What annoyed me most about this saga we had during the week?

Remove this Banner Ad

the emergency

Club Legend
Suspended
Jan 30, 2010
Funkytown
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't care about the incident, or what happened when our players "befriended" this girl, it happened behind closed doors and that is where it should stay.
A moment of carelessness is their mistake, and noone else's.
Obviously, i, and everyone else, expected the media to get this and run with it...

BUT...
As we also know, a Collingwood player "befriended" this girl weeks later, but this got but a fleeting mention by the crackpot media, because "it was impossible he could be the father", while all over the place we were hearing "two St. Kilda players", "two St. Kilda players", "two St. Kilda players".

Now, i'm no biology scholar, but last time i checked, it was impossible for a child to have TWO biological fathers? It's all well and good to tar two Saints players with the same brush, but make sure you most certainly DON'T mention the Collingwood player, because of course, HE didn't impregnate her!

Anyway, i got that off my chest, lets go and maul Adelaide tonight

CARN THE SAINTS

I agree entirely TE, this is my post from the "Here we go again" thread:

Enormous cudos to Sainter who moderated this whole media beat up cleverly and tactfully.

Huge question marks on the integrity of the media who used words like:

- sex scandal
- 16 year old schoolgirl
- two St Kilda players (inference of group sex)
- AFL player appearance at the student’s school (linking the woman with school appearances - tainting the community service provided by players of all clubs)
- absence of mention of the Collingwood player (given that the Collingwood player is the third player to be seduced by this woman and given that he supposedly is not suspected of being the father then this makes him just as innocent as one of the Saints players yet it is deemed all right to tar both Saints players with the same brush)
- there is no unequivocal evidence of who the father is yet.

The whole story was disgraceful, just the media deliberately misrepresenting a story and sensationalising it to sell papers.

All it achieved was dragging our club and players names through the mud and causing an unnecessary distraction. You almost have to wonder if certain people in the media have an agenda against St Kilda, especially when you consider that the Collingwood link to the story was hardly mentioned at all.

Hopefully all these distractions don't adversely affect us tonight. Lyon is pretty good at keeping the team focused though so it shouldn't be a problem.

As close to defamation as they can get.

The Melbourne footy media.

African%20vultures%20hard%20at%20work%20cleaning%20up%20the%20environment%5B5%5D.jpg

I'm really out of the loop on this one. But yeah to target just the St Kilda players in this is ridiculous.

If the Collingwood player did the same thing then that should be brought up as well.

If "Saints girl" seduced a Collingwood player as well...... Then something really odd is going here, because no one has seemed to ponder that if she was willing to seduce 3 footballers, that she hadn't in the same time frame slept with anyone else.

You're handling of this issue has been really professional however. So kudos for that.

St kilda has only themselves too blame come on having sex with 16 year old when your 21+ is not legally wrong but morally is it right ?
a) You have to make the distinction between St Kilda & the players. Remember one of the players involved with this girl was a Collingwood player.
b) By all accounts the players believed she was older than 16.

St kilda has only themselves too blame come on having sex with 16 year old when your 21+ is not legally wrong but morally is it right ?

a) You have to make the distinction between St Kilda & the players. Remember one of the players involved with this girl was a Collingwood player.
b) By all accounts the players believed she was older than 16.

Yes C2007, but remember as Zagg says; the club did nothing wrong,
also the girl is 17 years old not 16 as frequently reported, she masqueraded as over 18 by entering a post match event which was age restricted, by stating she was 19 yo on her facebook and she was introduced to the players by a 27 yo woman. She also implied / lied that she was working for the AIS.

Two of the three players that have been implicated with her are 20 yo, one is 22yo and given that it is not unreasonable that they were convinced she was older than she actually was, there is no real moral issue (against the males).

Yes C2007, but remember as Zagg says; the club did nothing wrong,
also the girl is 17 years old not 16 as frequently reported, she masqueraded as over 18 by entering a post match event which was age restricted, by stating she was 19 yo on her facebook and she was introduced to the players by a 27 yo woman. She also implied / lied that she was working for the AIS.

Two of the three players that have been implicated with her are 20 yo, one is 22yo and given that it is not unreasonable that they were convinced she was older than she actually was, there is no real moral issue (against the males).

Your right . I'm just annoyed at the whole situation

The club handled this magnificently, given it was something that wasn't an issue worthy of the attention it received.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could argue that it is morally wrong to have extramarital sex at all, I'm sure you would find a priest to back up the argument.

I'm not sure what it's like now, but when I was young, 16 year old girls were not looking for 16 year old boyfriends. I'd say the average would have been 18-19, but there were always the odd couples with bigger age differences.
In the end it is usually the girl deciding what she's after.

I am getting so fed up with all the fake self righteous outrage on Big Footy.

As I said somewhere else, the headline "Frankston Schoolgirl gets pregnant" would hardly have raised an eyebrow.

You want to be morally outraged by something , check this out.
http://brodhe.com/blog/2009/06/16/girl-12-set-to-become-australias-youngest-mum/

I could have been a stubborn dick head about it. But I'am happy to admit when i am wrong. It's not like i am like nexus helen , so why be a dick about it.

the HUN is really after us this year IMO. :mad:

Don't feel bad, the Hun is just a rag and if there wasn't rubbish like this for them to sensationalise then they'd find someone/something else.

Remove this Banner Ad

What annoyed me most about this saga we had during the week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back