Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

New stuff since last time

ldaa.jpg

ythc.jpg

5bxi.png

ku0c.jpg

Forgot to get a size up from normal like they advise with kappa shirts, so it's currently Manboob City: population me.

Made some changes to my hoops stuff lately so that I could add these photo-matched jerseys instead. Very happy I did in the end.

Worn at home in 7 games from 3/11/2102 - 10/12/2012

These have been a few months in the making but have finally got around to getting pics of them.

Barkley's 90/91 game used road uniform

KJ's 89/90 game used road uniform

And lastly, Shaq's game 5 2001 NBA Finals clinching used jersey

Made some changes to my hoops stuff lately so that I could add these photo-matched jerseys instead. Very happy I did in the end.

These have been a few months in the making but have finally got around to getting pics of them.

the pheonix suns and the sixers ones are the best imo

My favorite 2 jumpers.

Stuart Anderson's
1996 NM Match worn Premiership Jumper No5 (signed)

20130327_210348 (Small).jpg 20130327_210403 (Small).jpg

Keith Greigs
VFA Brunswick match worn jumper No20

Accidentally signed by Wayne Schimmelbuch. l thought he worn No20 but he said it was Keith's as he wore No27 when playing for Brunswick. l'm waiting to get it signed by Keith also.

Attachments

• 20130917_165550 (Small).jpg
    20130917_165550 (Small).jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 20130917_165616 (Small).jpg
    20130917_165616 (Small).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 118

This collection is insane!!!!!

Post 1/2

Here is my West Coast Eagles, Perth Wildcats and Perth Glory collection.

West Coast Eagles - player issue, match worn, Brownlow editions & prototypes.

wce1_zps21b4fd41.jpg

West Coast Eagles - retail.

wce2_zpsb9af6a79.jpg

My favourite has to be the 1987 Ross Glendinning yellow peril player issue. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time for this one. The jumper was originally purchased at an Eagles Banquet Auction by Town & Country Bank CEO Ray Turner in 1988. ANZ, having acquired Town an Country Bank in the 90s, had the guernsey sitting in storage for a number of years before selling it to help raise money for charity. Turner's purchase of the jumper got a brief mention (with photographic evidence) in the Eagles 10-year history book, Soaring.

rossglen2_zps00dd4aa5.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are smashing it Haydos_WCE. Your Eagles collection is definitely up their with the best! Great Job.

Thanks mate. You've added some top jumpers since my last visit to your website.

Thats an amazing collection there Haydos_WCE, are any of the wildcats jerseys player issue?

The Alex Loughton jersey is a definite player issue. The Martin jersey just right of the Loughton, along with his warm-up top could be player issue but I cannot say with any degree of confidence.

A few years ago the Wildcats used to list player issues and match worns on their eBay account from time to time. From memory they were only jerseys from the 2008-2010 era, but I am spewing that I was not yet a serious jumper/jersey collector at the time. They sold at bargain basement prices too. I remember some game worn shorts sold for $5.00.

How long did it take you to put the collection together? My guess is about 3 years.

Impressive

Cheers!

I've always been interested in the guernseys of my sporting teams, but the collection started roughly sometime late 2011. Thanks for your help with the odd jumper along the way also.

Top job getting the QBE anniversary one, but why has it got #1 on it? Are you missing any?

The QBE jersey was originally donated to a local soccer club (calling it soccer to avoid confusion, settle round ball fans!) by Vukovic for a club raffle, hence the no.1 on the back. I know it still looks a bit odd considering that as he is the keeper, he did not wear that particular design.

There is still three Glory jerseys I'd love to get my hands on. I will only post the main one here as I'll post all my wants in the 'Whale' thread shortly.

The most sought-after is the one-off 'Come Play!' shirt that every A-League team wore in early 2010 in support of Australia's bid to host the 2018 or 2022 FIFA World Cup. Every club auctioned off the match worns and donated the money to charity. No retail versions were available.

86855hp2_zps82e7a910.jpg
fussball-perth-glory-wellington-phoenix_400x230_zps97809405.jpg

The memories this brings back! This is AWESOME!!!

I am glad I found a few Glory fans on here! The days where Perth Glory were the symbol of hope for Australian football seem like an absolute eternity ago.

I am glad I found a few Glory fans on here! The days where Perth Glory were the symbol of hope for Australian football seem like an absolute eternity ago.

Oh I remember parking up the road at my Aunty's flat and trundling down Smith St to every home game back then! What a great time it was! WE WANT VAS!

By the way, there is also the one-off jersey they wore in their first official match against Sampdoria. It was very much like the first one, but it had a white collar and the light purple was slightly lighter. Though I probably shouldn't have told you that! If you're a collector like me, you'll obsess over it now! ;)

I only have a few tops but here goes:

2006 WCE Home - Signed by Cox and Embley
Current WCE Home
WCE 1992 20th anniversary
Australian ODI Shirt from the mid 90s signed by most of the golden era team
and couple of American tops, a Jason Taylor Miami Dolphins top and Carlos Ruiz Philadelphia Phillies top.

After looking at the top of the page I should hang my head in shame :p

Oh I remember parking up the road at my Aunty's flat and trundling down Smith St to every home game back then! What a great time it was! WE WANT VAS!

By the way, there is also the one-off jersey they wore in their first official match against Sampdoria. It was very much like the first one, but it had a white collar and the light purple was slightly lighter. Though I probably shouldn't have told you that! If you're a collector like me, you'll obsess over it now! ;)

I never knew that. Thanks very much for the info. :thumbsu: Managed to find a pic.

942939_10200347882767551_1071331439_n_zpsc0a2b7e5.jpg

Haha imagine the museum we could have with all the collections combined!

You have a much broader collection than me- I love the Wildcats kits. You have done really well, you have some awesome jumpers that I would love to have!

Thanks! I would love to see your collection sometime.

The player fourth person from the left is Ante Milicic. Wow, the things you learn at 4am in the morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back