What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey David, I believe you when you say that you found some posts where someone said Gia was hopeless. No need to repost them - I concede. I certainly didn't recall the conversations that way, but they were some weeks ago.

To me the argument being put back then was that Gia is probably going to make a fine coach, but our forward line hasn't been functioning as well as we'd like, and someone has to take responsibility for that. That someone should be the forwards coach.

If some took it further than that, I missed it at the time. I also remember being accused of being a Gia hater just because I said I didn't think that he had done a stellar job as forwards coach. Despite what Hunter said about Gia, I still think that Gia's performance as a line coach was ordinary at best. Hunter may have highlighted that Gia is good at developing individual players, but that's only as part of being a line coach.

This would be a pretty shitty place if every time someone posted an unpopular, or even an incorrect opinion, it was raised in a smart arse way months later. "Nah, nah I told you so!" We see a bit of that with the McCartney baiting that goes on here from time to time and it doesn't sit well with me. It's part of posting on the interwebs though, so I accept it.
Seriously. Nobody was talking/joking about the nuanced argument you ****ing put forth. Just the moronic nong's who wanted Gia's head after every game we failed to score without even having a clue as to his day to day role. You once again both disrespect and offend me, when you think I'd make fun of a nuanced and intelligent minority opinion especially when half my time here is spent providing them. In fact if I remember correctly the first time you pm'd me was after I defended a well thought out minority opinion of yours on another board.
This is very disappointing from someone I considered a friend.

Last edited:
Seriously. Nobody was talking/joking about the nuanced argument you ******* put forth. Just the moronic nong's who wanted Gia's head after every game we failed to score without even having a clue as to his day to day role. You once again both disrespect and offend me, when you think I'd make fun of a nuanced and intelligent minority opinion especially when half my time here is spent providing them. In fact if I remember correctly the first time you pm'd me was after I defended a well thought out minority opinion of yours on another board.
This is very disappointing from someone I considered a friend.
Mike. I'm sorry if I offended you. That wasn't my intention and I don't really understand why you would be offended. I don't quite know what else to say really.

Guys we are all taking things a bit too seriously. Going on big footy is meant to be a fun thing, don't let disagreements or misunderstandings get the better of you.

immortalmike Mutt you are both well respected posters and I don't always agree with all your opinions but you guys need to let it go and start fresh because at the end of the day you both have the same objective at heart and that's that you love the dogs

Mike. I'm sorry if I offended you. That wasn't my intention and I don't really understand why you would be offended. I don't quite know what else to say really.
You implied that I meant something I didn't by my throwaway line, told me how to express my thoughts, and didn't have the respect to engage with me directly and in a non-combative way. This isn't the first time, it isn't the 17th time. I've let it go more times than I can count. I count you as a friend Mutt, this is not how friends engage with one another and frankly I'm sick and tired of it. If you want to stay cordial I suggest you try discussion next time rather than telling me how to think and feel, I'm rather over being bulldozed.

To lift the mood a little, here's Big Bad Bazza almost killing Scott Thompson

external

2016 is truly the year of the dog. The stadium news is unbelievable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We win a flag and all hell breaks loose. Thought it'd be a happy time. Guess emotions are at an all time high. Maybe best for posters to step away from the PC for a while if they start to feel heated so they don't say anything they would regret.

The GF hangover has kicked in. Its like an MDMA comedown. Everyone is tetchy and depressed.

Western Bulldogs to be rewarded with Friday night football bonanza after premiership win

WESTERN Bulldogs are set for a Friday night bonanza just one season on from being shut out of the lucrative timeslot.

Before this season, the Bulldogs had not played a Friday night game since 2012.

The club had hoped for six prime timeslots this year, but was granted just three.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan said the premiership-winning side would be rewarded in 2017.

“They’re certainly going to get their share of Friday nights,” McLachlan told the Herald Sun.

“What they can do strategically out in the west now I think means not only can they be a powerful club in the next couple of years, it really does feel like it might be an inflection point in the history of that club.

“It really feels like they might actually get a huge amount of momentum, not just for next season, but for this football club for the long term.”

McLachlan said the club’s transformation had been remarkable.

“I remember talking to (president) Peter Gordon two years ago around the time (then captain) Ryan Griffen decided to leave, I think (then coach) Brendan McCartney followed after that, a period of time after that they didn’t have a chief executive.

“It’s not just only where they were on the ladder ... it’s just such an amazing story.”

McLachlan said while the pre-finals bye appeared a success, he would seek feedback from clubs in coming weeks before a final call was made on next season.

“Certainly the football was great, attendance was great, it was the highest rating finals series in history so it feels (like) ... it built some momentum,” McLachlan said.

“Whether there were other downsides, we’ll find that out in the next couple of weeks.

“I thought it did open up the finals. Whether it’s an impost (on clubs), everyone will have their views ... I certainly think it made for a pretty attractive finals series.”

He said he expected a new pay deal for the male players to be signed off in the next three-four weeks, but he refused to reveal if players would be granted a percentage share of revenue, as they’ve demanded.

“There’s goodwill in it, we want the players to get fair deal and I’m sure we will get there,” he said.

After Luke Beveridge gave his Jock McHale Medal to injured Bulldogs’ captain Bob Murphy, there were calls for the league’s Grand Final medal system to be expanded to cater for those who have contributed, but not played.

While McLachlan said the league was unlikely to change its approach.

“Other sports do it differently, where do you start and stop and how does that work is a challenge,” he said.

“We’ve always just presented the 22 medals to the players plus a separate medal to the coach. I’m sure we’ll have a look at it, but I’ll doubt we’ll have a change for next year.”

The GF hangover has kicked in. Its like an MDMA comedown. Everyone is tetchy and depressed.

It's pretty classic really (and given the unbelievable serotonin overload, very much like one indeed).

Can we all just chill? Spot fires all over the place and for once I'm not involved.

I should say that I was one of the most vocal in blaming Gia by some way (perhaps the most vocal, if you look a that thread). I was rather intoxicated, but that is no excuse and it appears I was wrong - which isn't something to be ashamed of. It is a learning experience. The stagnancy in our game plan and issues with forward entries were, on recent evidence, the result of a lack of players on the park which slowed our run and resultant pressure acts and forward line capability. Further, it is very hard to say that one particular coach is responsible, which I did. Mea culpa, and I'll probably think more next time.

But that is it. Let's not snap at each other and take things personally. Please, just for the sake of letting things go. One aspect of a win like this is becoming more arrogant and forceful in ones opinions, and it appears, defensive (something perhaps self evident in these pararaphs I am writing now). I'm not sure why... but who cares. We just won a ****ing flag!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back