Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
he was there alright and wouldnt fly the flag he was to busy lagging to the umpire about what steve done all he had to do was grab a jumper and show he wasnt going to cop that shit so enlighten us razor what went thru your head

Grizzley - you stupid, stupid person. The incident occurred almost in the centre circle before the ball was bounced for the start of the 3rd quarter. 2 of the 3 field umpires were right there. I suppose you would come in and inflamed the situation. Remember (or I suppose that you don't) that players who come in after an incident are liable for report. The player struck got up to take his resultant free kick.

As for Savalas, he refused to take the 2 weeks offerred by the Umpires after the game then when someone thought about it for him he thought maybe he shouldn't go to the tribunal so he tells the WRFL on the Monday that he can't make it to the tribunal and takes the 2 weeks. How long has that crap been going on? Felt Guilty did he??

Grizzley, best your get your own on field house in order before you start potting the disciplined actions of others.

As for Savalas, he refused to take the 2 weeks offerred by the Umpires after the game then when someone thought about it for him he thought maybe he shouldn't go to the tribunal so he tells the WRFL on the Monday that he can't make it to the tribunal and takes the 2 weeks. How long has that crap been going on? Felt Guilty did he??

Grizzley, best your get your own on field house in order before you start potting the disciplined actions of others.

With savalas missing over the next two weeks, the cats are going to need some real leaders to stand up, steve is a great player but he leads very well on the ground also, which albion need.
They have put themselves in a good position to finish top 3 and they do have alot of quality players but they need to consolidate their top 3 spot over the next few weeks.

Albion have the WORST forward line of all 6 contending for the finals.
Buttina is the only good forward noone else has been dangerous...the so called c-train is the most overrated player in the leauge he cannot!! get a kick and when he does he lets everybody know about it. he didn't get a kick against us, either did the other forwards. buttina kicked 9 and he was the only other stand out. albion need to look OUTSIDE the leauge

ur a dill where did all the goals come from when albion beat ur side by 92 points and u have the nerv 2 say they have the worst forward line in the top 6 contenders... what number did u wear super star ?

he was there alright and wouldnt fly the flag he was to busy lagging to the umpire about what steve done all he had to do was grab a jumper and show he wasnt going to cop that shit so enlighten us razor what went thru your head

In the end, Spotty win by over one hundred points, Steve gets some time off for what appeared to be an unnecessary act. Whether someone grabbed a jumper, lagged, or ran away like a little girl doesn't really matter now. The bigger man got up and took his kick. Apparently he played pretty well after that. The side with better focus on the pill won...by heaps.

It's amazing that we get preoccupied with the reactions rather than the initial incident. What's more important Grizzly, winning a game of footy or showing off your sizeable balls? Rock may tell you that a couple of undisciplined acts didn't help Colt's cause in last year's grand final. It certainly didn't appear to help Albion against Spotty.

In the end, Spotty win by over one hundred points, Steve gets some time off for what appeared to be an unnecessary act. Whether someone grabbed a jumper, lagged, or ran away like a little girl doesn't really matter now. The bigger man got up and took his kick. Apparently he played pretty well after that. The side with better focus on the pill won...by heaps.

It's amazing that we get preoccupied with the reactions rather than the initial incident. What's more important Grizzly, winning a game of footy or showing off your sizeable balls? Rock may tell you that a couple of undisciplined acts didn't help Colt's cause in last year's grand final. It certainly didn't appear to help Albion against Spotty.

I thought our discipline was fine, you mite be referring to a 50m paid for late contact after a mark, late in the last quarter, hardly undisciplined. The player in question mentioned that the late contact was due to the sun being in his eyes....up to you if you believe his version of events.
I think our inaccuracy in front of goal was more our undoing, we dominated the first 20 mins of the last quarter and kicked 2.7, which hurt us in the end. Also your coach's smother and goal inspired his team that was just about gone. At the end of the day you guy's won the game but my point is it was definately not undisciplined acts that cost us.

I thought our discipline was fine, you mite be referring to a 50m paid for late contact after a mark, late in the last quarter, hardly undisciplined. The player in question mentioned that the late contact was due to the sun being in his eyes....up to you if you believe his version of events.
I think our inaccuracy in front of goal was more our undoing, we dominated the first 20 mins of the last quarter and kicked 2.7, which hurt us in the end. Also your coach's smother and goal inspired his team that was just about gone. At the end of the day you guy's won the game but my point is it was definately not undisciplined acts that cost us.

i thought colts discipline was ok on the day they were hard all day as always attempting to intimidate the opposition but hey it was a GF nothing to point a finger at. They did have many opportunities to put us away but they failed. Between luke and richies smothers, sluggers inspirational run down the wing we managed to get fired up when it counted while we were stil in reach of the cup. Wish i could have played a bigger part on the day, but my body was very angry at me LOL

i thought colts discipline was ok on the day they were hard all day as always attempting to intimidate the opposition but hey it was a GF nothing to point a finger at. They did have many opportunities to put us away but they failed. Between luke and richies smothers, sluggers inspirational run down the wing we managed to get fired up when it counted while we were stil in reach of the cup. Wish i could have played a bigger part on the day, but my body was very angry at me LOL

Me to, but no excuse for me......

Yeah Tyquin played all his junior footy at Hoppers.
Altona do have some talented kids coming through but they are all mid sized so for them to be pushing for finals in the next few years they will have to go out and recruit some quality key position players, which is easier said than done.

Tyquin was hoppers for all his juniors

But dont be suprised if he leaves Altona for Glen Orden very soon,

Strong family links with the club

I didn't bring it up as a major reason for the loss but acts that are undisciplined or questionable can spark the opposition. If the sun was in his eyes, then I feel for the poor bugger. At the time, it didn't look like it, and seemed out of character for the player in question and even I said 'Oh nah, what was he thinking?" The other incident involved Keenan copping a high one which didn't seem accidental. It rattled the old nuts and bolts in the skull a bit. No matter what spin anyone else can put on it, that was undisciplined. Spotty again kicked up a gear when it looked like you had it all over them. I don't think it was just a coincidence.

So no, Rock, I agree it didn't lose you the game and I also agree with Davinci that the game was played in good hard spirit. A fantastic game of footy that could have gone either way.

Goal Kicking:

Kennan $1.90
Buttina $3.50
Others: $10

Comp Medal:

Hollow: $6.50
Hoath: $8.00
B.Murphy:10
Kelly:$15

anyone else care to give it a crack?[/quote]

wat odds you give for Buttina-B Murphy?

It was De Bruyn or something, wasn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goal Kicking:

Kennan $1.90
Buttina $3.50

Comp Medal:

anyone else care to give it a crack?

Hollow? has he had much of a season to date??? hes been injured hasnt he. Id say Julier, Harris, Quinn, B Murhpy, O'Keffe, Buttina and maybe Dell. I know Hoath is getting better as the season goes on as with D Jacobs.
Then theres blokes that deserve votes but dont get them one from our club would be B Jacobs, im sure every club has a few. Its a midfielders award have many backman of forwards(beside Rock07) ever won it

Hollow? has he had much of a season to date??? hes been injured hasnt he. Id say Julier, Harris, Quinn, B Murhpy, O'Keffe, Buttina and maybe Dell. I know Hoath is getting better as the season goes on as with D Jacobs.
Then theres blokes that deserve votes but dont get them one from our club would be B Jacobs, im sure every club has a few. Its a midfielders award have many backman of forwards(beside Rock07) ever won it

In 2004 Galea won the goal kicking and the priest 2006 rock did the same. I don't know a backman who has won it in the last 12 years?

Goal Kicking:

Kennan $1.90
Buttina $3.50

Comp Medal:

wat odds you give for Buttina-B Murphy?[/quote]

give me $100 on keenan & okeefe & keenen & murphy

I think you mean barker their wrflfan.
I agree with you. i don't think hollow has had a huge impact but that's just going on the best players.
B.jacobs for us has had a solid year but in the past has not been a big vote getter, but he could poll some extra votes now his brother is their to help him. I think julier is in better form than his first year and is always in the play, but with d.jacobs, brannan,hoath and mcgregor all polling votes it may hurt his chances.
From other teams i think buttina and keenan are the obvious chances and o'keefe from spotty, i'm sure would capture the umps eye's, but murphy is probably the one player that's stood out at hoppers with not many of his team mates taking votes of him.
No offence to the umps but they generally have no idea who plays well and it's not an easy job, so who ever wins will be lucky....as i was.
In round 1 mcgregor kicked 10 goals and both field umpires had no idea.

Goal Kicking:

Kennan $1.90
Buttina $3.50

Comp Medal:

wat odds you give for Buttina-B Murphy?[/quote]

Troy Kelm for Albion would have to be up there. He has been in the top 5 for 7 out of 9 weeks. He is a great player - fair and the umps like him.

Wasnt it against St Albans?

Mate out of all the names you could have picked you choose that. Well done

Yeah meant Barker always been a gun, Dell would be very handy for Albion this as they lack backman with expirence and height. Dell plays tall refuses to tub but ive heard

wat odds you give for Buttina-B Murphy?

Troy Kelm for Albion would have to be up there. He has been in the top 5 for 7 out of 9 weeks. He is a great player - fair and the umps like him.[/quote]

Did he play last week ? What number ?

Next few weeks should be interesting. Top 6 play each other this week. Can Albion defeat St Albans again this time without their playing coach? Then they front Port Colts the following week again without the playing coach. If they were to lose those 2 added to the Spotty game they would be no certainties the following week against a confident Altona after 3 consecutive losses.

1 ALBION9810001182708166.95322 SPOTSWOOD9720001299547237.48283 PORT MELBOURNE COLTS9720001313615213.50284 HOPPERS CROSSING9630001008562179.36245 ST. ALBANS9630001043754138.33246 SUNSHINE9540001118773144.6320

Albion currently with only the fourth best %

Next week Spotty in a close one over Hoppers, St Albans to defeat Albion and Port Colts to defeat Sunshine

Ladder would then be
Spotswood 32
Port Colts 32
Albion 32
St Albans 28
Hoppers 24
Sunshine 20

Round 11 Colts to beat Albion, Spotty to beat Yarraville Seddon, Hoppers to get over line at Altona, Sunshine to defeat Glenorden and St Albans to defeat West Footscray

Ladder after Round 11
Spotswood 36
Port Colts 36
Albion 32
St Albans 32
Hoppers 28
Sunshine 24

Would make for an interesting run home.

Considered comments welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad