Opinion What is your favourite mark of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is up there.
Great snap for 1961 (thought it was 54 originally).

60bbf.MHobbsmark.jpg

Chris Tarrant 2001

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brett burton 2009 or Andrew Walker 2011

got a soft spot for denis banks, 1984. the way he gets spun around, it's an unusual landing.

mark merenda. 1 on 1, sits on his shoulders... but they're facing each other.

Keith Thomas 1984 SANFL GF.
Brilliant mark running with the flight of the ball (third effort in that passage of play), plays on and puts it on the chest of Michael Aish leading from the pocket.

As John Gerovich doesnt have any on film Shaun Smith mark in the goal square against Richmond gets my vote.
Derek Kickett did take a couple for West Perth before he went to Essendon that would make your head spin.

this is another one i had in mind, chris johnson. gets up and takes it one handed.

and the first of these. got up higher, the juggle on the way down.

Mark LeCras

Moorcroft - the most spectacular mark I've ever seen, yet sadly it ended his career and left him pretty banged up for the rest of his life.

Walker - Literally nearly stood on his shoulders, and just hung there. Still the worst decision ever that he didn't get mark of the year.

My personal one though, which doesn't get much fan fare, is Harry Taylor's 'Leo Barry' mark against Riewoldt right near the end of the 2009 GF. Won us the game and still etched into my memory 'til this day.

OP is on the money. Nuthin' beats a huge pack mark from a desperation long bomb in the final seconds of a close game.

Here's some others...

The beauty of this one was the added bonus of a Brad Scott dummy spit for the TV cameras :D
(You catch the tail-end of it in this shortened clip. He was ropeable about Adam Selwood milking a dodgy free for high contact)

Awesome game - the match of the season between two 13-0 heavyweights. I can't remember such a hyped clash ending in such dramatic fashion.
Big Mick Gardiner off the long run... What a grab! NOBODY took pack marks against that Geelong defence.

It's a pity for St Kilda they couldn't play the rematch at the same venue under the roof, but played the GF on a wet & windy MCG.

This is probably my favourite. Iconic Grand Final moment for an underrated Swans stalwart.
Plus I had a small fortune riding on the outcome of this game. I was there at the MCG screaming louder than many Swans fans.
I think I may have yelled, "LEO BARRY!!! YOU F**KING BEAUTY!!!" Or maybe I just screamed "YEEEEEAAAAHHH!!!"
Can't remember exactly, but I was pretty pumped.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back