Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoooooooooonerrrrrr ;)
Spooner highly rated by the Colts, and will be the future of the comp (as long as he doesnt get stolen by richer comps) but at the moment Chris Brannan ticks every box. Another bloke that goes well in the air is Brad Julier never drops em the big fella and just competes all day. Keenan does seem to drop many either number 25 for Hoppers has got a good set of hands as well, i think his name is Pope or something he went well on the weekend.

D Jacobs for the Priest he bathed Murphy on the weekend

Well i'll buy into the best hands debate. It seems the colts boys are a bit bias but in being Spotty bias i'd have to take Keenan. Don't get me wrong i think Brannan's hands a fantastic but i think that when you have played with someone weekend week out you see more of what they can do as the colts boys with Brannan and i with Crackers. Best hands i have seen in the league for brute strength with mits. Tim Trail for Spotty 2001, 2002. He couldn't really jump but his hands were by far the strongest marking mits i have ever seen!
Crackers kicked 8/10 on the weekend should have had 15!

number 25 for Hoppers has got a good set of hands as well, i think his name is Pope or something he went well on the weekend.
Page. All good and well to take marks inside 50, but what did he kick? 1.3 or something and fired one into the man on the mark too. Did take some good marks in the second half though you're right.

Turned up expecting to watch a contest but it was over five minutes in. One side was switched on and the other one wasnt. Some of the best marks on the weekend were complimented by some of the more insipid defensive and spoiling attempts I've seen in a while.

Its hard to believe how tiny the Colts ground is given its surrounded by so much parkland. Looks like they're suited to playing on a small ground, I think they went through unbeaten at home for the season.

Well i'll buy into the best hands debate. It seems the colts boys are a bit bias but in being Spotty bias i'd have to take Keenan. Don't get me wrong i think Brannan's hands a fantastic but i think that when you have played with someone weekend week out you see more of what they can do as the colts boys with Brannan and i with Crackers. Best hands i have seen in the league for brute strength with mits. Tim Trail for Spotty 2001, 2002. He couldn't really jump but his hands were by far the strongest marking mits i have ever seen!
Crackers kicked 8/10 on the weekend should have had 15!

Crackers and brannan both can take a grab, so let's just leave it at that brannan played chf on the week-end and had about 6 opponents, towled them all, cracker should have kicked more but look at the opposition, brannan had another goal that the ump said was touched on the line that clearly wasn't and another disallowed should of had 14 with a bit of luck, easily the best individual performance i have seen in this league and d.jacobs had 50 touches up against b. murphy.
Da vinci ask logan about the brannan performance he witnessed it first hand.
A pleasing performance for us , as we were without, mcgregor, who has been our best forward,hoath he has been in our top 5 all year and millen has been our best backmen.

Back to crackers, i think he has about 87 goals for the year, great effort and i hope he gets the ton after just missing it last year, with at least 4 games to go he should get there.
I also agree with wrflfan young spooner is a gun and at 21 will be a top player in this comp for the next decade, he has about 75 goals, so he may even go close to the ton himself.

Crackers and brannan both can take a grab, so let's just leave it at that brannan played chf on the week-end and had about 6 opponents, towled them all, cracker should have kicked more but look at the opposition, brannan had another goal that the ump said was touched on the line that clearly wasn't and another disallowed should of had 14 with a bit of luck, easily the best individual performance i have seen in this league and d.jacobs had 50 touches up against b. murphy.
Da vinci ask logan about the brannan performance he witnessed it first hand.
A pleasing performance for us , as we were without, mcgregor, who has been our best forward,hoath he has been in our top 5 all year and millen has been our best backmen.

Back to crackers, i think he has about 87 goals for the year, great effort and i hope he gets the ton after just missing it last year, with at least 4 games to go he should get there.
I also agree with wrflfan young spooner is a gun and at 21 will be a top player in this comp for the next decade, he has about 75 goals, so he may even go close to the ton himself.

A few things Rock
1) Get ready for the week's rest in the finals
2) The WRFL show blokes were giving Hoppers heaps about a lack of commitment. Where they that bad?
3) Please tell me that Brannan played on Phippsy for most of the day. Reckon Phipps thought that the more marks Brannan took, the more Phipps would get in his pay packet, haha. Gotta question the boy's though processes.

Did Dean Portelli umpire the Colts/Hoppers game Saturday, overheard him talking about their effort, yesterday at the junior finals.
Reckons that they will be hard to beat in this years finals, and said the Danny Jacobs game was one of the best games by a player in the W.R.F.L.

I know that this may sound silly to some but I'll post my thoughts anyway.

Although the game was a whitewash, I was impressed with the boys from West and their hardness at the pill. They didn't look like giving up all day. It would have been easy for them to go the knuckle and turn the game into a farce but they kept going and encouraging each other.
It's easy to sink the boot into a struggling club but there was no questioning their guts.

Not sure how many fled the club after the divvy two flag and why but they should have come down to the old tip yesterday and witnessed some real G&D. Well done West, hope things get better not too far down the track.

just a pity about the crap coming from there coaching staff.

so what was your thoughts on the debut of Wood and Knight?
imo they both performed really well knighta was good in tight great disposal.
woody was very impressive nice left foot goal in 3rd quart, 4 goals for the game great roving off the tall forwards
these 2 as well as the form of noye, isbister and pope was a highlight.
also good to see these boys get plenty of gametime.
would be good to give these another go this week against the saints.

A few things Rock
1) Get ready for the week's rest in the finals
2) The WRFL show blokes were giving Hoppers heaps about a lack of commitment. Where they that bad?
3) Please tell me that Brannan played on Phippsy for most of the day. Reckon Phipps thought that the more marks Brannan took, the more Phipps would get in his pay packet, haha. Gotta question the boy's though processes.

No phippsy was on me all day and for some strange reason the coach did not put their best defender on to brannan.....even phippsy was asking to have a crack at brannan and even some ex senior hoppers players were yelling out for phipps to go on to brannan but the move just didn't come.

Did Dean Portelli umpire the Colts/Hoppers game Saturday, overheard him talking about their effort, yesterday at the junior finals.
Reckons that they will be hard to beat in this years finals, and said the Danny Jacobs game was one of the best games by a player in the W.R.F.L.

Yes dean umpired, hoppers had a bad day as we did when we played them at home. Most clubs have had their off days this year, so i wouldn't read to much into it.
Yes we will be hard to beat come finals time but so will albion and spotty without doubt are the team to beat , so much depth and class and are not at full strength yet....SCARY

I heard a few players have walked out down at Albion??

Any Albion people give an update on that?

also, on Saturday, Did Jacobs and Murphy go head to head?? if so, who got the honours?

also, on Saturday, Did Jacobs and Murphy go head to head?? if so, who got the honours?
Bit unfair on Murphy comparing the two players. One bloke would still be playing at the highest level if not for a dodgy hip, and the other didn't quite make it at AFL level. The game on saturday reflected that.

Not quite sure if they went HD to HD but Jacobs was the better player. Murphy was not the worst for Hoppers though...That award went to the entire coaching panel.

West were celebrating Saturday night as they expected to lose by 40 goals and kept the margin to 38. They did hope however to score 2 or 3 goals but only managed the one. Oh well.

Curious in regards to West player Lika. I know that if I played every senior game for the season and was dropped for a grand final for a guy who had a snapped knee just so he could sit on the bench and get a madal, I would have a bit more pride than to come back and play the year after. Yes team comes first but self pride is pretty important especially when you play your whole life for a flag.

Looks like Albion have dropped off a bit, hopefully can get back to early form to make finals more interesting. Looking forward to getting down there for the 1988 reserves premiership reunion in August.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite sure if they went HD to HD but Jacobs was the better player. Murphy was not the worst for Hoppers though...That award went to the entire coaching panel.

Cant understand their reluctance to make moves from the bench, after seeing their whiteboard which is bigger than me...lol.

Then again perhaps that may have been the problem too few magnets to fill in the many gaps.

Think there will be a coaching vacancy at Hoppers next year. Think Frost showed his inner workings perfectly with how Fraser was treated.

Hope they don't make the finals. No time for a club that wouldn't clear a guy to a battling second division club til he paid the money for a raffle ticket that he didn't sell 2 years ago.

Think there will be a coaching vacancy at Hoppers next year. Think Frost showed his inner workings perfectly with how Fraser was treated.

Hope they don't make the finals. No time for a club that wouldn't clear a guy to a battling second division club til he paid the money for a raffle ticket that he didn't sell 2 years ago.
not correct used ticket to attend function but DIDNTpay for same.

not correct used ticket to attend function but DIDNT pay for same.

As Rock pointed out, every club can have a bad day now and again.

Its not the end of the world.

One thing you have been criticised for before is for playing too much of a "Foreign Legion" and for playing "expensive recruits" ahead of your younger blokes.

This cant be said for Saturday and as is the case, younger blokes peak and trough more than their experience team mates.

For your sake lets hope they chalk it down to experience and quickly move on.

Im pretty sure he has signed for the next year but it appears some people have been treated unfairly. There are blokes happily running around in the seconds and dont want to play in the seniors.

i doubt that would happen, the club is in the best position it has been in over the last 20 yrs finals for the 2nd yr in a row and a top 3 finish would have thought the cats personel would be pretty happy

anyone else heard anything or can we put this one to bed

No phippsy was on me all day and for some strange reason the coach did not put their best defender on to brannan.....even phippsy was asking to have a crack at brannan and even some ex senior hoppers players were yelling out for phipps to go on to brannan but the move just didn't come.

At least he was willing to have a crack. Got to give him that. I'm not sure what Frosty would have been thinking, if at all. Even if the move did come, it wouldn't have made any difference. When Brannan is on, he is on!

just a pity about the crap coming from there coaching staff.

so what was your thoughts on the debut of Wood and Knight?
imo they both performed really well knighta was good in tight great disposal.
woody was very impressive nice left foot goal in 3rd quart, 4 goals for the game great roving off the tall forwards
these 2 as well as the form of noye, isbister and pope was a highlight.
also good to see these boys get plenty of gametime.
would be good to give these another go this week against the saints.

Wood and Knight are likely types but I wouldn't say too much until I see them against better opposition. Knight's disposal was very good and Wood played some smart footy.

Not sure what will happen this week against the saints. May have a few coming back so the boys may get edged out. Either way, they've had a taste, all be it against a struggling team. Just being exposed to the demands of the coaching staff would have been a good experience.

I saw the coach get kneed in the head accidently. The kid who did it went over to him and apologized and copped a mouthful for his trouble, haha. Lets hope the boys show the same lack of understanding and mongrel over the next month.

Bit unfair on Murphy comparing the two players. One bloke would still be playing at the highest level if not for a dodgy hip, and the other didn't quite make it at AFL level. The game on saturday reflected that.

Pretty well summed up D.Jacobs is not only a class above B.Murphy, he has no peer in the comp. Without putting to much pressure on Danny if he doesnt win the comp medal it would be the biggest disgrace in the history of the WRFL. He is just a super player and you can see why he was a succesful AFL player.

keep on raping phippsy up,it will go to his head and he will start playing the way he can,having played with the **** i no he likes all the talk,dont no if his up to brannan,rock if he got on top of u y didnt u knock him out again im sure most people would be on your side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back