can live up to the expectations that some have placed upon it.

Also is there any truth in the fact that Altona is looking at bringing an old Viking back in Bobby Evans. Heard a whisper that he is coming back to Altona next year to take on a coaching role?

I know you have not played this year, so how about you returning to us (ALTONA) in a playing coachimg role, you will not be missed at spotty and it could be a good way for you to develop as a coach and help the young group we have at altona. Maybe you could also bring Jensen back also, i'm sure with two big blokes like yourselves it could help us climb the ladder.
Also maybe keenan could return to where he played juniors and help bring them up to first division, not sure if he would make a great coach but a team could certainly be built around him.
I'm a first time poster but have been a long time reader of big footy and i'm a lover of wrfl footy, but some massive results in both divisions is destroying the league and i call on the wrfl to fix this problem asap.
We need a more even competition to keep all clubs healthy and financial, otherwise the wrfl will be a no longer in just afew short years.

I also think colts are the team to beat but there is not much difference between them and spotty, albion and hoppers will fight it out for 3rd and then the saints will be out of the finals first week, sunshine's season is over. It will be a great finals series, something positive to look forward to.

All Bubbsta,

I am not concerned or jealous Curry Man. I like to see other teams up there. Some time ago I proposed a super league in Divsion One to Divi five this is the only way to go and everybody answer's to a professional new body call it what you like. Seriously the eveness of the comp is in a dreadful state of affairs....is it good for footy? Football Vic need to address this problem now otherwise it impacts on people coming to the football. The north/west region now is massive area. We need to include Riddell District in our plans as well as EDFL amd make it one league. Start planning now I say and get it going by 2011 or 12. You know its embarrassing to see the lack of people watching football, go to a game between two top four sides and you could hold a party there and no one would know that its happening. The absolute lack of volunteers is highlighted when you arrive at match and the commitee's are running around asking for people to carry water etc. I recommend a full review of local football in the nth west area immediatley. Get this right and plan for 2011 and beyond. Anyway Ali back to work mate unless your on the docks

I know you have not played this year, so how about you returning to us (ALTONA) in a playing coachimg role, you will not be missed at spotty and it could be a good way for you to develop as a coach and help the young group we have at altona. Maybe you could also bring Jensen back also, i'm sure with two big blokes like yourselves it could help us climb the ladder.
Also maybe keenan could return to where he played juniors and help bring them up to first division, not sure if he would make a great coach but a team could certainly be built around him.
I'm a first time poster but have been a long time reader of big footy and i'm a lover of wrfl footy, but some massive results in both divisions is destroying the league and i call on the wrfl to fix this problem asap.
We need a more even competition to keep all clubs healthy and financial, otherwise the wrfl will be a no longer in just afew short years.

I also think colts are the team to beat but there is not much difference between them and spotty, albion and hoppers will fight it out for 3rd and then the saints will be out of the finals first week, sunshine's season is over. It will be a great finals series, something positive to look forward to.
Keenan played all of his juniors at Laverton. He was watching our twos on Saturday before his Senior game and still has alot of mates down there

Moonie,

Come on they are a club that works there ring off to make ends meet. They don't go out and create an envoironment that keeps people away from football. Think about this Moonie you go anywhere in Melbourne and speak about Western Region football and there response is "who are you guys, oh thats right your the comp that people don't want to play in because there's no control" The quicker people's attitude get right the better off we will be. I'm all for friendly jibes on this forum but the term's used like Spotty Dogs etc are not called for. Its people like that that make it impossible to rid this league snipers whether its on the field or off. Wake up everyone we are the one's with a crap reputation so take responsibility for it do something about it. Some comments on this forum reflect a poor attitiude when it comes to local football. Do we want to grow the game or turn it into an area that you have stand with your backs to the wall after a game. Wake up otherwise the game that we have will go.
That's my take

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back