Strategy What to do with pick 1 now we’ve got it - Do We Need Reid or is it Curtins

Keep pick 1, or trade it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had enough of all of these kents already.

Nothing would satisfy me more right now than drafting H.Reid and watch him kick a bag against the tin-rattlers.

And anyone else wanting to entertain splitting the pick in this massively compromised draft needs to give themselves an uppercut as well.

So they agreed to not trade?

Good.

Don't reckon they have even chatted about it, as it stands the clubs are content with the picks they have.

I feel Curtin will slide and what point in the draft do we consider trading up?

I feel Essendon at 8 or Crows at 9 will have theories eyes set on him.

GWS pick 6 looks the one?

Would 19 and F2 be enough?

Lol, put yourselves in GWS position and pretend like we were the ones with pick 6, would you trade it for 19 and a future 2nd?

I’m going to go down to MRP and spend my birthday voucher on a number 9 jumper too.
Looking forward to the staff asking me if I’d like Naitanui or Reid on the back.

Oh Yeah Dancing GIF
Is LYLE an option?

I heard from my uncle's cousins grandpa, that his mate sat next to a bloke on the bus in Melbourne, who knows Harley Reids neighbours' step brother, who claimed that Harley Reid farted in his direction and it smelt like smashed avo on toast from Laika Coffee in Lathlain, confirmed that he's coming to West Coast 👌

Finally a realistic source.

Heard Cal Twomey this morning on Sen say that Curtin will be around 6, surely we aren't stupid enough to use the no1 pick on him? Even if we trade we would be stupid to pick him at 2.

Getting Reid and trading for Sun's pick 4 and getting McKercher If available (highly doubt) or Curtin around that pick would be best suited to us

Last edited:
Heard Cal Twomey this morning on Sen say that Curtin will be around 6, surely we aren't stupid enough to use the no1 pick on him? Even if we trade we would be stupid to pick him at 2.

Getting Reid and trading for Sun's pick 4 and getting McKercher If available (highly doubt) or Curtin around that pick would be best suited to us
Trading all, or a good part of our draft capital (apart from pick one) for an uncertain result at pick 4 doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

If we do this we won’t have options later in the draft. I don’t see that this is the best strategy.

Trading all, or a good part of our draft capital (apart from pick one) for an uncertain result at pick 4 doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

If we do this we won’t have options later in the draft. I don’t see that this is the best strategy.
Future 1st would make sense as next year's top 10 are predominantly Vic metro mummy's boys, prefer taking a Tasmanian gun or at worst a local boy (Curtin) this year over next years crop

Future 1st would make sense as next year's top 10 are predominantly Vic metro mummy's boys, prefer taking a Tasmanian gun or at worst a local boy (Curtin) this year over next years crop
Shuey and Gaff are Vic Metro 'mummies boys'.

A lot can change in 12 months.

The only trade I’d do is next years 1st and some points picks to the Suns for pick 4 and there future 1st.
Basically splitting a top 2 pick and points for 4 and more than likely a pick around 7-11.
I don’t think it would be a terrible outcome if you got McKercher or Curtin and still hold a top 10 next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only trade I’d do is next years 1st and some points picks to the Suns for pick 4 and there future 1st.
Basically splitting a top 2 pick and points for 4 and more than likely a pick around 7-11.
I don’t think it would be a terrible outcome if you got McKercher or Curtin and still hold a top 10 next year.

Agreed but the Suns wouldn’t do that because the whole point of that trade would be them thinking they can get pick 1 or 2 next year, but they’d probably need to split it to get points for this year.

Listen to the latest Gettables episode

The tone has definitely changed from Twomey regarding where Reid will end up, get the feeling he now knows it’s likely West Coast.

He did mention if North get 3 for McKay, could they split that for GWS’s 2 firsts and come to West Coast with 2 and 6 for 1, I’d still say no to that personally, would want another pick.

Also, McKercher was on and he’s incredibly well spoken, probably my favourite draftee interview wise.

Shuey and Gaff are Vic Metro 'mummies boys'.

A lot can change in 12 months.
Agree but when they were drafted jumping ships/nominating clubs was alot less common, these days its become the new trend and with more players doing it all the time it's now not frowned upon like it used to be. Players were simply not asking for trades and nominating clubs back then in the same fashion they are now.

Nominating a club in 2007 was almost unheard of when Judd did it

Listen to the latest Gettables episode

The tone has definitely changed from Twomey regarding where Reid will end up, get the feeling he now knows it’s likely West Coast.

He did mention if North get 3 for McKay, could they split that for GWS’s 2 firsts and come to West Coast with 2 and 6 for 1, I’d still say no to that personally, would want another pick.

Also, McKercher was on and he’s incredibly well spoken, probably my favourite draftee interview wise.
2 and 6 is at least in the ballpark for acceptable offers - some gravy would be nice but could live with it. Tone definitely shifting from the media though, a lot less confidence that the Eagles would want to trade.

2 and 6 is at least in the ballpark for acceptable offers - some gravy would be nice but could live with it. Tone definitely shifting from the media though, a lot less confidence that the Eagles would want to trade.

Yeah agreed, 2 and 6 isn’t melt worthy but I definitely wouldn’t want Curtin at 2 tbh, I’d want McKercher, as I think Curtin could actually scrape through to 6.

Yeah agreed, 2 and 6 isn’t melt worthy but I definitely wouldn’t want Curtin at 2 tbh, I’d want McKercher, as I think Curtin could actually scrape through to 6.
If it were McKercher at 2 and Curtin at 6 I could see us taking that in some form. If it were Curtin at 2 who on earth would we be looking at at 6?

the norf split of of 2 + 6 starting to sound like vic hopium from cal
Reckon like pantskyle has said, North is simply happy with their picks.

They're probably more concerned with getting access to Sanders, than trading up for Reid.

They're probably more concerned with getting access to Sanders, than trading up for Reid.
yep, having 2+3+sanders is a ridiculous haul. even if they are required to match a bid on him instead of getting him for free. there's an argument to be made they will be looked after better because of the tassie win. if they ended up with pick 1 i could understand the afl being less likely to hand over band 1 and/or sanders.
honestly though thank god they beat gc because **** having to trust the afl to not give them it all anyway. imagine starting at pick 4 after that season from hell.

Agree.

I think North would walk away from the first night of the draft pretty happy and content if things panned about like this:

Pick up with 2&3.
Mckercher & Curtin

Use Ports first rounder.
Ollie Murphy or another tall.

They have little incentive to give away valuable draft capital just to gain access to Reid.

I'm actually starting to think some of these Vic based footy expects are reading a lot of big footy.

The article today about Collards going in the top 30 and Curtin sliding out to pick 6 has me questioning there knowledge. I know these things have been mentioned on here. Doubt they even watched the WAFL games. Easier to just go on big footy to get insight. Especially the Collards article today I'm suss on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back