Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Kelm for Albion would have to be up there. He has been in the top 5 for 7 out of 9 weeks. He is a great player - fair and the umps like him.

Did he play last week ? What number ?

Next few weeks should be interesting. Top 6 play each other this week. Can Albion defeat St Albans again this time without their playing coach? Then they front Port Colts the following week again without the playing coach. If they were to lose those 2 added to the Spotty game they would be no certainties the following week against a confident Altona after 3 consecutive losses.

1 ALBION9810001182708166.95322 SPOTSWOOD9720001299547237.48283 PORT MELBOURNE COLTS9720001313615213.50284 HOPPERS CROSSING9630001008562179.36245 ST. ALBANS9630001043754138.33246 SUNSHINE9540001118773144.6320

Albion currently with only the fourth best %

Next week Spotty in a close one over Hoppers, St Albans to defeat Albion and Port Colts to defeat Sunshine

Ladder would then be
Spotswood 32
Port Colts 32
Albion 32
St Albans 28
Hoppers 24
Sunshine 20

Round 11 Colts to beat Albion, Spotty to beat Yarraville Seddon, Hoppers to get over line at Altona, Sunshine to defeat Glenorden and St Albans to defeat West Footscray

Ladder after Round 11
Spotswood 36
Port Colts 36
Albion 32
St Albans 32
Hoppers 28
Sunshine 24

Would make for an interesting run home.

Considered comments welcome.[/quote]

Troy is number 31. Rookie of the year last year.

One palyer does not make a team. Albion will beat St Albans next Saturday - Albions home ground and the following players ready to come back

Fenton
Haldane
Richards
Hewat

With Fenton in Dixon can move to the back line. Haldane is also good in the backline. Hewat played well in the 2s on Saturday. Normally they would all need a run in the 2s first but I think we need them in.

Hollow? has he had much of a season to date??? hes been injured hasnt he. Id say Julier, Harris, Quinn, B Murhpy, O'Keffe, Buttina and maybe Dell. I know Hoath is getting better as the season goes on as with D Jacobs.
Then theres blokes that deserve votes but dont get them one from our club would be B Jacobs, im sure every club has a few. Its a midfielders award have many backman of forwards(beside Rock07) ever won it
I think a few blokes on here rate Hollow far to highly.
i have watched a couple of St Albans games this year and he didnt impress me that much i was expecting a superstar the way a few people have been speaking about him but he didnt do to much.
To have him your favorite for the Barry Priest is a disgrace i think either Crackers or Butina will win the medal, umpires seem to love goal kickers when it comes to voting.

I must say the week off is good for an old body, but we really should be playing an interleague game. I can remember playing in 99 against the efl, a great experience and i'm sure alot of players would put their hands up.
I would put my hand up to coach without hesitation.
What are others thoughts, would you be available for selection????

I must say the week off is good for an old body, but we really should be playing an interleague game. I can remember playing in 99 against the efl, a great experience and i'm sure alot of players would put their hands up.
I would put my hand up to coach without hesitation.
What are others thoughts, would you be available for selection????

Eastern Footy League is pretty strong..
did we get pumped or what?

Eastern Footy League is pretty strong..
did we get pumped or what?

I played in that game with you rock, was a gloomy day we only went down by around 24 points and they had a few ex AFL. From memory that were extremely soft and did not like the body contact. I think we were up at one stage.
I'm a big believer of Inter league, we were suppose to play one at the start of 2003 with Larry Simmons as coach we had a strong side but Essedon pulled out 1 week before the game. I think Inter league helps create respect and bonds amongst players from different clubs which then carry over to the season. BRING IT BACK I SAY!!!

I played in that game with you rock, was a gloomy day we only went down by around 24 points and they had a few ex AFL. From memory that were extremely soft and did not like the body contact. I think we were up at one stage.
I'm a big believer of Inter league, we were suppose to play one at the start of 2003 with Larry Simmons as coach we had a strong side but Essedon pulled out 1 week before the game. I think Inter league helps create respect and bonds amongst players from different clubs which then carry over to the season. BRING IT BACK I SAY!!!

Yes i remember you playing mate, with tuddy and bebend coaching, but my memory was we only got beat by 8 or 9 points, and yes we were leading at one stage.......Yes bring it back, i agree you can get to know your regular oppostion in a different way and it also create a greater rivarly when you play against each other.

i went to watch that game v efl a great spectacle though the div 2 game was the shamble's cause wrfl got their pants pulled down.........has to come back......2nd divy as well for the curtian raiser.........you could have 18's before that as well........good excuse for a sip and watch some quality local footy.........:thumbsu:

maybe the team of the year from the previous year should get first choice of playing......obviously new recruits should also be in the mix.......id recon the wrfl rep team in both divy's would hold their own these days.........

i went to watch that game v efl a great spectacle though the div 2 game was the shamble's cause wrfl got their pants pulled down.........has to come back......2nd divy as well for the curtian raiser.........you could have 18's before that as well........good excuse for a sip and watch some quality local footy.........:thumbsu:

maybe the team of the year from the previous year should get first choice of playing......obviously new recruits should also be in the mix.......id recon the wrfl rep team in both divy's would hold their own these days.........

sure that would be exiting not
2nd divvy and quality local footy dont go together

better off having a reserves team or an under 21side

Goal Kicking:

Kennan $1.90
Buttina $3.50
Others: $10

Comp Medal:

Hollow: $6.50
Hoath: $8.00
B.Murphy:10
Kelly:$15

anyone else care to give it a crack?

wat odds you give for Buttina-B Murphy?[/quote]

Buttina/b murphy double... hmm i reckon ud get $25-1

Albion wont win as many games as they have first half of year, most of their hard games are away and most teams are realising if you stop buttina you stop albion. double team him even...as for murphy good start to season but teams the 2nd time around arent going to let hom free-wheel as much as he did in first half of year. so i think these two guys may drop off in 2nd half of the year, therfore ill give u $25-1.

my best bet would be keenan/hollow-noone is taking votes off hollow at st albans. ive seen them twice this year and he has been the standout both times.

anyone going to the interleague game between the diamond valey league and essendon league today? out at preston. should be a one sided affair, esendon to win easily.

Yes i remember you playing mate, with tuddy and bebend coaching, but my memory was we only got beat by 8 or 9 points, and yes we were leading at one stage.......Yes bring it back, i agree you can get to know your regular oppostion in a different way and it also create a greater rivarly when you play against each other.

i am a bit foggy on the the final score but rock was at FF i was on the HFF Smithy was captain and Thegey vice. Tuddy was going nuts with his inspirational speeches. Also in that team Ricky Mantle, Stephen Pierce, Darren Martin who played a blinder, Dan McFerran, Bobby Evans, Adrian Bajric, Stephen Ralph and Benny Davis to name a few off the top of my head. We did the WRFL proud that day cause they all thought we were going to get pumped.

i am a bit foggy on the the final score but rock was at FF i was on the HFF Smithy was captain and Thegey vice. Tuddy was going nuts with his inspirational speeches. Also in that team Ricky Mantle, Stephen Pierce, Darren Martin who played a blinder, Dan McFerran, Bobby Evans, Adrian Bajric, Stephen Ralph and Benny Davis to name a few off the top of my head. We did the WRFL proud that day cause they all thought we were going to get pumped.

Getting beat is nothing to be proud of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calm down there buddy, I reckon you've blown a gasket and all for no reason.

Man, you is talkin to Marsellus Wallace!!

"What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' n......, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass."
He say's stuff like this and you're messin with him?
Ah Pulp Fiction. Has to go down as one of the greatest movies of all time.

All looks quiet on the western front. Looks like the week end of has kept us all very quiet.
Let's look ahead to some big games this week and talk some footy.
HOPPERS v spotty now this game could go either way obviously but i'm tipping hoppers at home. If they are serious about finishing top 3 this is a game they must win, and they are a better outfit at home.

st.albans V ALBION. They cats have been the form team and after a minor hiccup last week they will prove they are a top side and win by 6 goals. Dicko to kick 7 goals in a vintage display...

sunshine V COLTS Obviously i think we will win but no doubt it will be a great game and a tough one to win away. We should barring any training mishaps have a full list for the first time all season, selection headaches but a great position to be in. We will have a big forward line with MILLEN,BRANNAN,JACOBS,PERKINS, HOATH AND JULIER all running through there, along with our depth now in our midfield with up to 8 players rotating, we are confident of having a big game. The start of a big month for us with albion,st.albans and then spotty to follow.
Travvy how are the kangas shaping up?? Are you back??
No doubt you guys have had a fair share of injuries this year, hopefully you guys can start getting a full list on the park soon otherwise time mite run out.

Man, you is talkin to Marsellus Wallace!!

"What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' n......, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass."
He say's stuff like this and you're messin with him?
Ah Pulp Fiction. Has to go down as one of the greatest movies of all time.

Yes, I better watch myself.
He threw Tony Rocky Horror off a balcony and through a glasshouse, ____in' up the way the n___er talks.

All looks quiet on the western front. Looks like the week end of has kept us all very quiet.
HOPPERS v spotty now this game could go either way obviously but i'm tipping hoppers at home. If they are serious about finishing top 3 this is a game they must win, and they are a better outfit at home.

st.albans V ALBION. They cats have been the form team and after a minor hiccup last week they will prove they are a top side and win by 6 goals. Dicko to kick 7 goals in a vintage display...

sunshine V COLTS Obviously i think we will win but no doubt it will be a great game and a tough one to win away. We should barring any training mishaps have a full list for the first time all season, selection headaches but a great position to be in. We will have a big forward line with MILLEN,BRANNAN,JACOBS,PERKINS, HOATH AND JULIER all running through there, along with our depth now in our midfield with up to 8 players rotating, we are confident of having a big game. The start of a big month for us with albion,st.albans and then spotty to follow.
No doubt you guys have had a fair share of injuries this year, hopefully you guys can start getting a full list on the park soon otherwise time mite run out.

DICKO to kick 7? Surely youve seen him kick, the man on the mark will get brain damage if dicko has 7 shots on goal!

Spotty, Albion and the Kangas for mine.

We had a ripping night on the track tonight. We have enjoyed the break and are fit and ready to go for a massive game this week against the colts. All the boys look forward to the challenge that port colts present. Had a good win against them at home last year and this weekend it will be all out assault to deliver the same result. More and more players are becoming available as the weeks progress. GO KANGAS.

Spotty, Albion and the Ganges for mine.

We had a ripping night on the track tonight. We have enjoyed the break and are fit and ready to go for a massive game this week against the colts. All the boys look forward to the challenge that port colts present. Had a good win against them at home last year and this weekend it will be all out assault to deliver the same result. More and more players are becoming available as the weeks progress. GO KANGAS.

If you say it often and loud enough you may convince yourself and your team that you are a chance Trav. It reads like you have given up hope already. My spy at DHL gives a totally different slant on how thing are going down at Kinder Smith.

Hoppers are on fire and will continue on from were they left off this weekend. As for spotty who gives a s... talk is Okeefe is already talking about moving on next year.

If you say it often and loud enough you may convince yourself and your team that you are a chance Trav. It reads like you have given up hope already. My spy at DHL gives a totally different slant on how thing are going down at Kinder Smith.

Hoppers are on fire and will continue on from were they left off this weekend. As for spotty who gives a s... talk is Okeefe is already talking about moving on next year.

3 weeks is long time in footy isn't it Speculator????
Think back to after we lost against St.Albans before we start talking....

Spotty, Albion and the Kangas for mine.

Travvy explain to me why you pointed out that you beat us last year at home???? You played us at home this year and lost, isn't that more relevant. Either way it will be a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back