What is your team’s major weakness?

Remove this Banner Ad

3 things in particular at Hawthorn...

1) Dysfunctional forward structure that is clearly the worst in the comp.

2) Lack of genuine class and legspeed in midfield.

3) Complete absence of proactive nature and killer instinct.

Kevin

Porthos said:
Being too damn good.
Pt. Adelaide

Don't you mean FINALS!

At least you're making the finals though.
Impossible to answer for Richmond as in one particular thing. Let's see - Skills, Fitness, Talent, Coaching Staff, Recruiting, inept president and board - did I miss anything?

Eagles:

1. Kicking for goal has be atrocious of late, to the point where it cost us the game against Port Adelaide.
2. The spine is relatively inexperienced & consequently needs bulking up. Is heading in the right direction though.

Fear of big matches.

That is why CC talks up every game to get them trying to win when in big match mode.

I think the final last year is still having a huge impact. We would have been better off missing the 8.

funkyfreo said:
Fear of big matches.

That is why CC talks up every game to get them trying to win when in big match mode.

I think the final last year is still having a huge impact. We would have been better off missing the 8.

It doesn't quite add up though, because he always pumps up a game (e.g. Collingwood) and then when you lose he just says, "meh" and eats another pie.

As for the Crows, apart from Jenny, its ******** poor drafting and trading.

McLeod23 said:
It doesn't quite add up though, because he always pumps up a game (e.g. Collingwood) and then when you lose he just says, "meh" and eats another pie.

As for the Crows, apart from Jenny, its ******** poor drafting and trading.

Looking at things - the Collingwood game deserved pumping up as it was an absolute MUST WIN to make the finals. So why not pump it up.

But it is pumped up to give them the experience - that is why do it as often as possible - I'm sure there is much more than "meh" behind the scenes. Or at least I hope so...

Re: What is your team’s major weakness?

being banned by the federal government from cloning NIcK reiwoldt and Robert Harvey!

our biggest weakness is Brisbane, and I think that goes for just about every team besides brisbane :D

seriously though I think we lack experience and hard bodies.

we can match it physically with most sides, but a stronger and bigger brisbane and port smashed us physically, as they do most other sides when the want to.

we weren't switched on when melbourne and footscray pantsed us, but then most sides have an off day (even the brions!)

add 20 to 50 games and 2-5kgs of muscle to Dal Santo (21), ball (19), goose (19), penny (21), kosi (21), reiwoldt (21), x clarke (20), r clarke (18), schwarz (22), goddard (18), blake (21) and brooks (20) and a few others, and you'll have the nucleus of a good team.

Mark Bolton and Aaron Henneman!

Seriously, our slow midfield is our major weakness but not being able to win in the rain or interstate is a huge one that costs us at least 6 games a year.

Bombers_Forever said:
Mark Bolton and Aaron Henneman!

Henno is below par as a player, but Bolts?

The thing with Bolts is this. He is an absolutely fantastic player who is just played in the wrong position. Kevin Sheedy... he is NOT, NEVER WAS and will NEVER BE a defender. Bolts is an explosive tall from Half forward flank and that is where he is best played. He gets towelled in defence 8 out of 10 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: What is your team’s major weakness?

Tigerland said:
Impossible to answer for Richmond as in one particular thing. Let's see - Skills, Fitness, Talent, Coaching Staff, Recruiting, inept president and board - did I miss anything?

Aah, you've still got the best song by a mile, though. :)

Tigerland said:
Pt. Adelaide

Don't you mean FINALS!

At least you're making the finals though.

Supporters.

Adelaide:

On field you would have to say a lack of a quality tall marking forward, we have barely had anyone take a strong packmark in the forward 50 since Modra!!!!

Off field as Macca stated would have to be our recruiting and trading, it physically it hurts me every time I see Danile Wells with the footy!

tatts00 said:
Adelaide:

On field you would have to say a lack of a quality tall marking forward, we have barely had anyone take a strong packmark in the forward 50 since Modra!!!!QUOTE]
\Neither have we.

Nothing Earth shattering here - we dont have a power forward who can break a game apart. Whatsmore, the forwards we do have are generally inaccurate when kicking for goal.

dan warna said:
add 20 to 50 games and 2-5kgs of muscle to Dal Santo (21), ball (19), goose (19), penny (21), kosi (21), reiwoldt (21), x clarke (20), r clarke (18), schwarz (22), goddard (18), blake (21) and brooks (20) and a few others, and you'll have the nucleus of a good team.

Just a guess, but I reckon you probably have about half of those ages wrong. Penny and Blake for a start are over 21.

Remove this Banner Ad

What is your team’s major weakness?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back