What should I expect from Jordan Lisle?

Remove this Banner Ad

BrisbaneLion9636

All Australian
May 9, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
G'day guys, just wondering what you thought of him. We haven't really seen much of him, so just wondered what his strengths and weaknesses were.

images

Cheers

A decent KPP. He is not quick or flashy and will never dominate, but I imagine will be serviceable for a few years. There was mixed reactions to him on the forum. I think the reason he wasn't getting a game at Hawthorn was that he wasn't considered versatile enough and was perceived to be lacking in the kicking department.

Massive contested mark. Probably the best at Hawthorn.

Big body.

His kicking is a tad shakey, seems to drop the ball and it takes forever to reach his foot.

My main criticism about Jordan is that he always seemed to have to think about what he was doing; you could almost see the thoughts ticking over slowly.

I think his best position would ultimately be down back.

Has some definite pluses and attributes but the kinks need ironing out for him to play regular footy.

In saying all of that, I get he feeling that he felt like he wasn't in the coaches' plans much this year so a new club might just invigorate him.

Good pair of hands and a good reader of the play. Got a fair bit of physical development to do before he really hits his straps but should be a good player in time. Can play forward and back. I tend to think he will make a better back but could easily play forward.

He isn't the most agile or the quickest but I think that will improve as he matures/develops. Probably needs to work a little bit on his kicking. A lot of Hawks fans were sorry to see him go and thought he deserved more opportunity.

I think Jordan can play successfully at both ends. The year before last Jordan knocked back a 3 year deal to go to Melb because he wanted to stay a Hawk. But when you don't figure strongly in the coaches plans your confidence takes a huge battering. I think because Jordan knows he is wanted and valued, most likely as a regular senior player he will blossom. Like Grizz stated, Jordan probably thinks too much - a common problem for those running low on confidence.

I think Jordan will be a very solid player for you. I hope so for his sake!!

Must admit the Bears are on most Saturday nights next year will be good to watch him. I think he'll do ok

I think he'll be much like Zac Dawson. Everyone will be wondering why the hell we let him go and then after a few years he'll just blend into the pack.

Not likely. Dawson was protected by a fantastic defensive game plan, and a great group down back. As soon as the game plan began to fail, he was found out. Most people still recognised that he was a spud, it's just some were intent on trolling Hawthorn.

Slowest at the club over 10m and 20m

As a forward against Freo, he left some pretty quick defenders behind and took quite a few marks - should have easily kicked 3 goals to half time.

So as you may be right, he compensates by reading the play well and as he has very good hands so he could end up doing quite well.

He really needs a club to show faith in him and give him continuity. He could develop into a pretty good full forward of CHF. If not, he could be a decent KPD.

So there are options. I wish him the very best.

He may prove be very serviceable at the Lions...but couldn't crack at the Hawks, given our philosophy of quickish rangy defenders who counter attack.

Great mark though, so maybe handy in the forward or back 50 given the run of injuries the Lions have had in the past few years.

Wouldn't suprise me if he proves to be a good pick in the future for a developing side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not likely. Dawson was protected by a fantastic defensive game plan, and a great group down back. As soon as the game plan began to fail, he was found out. Most people still recognised that he was a spud, it's just some were intent on trolling Hawthorn.

Agree

I believe Jordon will make his mark with Brisbane if given the opportunity.
Good luck to him - As HJ said he is a tad slow.

A little comment on the man not the player. He was put into the Box Hill reserves for the finals series to get some game time in case he was needed for Hawthorn. At the end of the successful GF he handed his medal to the young bloke who would have otherwise been playing. Nice gesture.

Saw him live vs Gold Coast at Carrara, a game made for him with so many out and was very disappointed in what I saw. Jordan seemed to lack awareness about where to lead and an intense desire to get the ball no matter what was in his way when it came anywhere near him.

It was one week before the finals and he was given a chance to prove he deserved a spot or at least to be considered should someone get injured.

I suspect he will struggle at Brisbane until Brown retires for much the same reasons that he didn't get games at Hawthorn.

I hope he does well, but not surprised he was traded by us.

Had limited opportunities in the seniors, but showed he could play both ends.

Slowness ... didn't seem that slow to me, certainly not slower than Shoenmakers.

Awareness ... has only played a handful of games, too early to judge.

Looking forward to seeing him at the Lions.

his reading of the ball, especially in the air, makes up for his decided lack of pace.

However he isnt so slow as to be a useless lumbering dinosaur.

I think he will do very well.

Just not as good as shoenmakers...so we let him go.

Litherland as well can kick and has pace and reads the play well so its always going to be hard for him to get a guernsey.

Good hands, slow feet.

I had a lot of hope for big moose, But he just didn't take the (limited) opportunities that here presented to him. Given he was ranked behind buddy, ruffy, hale and now gunston, he needed a move to a new club to serif he can deliver on his significant potential.

Best of luck Moose.

What should I expect from Jordan Lisle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back