Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a pity about the crap coming from there coaching staff.

so what was your thoughts on the debut of Wood and Knight?
imo they both performed really well knighta was good in tight great disposal.
woody was very impressive nice left foot goal in 3rd quart, 4 goals for the game great roving off the tall forwards
these 2 as well as the form of noye, isbister and pope was a highlight.
also good to see these boys get plenty of gametime.
would be good to give these another go this week against the saints.
just hope they get a go against the big boys they might be able to gage were there at,id hope knight with 20 odd p and wood with 4 goals the boys would be able to stake a claim for next week,only time will tell,with a few coming back in i think the coaching panel needs to start looking at in form players,lets not forget finals are just around the corner

keep on raping phippsy up,it will go to his head and he will start playing the way he can,having played with the **** i no he likes all the talk,dont no if his up to brannan,rock if he got on top of u y didnt u knock him out again im sure most people would be on your side

Don't think he relly got on top of me, just the boys stuck to the game plan and went to brannan as much as possible and it worked, i doubt very much if phipps could have stopped him.

I think the first game DJ played was against Albion...........looked like he's injury was a bigger problem than most thought but watching him against us at their home ground [BOG that day]and then hearing him on the radio, as he stated, it was him trying to adjust to the lesser level of WRFL which he has taken on and obviously now the stand out player of comp. ALL respect and commendation goes to DJ not just for making the AFL but for giving so much to the WRFL, there have been a few ex-AFL players such as AJ who give nothing [a few goals] and wanted everything $$$$$, stay for a few years & take off.

Hopefully he has a few more years in him.:thumbsu:

I think the first game DJ played was against Albion...........looked like he's injury was a bigger problem than most thought but watching him against us at their home ground [BOG that day]and then hearing him on the radio, as he stated, it was him trying to adjust to the lesser level of WRFL which he has taken on and obviously now the stand out player of comp. ALL respect and commendation goes to DJ not just for making the AFL but for giving so much to the WRFL, there have been a few ex-AFL players such as AJ who give nothing [a few goals] and wanted everything $$$$$, stay for a few years & take off.

Hopefully he has a few more years in him.:thumbsu:

INKA, it's about time you made some sense, those comments after albion beat the coltsin rd 2 were way off the mark, you pissed me off big time, luckily for you i had my son with me...hahaha, It was dj's first game and he was still one of our better players and now easily the best player in the comp and easily the best i have seen in the wrfl, with all due respect to frosty, i didn't see every week.

PICMAN how did young jack go on the week end????
Did you enjoy the game on saturday???
sat was a pretty awesome display (not pissing in your pocket) how good was squizzy he could play for another 5 years sun we won by 7pts in extra time after game being a draw hard day at the office:thumbsu:

INKA, it's about time you made some sense, those comments after albion beat the coltsin rd 2 were way off the mark, you pissed me off big time, luckily for you i had my son with me...hahaha, It was dj's first game and he was still one of our better players and now easily the best player in the comp and easily the best i have seen in the wrfl, with all due respect to frosty, i didn't see every week.

Could be for the next few years, even if two play on him each week.............the presence, the instructions he shouts out, by far the best!

By any chance, would he go to another comp where more ex-AFl players play or has he had his time in the big league and happy to play with mates and family? Would be a huge loss to the WRFL in general!

Also can CATSELECTION come out of hiding!:)

sat was a pretty awesome display (not pissing in your pocket) how good was squizzy he could play for another 5 years sun we won by 7pts in extra time after game being a draw hard day at the office:thumbsu:

Yes the squiz is a extraordinary athlete...does not look the part.
Great effort mate, must have been the coaching that got them over the line

Yes the squiz is a extraordinary athlete...does not look the part.
Great effort mate, must have been the coaching that got them over the line
not me mate boys did really well worked hard in very trying conditions freezing cold pissing rain at willy it was the same for both teams

Could be for the next few years, even if two play on him each week.............the presence, the instructions he shouts out, by far the best!

By any chance, would he go to another comp where more ex-AFl players play or has he had his time in the big league and happy to play with mates and family? Would be a huge loss to the WRFL in general!

Also can CATSELECTION come out of hiding!:)

Yep very good point about D Jacobs and his instructions. I'm dead set he won the game for Colts when they beat Spotty the first time this year. The second time his brother went nuts, brought his own footy and racked up the p's without anyone going near him. Neither of them will go anywhere until they've won a flag together. Great chance of doing it this year as I think the Colts are a better side than last year. Even then, they'll stick around.

As for CATSELECTION, he'll be around, especially if they beat Spotty in rnd 18. They'll all be tuning up the band and greasing the wheels of the wagon!

just hope they get a go against the big boys they might be able to gage were there at,id hope knight with 20 odd p and wood with 4 goals the boys would be able to stake a claim for next week,only time will tell,with a few coming back in i think the coaching panel needs to start looking at in form players,lets not forget finals are just around the corner

agree 100%
IMO theres at least 3 senior players that could do with a run in the 2s to try and get some form leading into the finals, St Albans are running a very young senior side so will do Woody and Knighta good.

agree 100%
IMO theres at least 3 senior players that could do with a run in the 2s to try and get some form leading into the finals, St Albans are running a very young senior side so will do Woody and Knighta good.

3 players could be
sinnott was good against hoppers but quiet since
pelar cant recall him being in best this year
wilson has been quiet of late
only thing if they go down might not get back up, puhar finding it hard to get back into 1s

Thanks to everyone who Supported the Darren Green Fundraiser at the Sunshine Football club, what a night - we raise over $40K for Darren to support him through this time. It was great to see so many clubs offer their assistance from both 1st and 2nd division. With over 320 people in attendance the night went off with a bang.
Darren was overwhelmed by the support. Thanks again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep very good point about D Jacobs and his instructions. I'm dead set he won the game for Colts when they beat Spotty the first time this year. The second time his brother went nuts, brought his own footy and racked up the p's without anyone going near him. Neither of them will go anywhere until they've won a flag together. Great chance of doing it this year as I think the Colts are a better side than last year. Even then, they'll stick around.

As for CATSELECTION, he'll be around, especially if they beat Spotty in rnd 18. They'll all be tuning up the band and greasing the wheels of the wagon!

havn't gone into hiding I just find there is nothing to talk about down at Albion for the time.

Was a dismal lose against Hoppers crossing the conditions were shocking, not taking anything away from hoppers though, they deserved the win on the day, come finals time things will change.

We got over the line on the weekend against Glenorden, a poor performance without Steve & Justin, yet good signs with many younger guys in Chris Hall & Brad Hewit playing good football.

With two rounds left against Yarra and Spotty I can't see us losing a 3rd spot on the ladder and a night final is almost certain.

Still probably 3-4 blokes who havn't really proved themselves and would want to lift in the next two if they want to play seniors finals.

3 players could be
sinnott was good against hoppers but quiet since
pelar cant recall him being in best this year
wilson has been quiet of late
only thing if they go down might not get back up, puhar finding it hard to get back into 1s
not bad choices,puhar in pelar out is probably the way to go,not sure how many were rested last week, should be an interesting selection crisas on thursday, should they keep the new boys, might be a few noses out of joint

not bad choices,puhar in pelar out is probably the way to go,not sure how many were rested last week, should be an interesting selection crisas on thursday, should they keep the new boys, might be a few noses out of joint

Molan, McGhie & Harris to come back in this week. Langlands is also back from injury and Puhar and Murat playing well in the 2's along with a couple of others. Murat tagged Hollow out of it last time against St Albans apparently. 2 young guys played very well last week and Wilson, Pelar and Sinnot (as mentioned) havent done anything wrong so they would be unlucky to miss out aswell. There will definitely be at least a couple of disappointed players. Its a good position to be in though.

Molan, McGhie & Harris to come back in this week. Langlands is also back from injury and Puhar and Murat playing well in the 2's along with a couple of others. Murat tagged Hollow out of it last time against St Albans apparently. 2 young guys played very well last week and Wilson, Pelar and Sinnot (as mentioned) havent done anything wrong so they would be unlucky to miss out aswell. There will definitely be at least a couple of disappointed players. Its a good position to be in though.
looks like the kids might miss out then.still think puhar would be a better option then pelar though, nothing against the man,just think puhar is a better tap ruckmen also can take a grab every now and then, so to me this puts puhar just in front.lets not forget one has only one eye so really hes miles infront

Murat was ok but Hollow (who I'd never seen before) was still very effective. I think some may have overrated Murat's performance. The young blokes will not play senior finals, I'd say that's a given. They should just enjoy the experience and set their sights on next year.

I reckon Pelar, Wilson and Sinnot will play out the year and others will make way for those coming back. If they were ever going to be dropped it would have happened earlier. Obviously the coach has a bit of faith in them so can't see it happening. I reckon Sinnot's been good in the games I've seen so I'm not sure why he's being brought up. The other two have had a bit of a roller coaster ride.

Thought with only two weeks to go i would have a crack at team of the year, obviously i don't see opposition teams every week and i will probably be a bit biased but let's see how it comes out

BACKS TAYLOR (COLTS), BONNETT, SABLICH

H/BACKS SAVALAS, MANGAN, ARENA

CENTRES HOLLOW, D.JACOBS, RICHARDS

H/FWDS BRANNAN, KEENAN, FOLEY

FWDS O'KEEFE, SPOONER, BUTTINA

RUCKS JULIER, B. MURPHY, HARRIS

INTER BARKER, KELM, HOATH, MCGREGOR, B. JACOBS, JOHNS, KELLY, PHIPPS, D FITZPATRICK, LINTON, DORWOOD, AGIUS

A very hard task, went with the dream team theme and picked a squad of 30. Give me your thoughts people, who should have been in from your club that i missed, or who have i over rated.
I would love to coach this team against the edfl or efl.

Thought with only two weeks to go i would have a crack at team of the year, obviously i don't see opposition teams every week and i will probably be a bit biased but let's see how it comes out

BACKS TAYLOR (COLTS), BONNETT, SABLICH

H/BACKS SAVALAS, MANGAN, ARENA

CENTRES HOLLOW, D.JACOBS, RICHARDS

H/FWDS BRANNAN, KEENAN, FOLEY

FWDS O'KEEFE, SPOONER, BUTTINA

RUCKS JULIER, B. MURPHY, HARRIS

INTER BARKER, KELM, HOATH, MCGREGOR, B. JACOBS, JOHNS, KELLY, PHIPPS, D FITZPATRICK, LINTON, DORWOOD, AGIUS

A very hard task, went with the dream team theme and picked a squad of 30. Give me your thoughts people, who should have been in from your club that i missed, or who have i over rated.
I would love to coach this team against the edfl or efl.
It is always tough to do this as you only see other teams twice a year and Rock i am not having a go at your selections but i doubt Richards,Aguis and Mangan would make team of the year with the amount of footy that they have missed this year.
This is obviously biased but i think D Scott and C Brown from St Albans have had great years and deserve a mention.
Having Spooner in front of Butina is also controversial maybe Keenan and FF and Butina and Spooner in the pockets.

Just interested as to why McGhie didnt play against West on the weekend was it through injury or was he cautious about playing against his old mans club.

It is always tough to do this as you only see other teams twice a year and Rock i am not having a go at your selections but i doubt Richards,Aguis and Mangan would make team of the year with the amount of footy that they have missed this year.
This is obviously biased but i think D Scott and C Brown from St Albans have had great years and deserve a mention.
Having Spooner in front of Butina is also controversial maybe Keenan and FF and Butina and Spooner in the pockets.

Thought the three highlighted were still classy enough to warrant a spot, and d scott is not far behind kelm, and brown also stiff.
As for spooner, i rate him higher than buttina and i think spooner has really gone to another level the secon half of this year.He has also kicked more bags of 5 or more than buttina.

Thought the three highlighted were still classy enough to warrant a spot, and d scott is not far behind kelm, and brown also stiff.
As for spooner, i rate him higher than buttina and i think spooner has really gone to another level the secon half of this year.He has also kicked more bags of 5 or more than buttina.
Yeah i agree that those 3 players are all of quality but when picking a team of the year games played will come into it but i would definently have those 3 in any rep side that i am picking.
Your comments on Spooner are also interesting and i tend to agree that Spooner is more consistent than Butina.

I think even Mango would admit that his form and number of games played wouldnt warrant a spot in the team this year. We have been a much more even team this year apparently, with the continued improvement of the likes of Sablich, Isbister and Noye and the inclusion of McGhie, Okeefe, Sinnot and a reasonably injury free Molan there havent been too many standouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back