Strategy What to do with pick 1 now we’ve got it - Do We Need Reid or is it Curtins

Keep pick 1, or trade it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had enough of all of these kents already.

Nothing would satisfy me more right now than drafting H.Reid and watch him kick a bag against the tin-rattlers.

And anyone else wanting to entertain splitting the pick in this massively compromised draft needs to give themselves an uppercut as well.

I'm actually starting to think some of these Vic based footy expects are reading a lot of big footy.

The article today about Collards going in the top 30 and Curtin sliding out to pick 6 has me questioning there knowledge. I know these things have been mentioned on here. Doubt they even watched the WAFL games. Easier to just go on big footy to get insight. Especially the Collards article today I'm suss on.

Reckon a few of the articles will change when North get pick 3 for McKay and Curtin will return to top 3.

On current picks it's not a reach to suggest Curtin could drop out of the top 5.

Listen to the latest Gettables episode

The tone has definitely changed from Twomey regarding where Reid will end up, get the feeling he now knows it’s likely West Coast.

He did mention if North get 3 for McKay, could they split that for GWS’s 2 firsts and come to West Coast with 2 and 6 for 1, I’d still say no to that personally, would want another pick.

Also, McKercher was on and he’s incredibly well spoken, probably my favourite draftee interview wise.
McKercher a big Chris Judd fan. Reckon he would be chuffed in the number 3 at the Eagles when Gaff retires.

Reckon a few of the articles will change when North get pick 3 for McKay and Curtin will return to top 3.

On current picks it's not a reach to suggest Curtin could drop out of the top 5.

This is why I think Norf should be looking to trade back into Curtins actual range and bank something for their trouble.

I can tell you now even with everything that has been said by Collard and the background the back to back 5 goal hauls has garnered some interest from interstate where as before there basically was none. The only club I was worried about drafting him was Freo before pick 40.

Talked to a few people who have nothing to do with the club. They all believe that West Coast will either draft Reid with pick 1 or trade it away for multiple picks. Huge if true.
My flippin' unconnected sources are saying that we'll do a Vikings and let time expire on the pick 1 selection only for North to swoop in and take Reid before us. This seems a risky strategy to me.

I can tell you now even with everything that has been said by Collard and the background the back to back 5 goal hauls has garnered some interest from interstate where as before there basically was none. The only club I was worried about drafting him was Freo before pick 40.

Do you have a sense of our level of interest in him?

Also while he's not necessarily a real list need I really like Patton as a player and if he does slide due to height I'd still be very happy for the club to draft him.
Agree I think he is a bust proof player.
May never be a champion but I believe that he will be a very good AFL player that plays 200 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

been reading the norf board. apparently if we bid on sanders at 1, they'll just take reid at 2.
think we've been outsmarted here lads.
Honestly there are some absolute space cadets over there. Brains must be fried after watching season after season of the one we’ve just endured. The sensible ones see they (like us) should just keep their draft hand and take two of McKercher/Curtin/Duursma/Watson and a KPD with Port’s pick. If I were them I’d be looking to trade that one up a few spots to get O’Sullivan then use their later picks for points to match a bid on the Colonel if that’s available to them.

been reading the norf board. apparently if we bid on sanders at 1, they'll just take reid at 2.
These clowns must sit around licking their monitors. Whathat Gary? Orthsum, the Eagles are gunna think there smart campaigners and make us pay for Sanders? We'll just let them do it and take Harley, guffaw guffaw.

I just picture middle aged, unshaven, single fat dudes, in grey sweat pants, grey jumper that leaves the belly exposed, eating 2 minutes noodles, dripping down their chins. Orthsum.

Which makes no sense whatsoever, we have pick 1, we're going to make a song and dance to make sure Reid is the pick 1.

My flippin' unconnected sources are saying that we'll do a Vikings and let time expire on the pick 1 selection only for North to swoop in and take Reid before us. This seems a risky strategy to me.
Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Norf really are special. You can just see the tears

I just messaged The Filth Wizard who is my brother about the standards of that boards brain activity.

I just messaged The Filth Wizard who is my brother about the standards of that boards brain activity.
I remember when the only North fans I knew were him and Dingster. On a positive note, venturing into the draft board confirms that North do indeed have fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back