What do you want out of season 24?

Remove this Banner Ad

Our win against the GC with how many injuries earlier in the year not count?
We had Andrews and Joyce as the only players out injured compared to what Carlton having 6-7 best 22 out.

No doubt you'll claim the guys with ACL's and Payne (had already missed the previous three) count despite us winning the past 7 consecutive up to that point?

Yep, really suits my narrative, but c'mon lets not pretend that win was more impressive than what Carlton did over west.

We had Andrews and Joyce as the only players out injured compared to what Carlton having 6-7 best 22 out.

No doubt you'll claim the guys with ACL's and Payne (had already missed the previous three) count despite us winning the past 7 consecutive up to that point?

Yep, really suits my narrative, but c'mon lets not pretend that win was more impressive than what Carlton did over west.

I’m talking about the first GC game. I’m not taking away from what Carlton did, it was impressive. I’m taking aim at your claim we couldn’t do that. A GC team I might add who at the point were significantly better than the WC team of last week.

We’ve played half a season with at least 5-6 regulars out long term - Ashcroft, Gardner, McCarthy, Coleman, Payne, Doedee all gone extended periods. You may not like it and you may wave it away, doesn’t change the fact it has been happening by a team you say couldn’t do something similar.

I'm satisfied with reaching a prelim considering our start and the injuries. You can't look back but just thinking about what could've been last year had Ashcroft not got injured hurts.

We're competitive against Geelong but obviously Lachie isn't right and Hipwood and Payne aren't competitive in the condition they fronted up in last night . Obviously both have to play . If Payne hasn't made strong physical improvement I'd be tempted to go with Joyce but that won't happen.

What we need are big games from Bailey ,Rayner and Cameron . It's time.

I think I've got everything I wanted from this season already and everything going forward is just a bonus. Made finals after a poor start, won a final we were expected to and one we weren't expected to. Blooded a couple of youngsters. Got Levi and Marshall and now Gallop into the VFL team. A flag would be nice, but this season is a big success even if we lose to Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im probably the opposite. I may have had high expectations at the start of the year but between all the injuries at the start of the year and how banged up we look now I have adjusted my expectations down. I think we have overperformed now and am happy with this. Everything from now is a bonus

It’d be nice to make the grand final. My expectations are once you make a prelim and a granny anything can happen in those matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you want out of season 24?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back