What are the best trades your club has ever done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ottens. Best I can remember.

Gave away Meyer and Pattison by virtue of Richmond drafting them.

No coincidence that our losses in round 4 and 5 happened to be without the help of the big donut.

Instead of listing draft picks maybe list the players you got with them picks, would be indicative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ottens. Best I can remember.

Gave away Meyer and Pattison by virtue of Richmond drafting them.

No coincidence that our losses in round 4 and 5 happened to be without the help of the big donut.

we also got harley from port Adelaide for nothing

3. Trent Croad and Luke McPharlin for picks 1 (Luke Hodge), 20 (Daniel Elstone) and 36 (Sam Mitchell).:)

2. Pick 10 (Ryley Dunn) for Trent Croad:):thumbsu:

1. Jonny Hay for picks 14 (Grant Birchall) and 18 (Max Bailey).:):thumbsu::):D

Jeff Hogg and a draft pick (I think it was #8 but will stand corrected) for Michael Gale, Paul Broderick and Matthew Dundas.

Sorry, Fitzroy....!

Tell it how it really was (insert angry swear word) :)

Richmond already did a deal with those players as Fitzroy couldn't pay them. All the senior Fitzroy players were abandoning ship. That wasn't a great trade, those players wanted out and Richmond like the dogs they are (can't recriut or develop there own players, look at last 30 years as examples)) came in waving a cheque book. In return Richmond offloaded a 'passed used by date' player and again Fitzroy got the rough end of the stick.

When you remind me of that deal, it actually makes me smile at how badly the tigers have gone in recent years, you deserve it.

:)

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the best trades your club has ever done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back