Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make a 4 man interchange! If one player goes down early your stuck with 2 players to only rotate with. Make it a 4 man as the reserves have it.

While they are at it, why not make a Salary Cap. I know it would be easy to breach it however, clubs like Yarraville, West Footscray and basically whoever comes up from Div2 are not going to survive.

To enforce a salary cap on a league is a multi facet operation. You need every club to be audited prior to implementing it, have transparency about income generated by the club, declare tax on some aspects which would in the past be done in other ways and possible get ATO and Liquour Licensing involved. That is to enforce something that can still be unenforceable, because no league is going to go to the expense of doing the ground work.
4 on the bench is a good idea.
Every club fields U18's in the same division so there are 3 games every saturday??

Just to clarify a few things -

Simmo definitely not invited and only found out by mistake ie. Runner for Spotty 18s who happened to be playing us
Few other long time servants/players who weren't invited and unhappy about it as well

If last years reserves coach was sacked cos he wasn't "popular" within the playing ranks, makes Frosty look pretty weak and since when do a playing group decide who the coach is??? Also puts some pressure on Jack as it 20 or so letters from his senior group after the St.albans game didn't paint him in a favourable light.....
But in saying that, the reason for his dismissal is all whispers and rumours

I think you will find that the undefeated two's coach from hoppers was not well liked by the majority of the playing group.

Lets just say he had his favourites.

Also as far as being undefeated goes anyone could of coached that two's side to a flag.

The coach has a history of coaching sides that wouldnt loose no matter who the coach was and it makes him out to look like a star

Pretty sure the Hoppers 2's were not "unbeatable" when he took them over from Shawy. Finished about 4th under Shawy and 4/5th under Frase the first year he coached

Make a 4 man interchange! If one player goes down early your stuck with 2 players to only rotate with. Make it a 4 man as the reserves have it.

Player numbers for the weaker sides would be the issue. Quite a few clubs struggle to field 2's sides so by putting another player in the firsts means 1 less for the reserves.
Like the idea but struggling/weaker clubs would be the issue???

Definitely agree that club facilities should be a minimum standard before a club can be in Divvy 1. That way clubs would look at there whole club not just the playing side of it.

Maybe councils are reluctant to put money into footy club facilities when most know they are paying players and then asking for assistance in upgrading facilities. Just a thought....

Firstly i'm not aligned with spotty i was just at the game watching and i happen to know Larry very well. Don't try and tell me that hoppers haven't payed big money in the past they are notorious for throwing around cash. I don't think that this is the forum to throw names around. Just cope it as what i know!!
your post no,8895 13-12-07 said
"yes i am a spotty supporter " isnt that aligned with them
debate over. good luck

Not much footy talk going on lately.
Has spotty's form got everyone running for cover.
Only one contest this week colts v albion should be a good contest, especially after albion were embarrasing against fellow top 3 side spotty a few weeks ago, and we will also be out to avenge our embarrasing performance against albion in rd 2. Both side should be full strength except for savalas with a week to serve. Will albion bring back c.thomas, magnabosco,vimpany and haldane all banished to the two's last week or will savalas leave them down to learn a lesson?????
Looking fwd to another good contest.
GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Not much footy talk going on lately.
Has spotty's form got everyone running for cover.
Only one contest this week colts v albion should be a good contest, especially after albion were embarrasing against fellow top 3 side spotty a few weeks ago, and we will also be out to avenge our embarrasing performance against albion in rd 2. Both side should be full strength except for savalas with a week to serve. Will albion bring back c.thomas, magnabosco,vimpany and haldane all banished to the two's last week or will savalas leave them down to learn a lesson?????
Looking fwd to another good contest.
GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Colts by 3 goals, i think Albion will start to feel the punch as they did against spotty, they are not use to the thin air at the top of the ladder and colts love a challenge.

Colts by 3 goals, i think Albion will start to feel the punch as they did against spotty, they are not use to the thin air at the top of the ladder and colts love a challenge.

Yes we do love a challenge and i'm sure we will be at our best on saturday, a full list and we a re still smarting from our dismal performance last time we played the cats.
Crackers should return to the top of the goal kicking table and stay there til rd 18.

knowing you are aligned with spotty , you should be able to tell us all how many of last years premeir side were originals from spotty ,dont try and tell us they and imports played fpr love of club,if you know so much about hoppers name players you consider raping club ,

Neither team bought flags. The guys from the Hoppers 2004 flag either had or were going to play at Hoppers irrespective how much they got paid given their affiliation with the club. Spotty had a few more in last years flag who werent juniors but that doesnt mean they were 'bought'. Guys like Monty had been there a few years but didnt play juniors there and a couple literally walked in off the street or had mates they wanted to play with. To me, buying a flag means that somebody plays at club bcos that club offered them the most money and the club then has enough of these people to win a flag with. Neither side had this. Strathmore was 1 club that did. They offered players more than they were worth (bcos they could and thats footy) and they got in enough of these types from outside of their club to win a flag. I wanted to play there with a couple of mates but I for 1 was offered more than I was worth.

I think you will find that the undefeated two's coach from hoppers was not well liked by the majority of the playing group.

Lets just say he had his favourites.

Also as far as being undefeated goes anyone could of coached that two's side to a flag.

The coach has a history of coaching sides that wouldnt loose no matter who the coach was and it makes him out to look like a star

You may want to reconsider your last point Teddy. He coached an average U/18s side at Werribee knowing damn well that they were going to lose quite a few. He also applied for a junior job at another club in the ara, also knowing that they were going to struggle.

Sunshine chased him for the assistant's job because of his work with the young blokes and development.

Each to their own but he is a good coach and always talks about player development and the importance of senior footy. That doesn't strike me as someone who has entirely selfish motives for coaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may want to reconsider your last point Teddy. He coached an average U/18s side at Werribee knowing damn well that they were going to lose quite a few. He also applied for a junior job at another club in the ara, also knowing that they were going to struggle.

Sunshine chased him for the assistant's job because of his work with the young blokes and development.

Each to their own but he is a good coach and always talks about player development and the importance of senior footy. That doesn't strike me as someone who has entirely selfish motives for coaching.

u super coaches always stick together.
i rate yourself higher than him

Is sunshine season over??? Or will they play finals.
Is the top 3 set? Or do people think hoppers can still get there. They beat us on a very muddy day but other than that have yet to beat a team in the top 5, although i still think they are a very capable side.
Will crackers or buttina kick a ton??
Priest medal... julier, or jacobs b & d from the colts, murphy or harris from other clubs.

Travvy you back this week??? You guys need to get your full list on the track, should win the next 3 and get some confidence back.

Is the top 3 set? Or do people think hoppers can still get there. They beat us on a very muddy day but other than that have yet to beat a team in the top 5, although i still think they are a very capable side.
Priest medal... julier, or jacobs b & d from the colts, murphy or harris from other clubs.

Travvy you back this week??? You guys need to get your full list on the track, should win the next 3 and get some confidence back.

I think top 3 is pretty much set although hoppers only play one team inside the 5 away in the 2nd half (port) so who knows?

Sunshine's season far from over however round 18 for them looks to loom as the big one as it looks be a fight b/w themselves and stalbans for that 5th spot.

My dark horse bet for the priest is Kelm he has been in the best quite a few times in the first half of the year and albion have only lost one game so far and not hard person to miss :thumbsu:

I think top 3 is pretty much set although hoppers only play one team inside the 5 away in the 2nd half (port) so who knows?

Sunshine's season far from over however round 18 for them looks to loom as the big one as it looks be a fight b/w themselves and stalbans for that 5th spot.

My dark horse bet for the priest is Kelm he has been in the best quite a few times in the first half of the year and albion have only lost one game so far and not hard person to miss :thumbsu:

I for got to metion that buttina and crackers will go very close i think they have 62 and 59 respectively after rd 10 and 'O6' i was on 67 at the same stage and had 14 votes but failed to poll a vote after that, so if either of them match what thery have done so far i think one of them will win it, for some reason the umps in this comp seem to notice goal kickers a little more.

Top 3 is set, with Port and Spotty to take top spot, awaiting for the Albion implosion..... only a matter of time (have the players been paid yet) if the implosion happens then hoppers top 3.
Issue for Triple J from Port to win the Priest is there are players competiting for votes, so because of this it could be a low count to win this year.
If that is the case, Harris and O'Keefe would be in consideration.
Now an interesting delema could arise, can a player accumulate votes if playing for two different teams in the same league, same season.... Brad Hewitt may have got some votes playing for Yarraville, and was apparantly best on last week, if form continues, how would that go??

Top 3 is set, with Port and Spotty to take top spot, awaiting for the Albion implosion..... only a matter of time (have the players been paid yet) if the implosion happens then hoppers top 3.
Issue for Triple J from Port to win the Priest is there are players competiting for votes, so because of this it could be a low count to win this year.
If that is the case, Harris and O'Keefe would be in consideration.

O'Keefe is a gun.
Reminds me of Jason Porplyzia (Crows)

[/b]

I for got to metion that buttina and crackers will go very close i think they have 62 and 59 respectively after rd 10 and 'O6' i was on 67 at the same stage and had 14 votes but failed to poll a vote after that, so if either of them match what thery have done so far i think one of them will win it, for some reason the umps in this comp seem to notice goal kickers a little more.

they didn't notice dave mcgregor when he kicked 10 in rnd 1, maybe it's a red head thing which is great news for crackers but not so good for buttina haha:thumbsu:

has been very good, he along with d jacobs and b murphy have been massive recruits for there clubs and the wrfl, hopefully we get a few more players of this calibre into the comp next year

Which league was O'Keefe recruited from?
I think the team was Camperdown, don't know which league they play in though.

The British League?

think so, he spent time over there.....
And having played in the past at his old ground in Bungaree, pencil him in for votes every time it is wet and muddy! The guy was brought up playing in a muddy paddock and the fact he is vertically challenged will suit over the next few weeks if it turns wet as predicted.... bout the time the forwards start to struggle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back