Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/u][/b]

the cougar says:

port colts(obviously)

danny jacobs (pc) or brad murphy(hc)

mark keenan(sp)

i think dj can win the priest even though he is really turning it on now his form was very good early he has just gone up a few gears in the last 6 weeks and murphy has been the most consistant from hogans rd, probably wouldn't have many taking votes off him

yeah i agree with the fact murphy wont have many taking votes off him, so u could be rite there...DJ certainly has been in good firm, but again would have plenty taking votes off him...i thought hollow as noone at st alnbans stands out when u watch them except him. just had a look at the WRFL website and looking at the players and how many goals each has kicked and how many times they have been in the best players....good concept that...maybe u can figure out who will win priest based on that?

Thanks for the offer mate and some day i would like to coach, but only coach not play. I have taken the year off to get a few injuries right but i bleed Green and Gold mate and intend on playing on next year.
ive never coached mate,dont know how hard it would be,having watched u play think u would be a fine coach,u would have to be good at something as u cant play,so take up there offers they wont last long.thought u were good in divi 2 but.that might add something to the resume

Heard a rumour last night from a very good source that the Division 1 Qualifying Final is being played at Kings Park Reserve, St Albans home ground.
Apparantly your source is right on the money.
Werribee is unavailable for that day and the league has decided to play the game at St Albans, we will see weather Port Colts can break their drought off wins at St Albans.

Ridiculous Post. Not one ounce of truth in any of it.
Ridiculous?
Interesting that Tocka is leaving Yarraville Club to play cricket at Greenvale. He has already been approached in relation to become an assistant to Steve 'Super' Macpherson at the football club for next year. The meeting was said to be very positive and something both parties look forward too. Travvy43 no truth in this post?

Apparantly your source is right on the money.
Werribee is unavailable for that day and the league has decided to play the game at St Albans, we will see weather Port Colts can break their drought off wins at St Albans.

can also confirm this will be a night final

hi guys noticed your talking up brad murphys chances of taking out the leauge medal, although i would susspet it could b brad himself!!!!

how is he going at hoppers, is he making a difference??
an hows shannon downey going, still kicking bags of goals like in the junior days???

Well that is where the final is being played.
having a night final will be a good advertisement for the league.

Does this mean everyone can take there own alcohol to the ground like St Albans do to all other clubs in the league?
If St Albans are to take all the revenue from the game, will the league compensate the other clubs in the league?
If not it doesn't make sense that one of the richest clubs in the league get the pie and get to eat it too?:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

after reading for a while i've decided to get onboard and post.

this post is basically a summary of Albion year to date.

Getting down to the tale end of the season now and really only the three teams looking to make an inpact come finals time with Spotswood, Port & THE MIGHTY CATS fighting it out for the flag.

What a year it had been highs and lows, only a hand full of games worth watching so far which hasn't been the best of years with only 3 games decided by a goal or less and a total of 34/70 games have had margins by 100+ and another 12 by over 80+ which is not in all signs good.

At the start of the year Spotswood were the outright favorites with Port not far behind (and have both proved so far why) and Albion the underdog going into 2008 as just another "ALBION" side..

After the cats knocked the colts off in round 2, things changed. Albion grew respect, and all of a sudden became the hunted team.

After beating Sunshine in round 5 by 92 Points after Sunshine beat Spotswood, people started to think in could be Albion's year.

4 weeks later and 8-0 the cats faced the ex premiers in spotswood, many tipping Albion, but majority with the faith of Spotswood.
On that day, Spotswood proved they are the best side in the comp smashing the cats back home and leaving a question mark over there heads?? Everyone was blaming everyone that week, 5-6 players were dropped for various reasons over the next month of footy losing to Spotty, playing poor against St Albans and Altona and dropping another disapointing match against Port Colts.

That was a very bad month of football and now that the cats have a bit of depth they are finding there feet again with some very convincing performances, a full list brings back good depth to the club and form of some of the clubs champions is back in full flight.

Now with 4 weeks left what can happen? Who will finish on top with an extra chance? Who will miss out?

Top 3 is settled in my opinion, St Albans are home for 4th. But who for 5th?? Sunshine or Hoppers??.

Hoppers with Albion this week at home is a must win for Hoppers if they want to keep Sunshine out, and for Albion 1st spot is still up for grabs and they must capitalise on every match, Sunshine face Spotswood away. If they lose there season is all but over, if they win a finals berth is on the up and it could be Albion and Port fighting for 1ST spot.

In Conclusion.

A terrible year of results has accually been a good year for the WRFL, with games on Friday night, Anzac day and seeing more teams fight it out for the flag has been terrific, but with still a cloud over the bottom 4 sides. Does the leauge have benifical funds to support the bottom sides? Will it always be a 2-4 team comp? how can it improve for 2009 and the near future after to become a better and more competative leauge?

with all the ferals
great advertisement

saints may have 2 use visitors rooms
there is a fair chance that StAlbans wont be playing in this game, well for the leagues sake they hope St Albans aint because everyone will be whinging about a team playing a home final.

People are saying that most Albion players can only play one position and to take out Jason Buttina takes out half our side, to prove a point:
the following players are capable of playing in the following positions:

2.Brent Davis- FP,HFF,R,C
3.Matthew Davis-BP,HBF,W,R
4.Aaron Tymms-BP,R (Fantastic tagger, Spend majority seniors 07 as a tagger.)
5.Brad Hewit-HFF,W,C
6.Mark Caruso-FP,HFF
7.Steve Zavarlos-HBF,C,HFF
8.Justin Dorward-C,R,FP
9.Andrew Knezavic-FP,HFF,R
10.Matthew Bettin-C,BP,FP,HFF,
11.John Haldane-Ruck,CHB,CHF,FB,BP,FP,FF
12.Stuart Vimpany-W,HFF,C,R
13.Chris Hall-BP,R,C
14.Jarred Magnabosco-FP,HFF,W,HBF,BP
16.Michael Turner-R,C,FP
17.Blake Richards-W,HBF,CHF,HFF,RUCK
18.James Stepens-CHF,HFF,W
19.Clinton Foreman-FB,BP,CHB,CHF,FP,RUCK
20.Adam Fenton-CHF,HFF,FP,FF
23.Corey Thomas-CHF,FF,FP,RUCK,W
26.Brendan Dixon-FB,CHB,FP,RUCK
29.Cameron Barker-ANYWHERE
30.Raymond Newman-BP,HBF
31.Troy Kelm-RUCK,FF,FP
33.Jason Buttina-FF,CHF,R
36.Jarrad Middleton-CHB,HBF,CHF
39.Chris Williams-CHF,CHB,HBF

Hey Rock and Cougarman what is your opinion on the night final at St Albans seeing that their is a fair chance that Port Colts will be involved.

I will be happy to play a finals game anywhere, especially a familar ground like st.albans and a night final would be fantastic. It would alo mean we have finished top 3, something we aimed for at the start of the year.
St.albans themselves can't be involved in the game so there goes the any negative for us, but would even be happy to play them in a final at their ground, finals are a different game.

Hey Rock and Cougarman what is your opinion on the night final at St Albans seeing that their is a fair chance that Port Colts will be involved.

don't have a problem playing there, my only concern would be facilities, i think the change rooms are very poor and the ground is not too flash

i thought finals should be played at the best grounds and facilities but the only tick for kings park are the lights, but if we have to play there we will get on with the job the best side will win regardless of venue

don't have a problem playing there, my only concern would be facilities, i think the change rooms are very poor and the ground is not too flash

i thought finals should be played at the best grounds and facilities but the only tick for kings park are the lights, but if we have to play there we will get on with the job the best side will win regardless of venue
I have been told the ground is in ok condition but the away change rooms would be a concern so i guess you will just have to finish 2nd.
i think it would be good for the league and a massive crowd would be expected as it isnt miles away from other leagues i can imagine alot of edfl supporters coming to watch especially at night.

Doesnt the end of St Albans ground away from the change rooms open up onto a street or something? The league would have to be thinking of ways to close that off or they would lose all of their gate takings.

Or maybe they are trusting enough to think that everone wil come through the front gate and pay their 45 bucks to watch!!! I can't remember exactly what it cost last year but it was too much!!

Why not play at Yarraville? Always enjoyed playing finals there, good ground & good atmosphere. Not alot of parking close by but for 1 week of finals wouldn't hurt to have to walk for 5 minutes. St Albans is a shit hole full of shitmen.

People are saying that most Albion players can only play one position and to take out Jason Buttina takes out half our side, to prove a point:
the following players are capable of playing in the following positions:

2.Brent Davis- FP,HFF,R,C
3.Matthew Davis-BP,HBF,W,R
4.Aaron Tymms-BP,R (Fantastic tagger, Spend majority seniors 07 as a tagger.)
5.Brad Hewit-HFF,W,C
6.Mark Caruso-FP,HFF
7.Steve Zavarlos-HBF,C,HFF
8.Justin Dorward-C,R,FP
9.Andrew Knezavic-FP,HFF,R
10.Matthew Bettin-C,BP,FP,HFF,
11.John Haldane-Ruck,CHB,CHF,FB,BP,FP,FF
12.Stuart Vimpany-W,HFF,C,R
13.Chris Hall-BP,R,C
14.Jarred Magnabosco-FP,HFF,W,HBF,BP
16.Michael Turner-R,C,FP
17.Blake Richards-W,HBF,CHF,HFF,RUCK
18.James Stepens-CHF,HFF,W
19.Clinton Foreman-FB,BP,CHB,CHF,FP,RUCK
20.Adam Fenton-CHF,HFF,FP,FF
23.Corey Thomas-CHF,FF,FP,RUCK,W
26.Brendan Dixon-FB,CHB,FP,RUCK
29.Cameron Barker-ANYWHERE
30.Raymond Newman-BP,HBF
31.Troy Kelm-RUCK,FF,FP
33.Jason Buttina-FF,CHF,R
36.Jarrad Middleton-CHB,HBF,CHF
39.Chris Williams-CHF,CHB,HBF

wow
give them the flag now

what about that zerafa

Ridiculous?
Interesting that Tocka is leaving Yarraville Club to play cricket at Greenvale. He has already been approached in relation to become an assistant to Steve 'Super' Macpherson at the football club for next year. The meeting was said to be very positive and something both parties look forward too. Travvy43 no truth in this post?

Ridiculous was the word Kingsville & still is. If Tocks does go to Greenvale CC it is because a very good friend in Andrew Pizaro will be coaching them. Piza was our fitness coach for a time & helped out during pre-season this year. As for Greenvale FC, I believe the word used by Travvy & myself sums it up.

Cheers
Skut

Ridiculous was the word Kingsville & still is. If Tocks does go to Greenvale CC it is because a very good friend in Andrew Pizaro will be coaching them. Piza was our fitness coach for a time & helped out during pre-season this year. As for Greenvale FC, I believe the word used by Travvy & myself sums it up.

Cheers
Skut

Must have pulled that greenvale comment from big cricket? Knowing Tocka very well he is very loyal. Would take mega bucks and I mean mega to get him away from YCCC. In regard to Sunshine I would suggest that he may like to spend more time with his young family and that would be the only reason he would not coach Sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back