Prediction What Number will GAJ wear at the Cattery in 2018?

What number will GAJ wear in 2018

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

WillJaffa32

Senior List
Jul 27, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
With GAJ returning to the Cattery, what number will he wear? His previous numbers and father's number are vacated but will one of them move or will GAJ create a new legacy in a different number?

15. It's not about the number, it's about the locker. He'll be in between the two Selwoods. (I'm most likely wrong). Also, I don't think any of his close mates had 15 at the cattery. I can't see him wearing Joel Corey's old number, I don't want 18 as a key forward ever again, either.

Last edited:

15. It's not about the number, it's about the locker. He'll be in between the two Selwoods. (I'm most likely wrong). Also, I don't think any of his close mates had 15 at the cattery. I can't see him wearing Joel Corey's old number.
Gotta feeling that Guthrie will change to 13 for some reason for GAJ to have 29 (even though I disagree). Also reckon Parsons will change to 11 but probably well wrong

From the Herald Sun, and it suggests a number I don't recall anyone here suggesting:

Interestingly, the number he wore at the Suns (No.9) is taken by his good friend and former Gold Coast teammate Zac Smith.

Gazza’s brother Nathan wore No.23 in the Cats’ 2007 premiership team but that is now worn by Aaron Black.

Some of the available numbers for next year include 4, 11, 13, 18 and 32.

Given Gazza’s love for American sport, could he take a leaf out of the NBA and be the first AFL player to go with 00?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the idea of 19 the middle9 .. of 9 and 29

He did originally choose 29 based on Hinkley so who knows what he chooses after 7 years wearing 9.

A bit unfair for someone else to have their tally with a certain number on their back a bit muddled ... if they have to swap.

Still maybe Guthrie is happy to take another number like 4

Maybe the answer is 18 2 x 9 = 18 1+8 = 9

Young Zuthrie might be elevated to number 4 - they won't have to make any adjustments to the guernsey size, and that would free up #39

Or, Parsons might take a new number to go with his potentially promotion - then Gary can take #34 to match his age

I going with the idea of #43 though because that number wasn't worn by any premiership teammates, it's currently not taken and so it allows for Gary to have his own identity without comparison

Don't they have a system whereby the player coming in with the most games gets the lowest number available; second most games gets the second lowest number etc. Then for draftees, the earlier the pick, the lower the number. So Ablett would be 4.

Or have I completely made that up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction What Number will GAJ wear at the Cattery in 2018?

Back