What the supporters want - A message to Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

I said this in the apparel thread. I would choose the 3 hoop design that has the monogram on it. Then it would be introducing that as an alternate logo which is we maintained that as a long term jumper would become ingrained in our history.

It is then a great simple logo that can be used on more "street" style merch. A cap with that on it would be more appealing than one with the crow head.

Yeah I really like the monogram. Smart, simple, sophisticated. Care to post the 3 hoop design?

The thing about the previous era was that the club didn't want to put people offside. The AFL, the SANFL, other clubs, the trolls in the media, ****ing Tony Tippett and Cunston's management ... the admin seemed determined not to ruffle any feathers.

Mr Fagan, I just want you to do one thing. Ruffle some feathers.

Trigg constantly lubed up when dealing with Vlad. It made me spew.

I no longer wish to see my club bent over for anything, even if we are clearly wrong. I wish to see defiance and strength.
Yeah because being defiant when you are wrong just makes you look so smart and stuff. :rolleyes:

Just want to say the CEO has no say on the chairman of the board, so asking for him to sack chapman is silly.
He also has no say on the final draw. He certainly can put in requests for what we want but the afl will do as they please and we all should know that by now.

I'm aware that all of what I'm about to suggest is a lot to ask. But really, we're the biggest club in the equal second biggest football city in Australia. Our membership and support levels are among the top echelon in the AFL. With that in mind, I'd like us to primarily stop settling for mediocrity like we have.

- Harsh reviews every year on all members of the coaching staff. Make each individual assistant accountable for that area on the field, and if it's not performing, they need to explain (and be accountable) why that's the case and why it'd still be the case if they were replaced. I'd start off by applying some serious scrutiny to the jobs Camporeale and Bickley have done.

- Completely overhaul the marketing department. I don't know if it's the personnel in it or the edict they're given from above, but the marketing output from the club has been sub par for too long. It's a disgrace that Port have a far, far better presence in every regard than us.

- Be more accountable to the supporters. Without the supporters the club wouldn't exist. Players, coaches and administrations can be replaced. Supporters can't. We take serious pride in this club. We accept that failure will happen, but when we're expected to just cop it on the chin and get over it as previous administrations have expected of us it's just not good. Be as open and transparent as possible without jeopardising anything business related

- Fill our football department with the best people. Facilities are good but experienced and skilled staff are better.

- Get rid of Chapman. The only good move the bloke has made is hiring you. He's been a cancer on our club for too long.

- We're a smaller club than Collingwood but looking at the numbers, not by much. Why is it that Eddie has so much influence over the AFL (mostly self serving) while we seem to have none? Surely we can have more influence over the state of the game - both us and Port, actually

- Patrick Mills is one of the highest profile Australian sportsmen around and a fan of the club. If possible, utilise him more than we already do.

- For nearly all of our history, our jumper has been navy at the top with red, yellow and navy hoops from the below the logos and yellow trims. It has always been that simple, with navy and white shorts for home/away. Please ensure it's kept that way, and if at all possible we get to wear that most weeks. Some of our clash jumpers have been eyesores that don't have any link to the historical colours of our club.

- Target high profile players. Water has gone under the bridge and for all we know it might be too late to retain Dangerfield et al. If we lose him, it's not your fault, we get that. But at the very least ensure the club is active in finding a high profile replacement - whether that be Jeremy Cameron or not. Even if Danger re-signs - we should be targeting the best players possible.

I'd also like to suggest a ban on Michelangelo from any club related press conferences/events.

I'd also like to suggest a ban on Michelangelo from any club related press conferences/events.

And watch us get smacked by the AFL for trying that. The AFL approves the media and who has access, the club has no say in it. Just like others have pointed out that a CEO can't sack a Chairperson. It's the other way around actually.

Some of you lot really don't know how things work do you?

And watch us get smacked by the AFL for trying that. The AFL approves the media and who has access, the club has no say in it. Just like others have pointed out that a CEO can't sack a Chairperson. It's the other way around actually.

Some of you lot really don't know how things work do you?

I knew that a CEO can't sack a Chairperson, didn't know the AFL approved the press gang and that we had no right of veto. We could bar him from any Crows' events or functions. That is in our control. The grub should be made a pariah.

For his girlfriend to bring her colleagues to our home games.

613923-melanie-mclaughlin-alana-smith-and-lara-pitt.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah because being defiant when you are wrong just makes you look so smart and stuff. :rolleyes:

Just want to say the CEO has no say on the chairman of the board, so asking for him to sack chapman is silly.
He also has no say on the final draw. He certainly can put in requests for what we want but the afl will do as they please and we all should know that by now.
You miss the point. This is not surprising given your overly high opinion of our last CEO and your fanatical defence of his mediocrity.

-Aggression both on and off the field.

-A competent marketing campaign

-A competent coaching department

-A "shed" in the city.

-An external analysis of the club.

-New guernseys, both home and away.

-No "required" player exodus

-Dangerfield to captain, Sloane to vice, sauce,Tex,vb,Talia all in the leadership group

Get the basics right. I have a lot more patience when people are at least getting the basics right.

These include:
-tackling
-talking to each other when we're under the pump
-spreading
-lowering the eyes
-not running our stars into the ground playing them injured
-man up on their loose if he's butchering us

A new logo/clash etc would be sweet, but honestly it's failing at the basics that really shits me

-A "shed" in the city.

-Dangerfield to captain, Sloane to vice, sauce,Tex,vb,Talia all in the leadership group
I don't mind most of that except i guess a highly competent outsider CEO running his eyes over our underperforming operations is a form of external analysis.

Also, what do you mean by new home guernseys. In a club that needs to build tradition i don't think there's anything wrong with the home guernsey template we've had since inception. Minor design tweaks sure but the core guernsey should remain imo.

-Accountability for performance.

-Top 8 (absolute bear minimum next year)
top 4 - 2016
multiple premierships 2017 onwards.

-A ruthless, driven culture.

-AN ABSOLUTE BEAST/ELITE/EPIC FITNESS TEAM --> NEW ASSISTANT COACHES.

The last one was for emphasis, thanks Fages.

I don't mind most of that except i guess a highly competent outsider CEO running his eyes over our underperforming operations is a form of external analysis.

Also, what do you mean by new home guernseys. In a club that needs to build tradition i don't think there's anything wrong with the home guernsey template we've had since inception. Minor design tweaks sure but the core guernsey should remain imo.
I've never purchased our home guernsey as I think its ugly. Needs to lose a few hoops.

I've never purchased our home guernsey as I think its ugly. Needs to lose a few hoops.

I would prefer it to be predominantly royal blue and definitely reduce the size of the yellow and red hoops.

Clash jumper is fine. In any case, this should never be the reason why the Crows lose a game.

Remember there is worse uniforms out there in the sporting world.

I actually had to do a double take to make sure they were not naked from below.

http://www.veooz.com/news/DHUgmRO.html

782273-74fc01c6-3c4f-11e4-bf5a-0352721e6660.jpg

-A "shed" in the city.

What!?

New coaching staff.

New marketing staff.

The removal of anyone still surviving from the Craig era.

They've had their chance. They've had several.

If I hear in the next few weeks that all of the Craig-era assistant coaches are negotiating new contracts, I will be firing up Spackler's dump truck.

Also, if you say the clash strip will only be worn in exceptional circumstances, and that hoops and white shorts will be worn most of the time, MEAN IT and FIGHT FOR IT.

A thousand times this.

Our marketing is boring and pedestrian and has been for as long as I can remember. Needs a complete overhaul.

Craigy's team of failures has still largely survived. Cut them loose. Campo should go, Bickley under contract should move out of the coaches box and into the mail room. (Still on the fence about Clarke. Sauce was very good this year)

I'm starting to warm to the new logo but I absolutely hate the clash guernsey. It's better than the original one but still ugly as hell. It's the sort of thing that probably looks awesome on a computer when designing it, only to have it look like garbage when actually worn by a player in real life.

I would prefer it to be predominantly royal blue and definitely reduce the size of the yellow and red hoops.

Clash jumper is fine. In any case, this should never be the reason why the Crows lose a game.

Remember there is worse uniforms out there in the sporting world.

I actually had to do a double take to make sure they were not naked from below.

http://www.veooz.com/news/DHUgmRO.html

782273-74fc01c6-3c4f-11e4-bf5a-0352721e6660.jpg
Is that real. Hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

What the supporters want - A message to Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back