Strategy What to do with pick 1 now we’ve got it - Do We Need Reid or is it Curtins

Keep pick 1, or trade it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had enough of all of these kents already.

Nothing would satisfy me more right now than drafting H.Reid and watch him kick a bag against the tin-rattlers.

And anyone else wanting to entertain splitting the pick in this massively compromised draft needs to give themselves an uppercut as well.

Already arranged the manure to be dumped outside Lathlain.

Nisbett gleefully rubs his hands together on the anticipated arrival of the manure,
he is happy that with more manure, as that means that he has more bullshit at his disposal to spread around.

I’ve already microwaved my membership card. Dunno about you guys.

brb deleting my account

FKAFKASC to pop up in 30 mins

My few mates with loose connections to the club seem convinced we'll be trading down.

They're admitting it's not based on anything overly concrete but it's still making me very nervous.

This was an excellent troll. Kudos.
Things were getting a little boring in here, everyone had calmed down after the initial FOFU (fear of f**king up) following the last gasp loss to secure Pick 1 and more or less accepted that O'Brien wont lose his mind and that we are taking Harley.

Then you drop this and we are back to the start of the cycle with pre-emptive membership microwaving, EP becoming suicidal and suggesting trades including offering our anal virginity to Norf and a few dozen Hino trucks full of manure currently causing a traffic jam on Oorong road waiting for the nod to drop their load at MRP.

All this and we haven't started week 2 of the finals.

How flipping good is this board?

WC have very rarely had their draft intentions leaked 1-2 days out from the draft , let alone this early.. So every one needs to relax.
No well run club will make a final decision this far out from the draft, you just don't know what will come up between now and the draft, if north get pick 3 compo then offer pick 2,3 and future first then eagles will need to have a discussion internally.
IMO North would be mad to not take Curtin, McKercher and Sanders(NGA top 10). Build a Tassie core with Thomas, McKercher and Sanders will be great for their commercial growth in Tasmania.

No well run club will make a final decision this far out from the draft,

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Ok for hypothetical sake and because I'm bored in this scenario who do we pick.

And also I need to mention Curtin if your not aware is currently sliding due to poor form. Was around pick 5-6 before but now after his last two games his probally more a pick 8-12.
In no way should we be picking with any pick thats 2&3 or we are going to be selling ourselves short.

So with knowing that, who do we pick with 2&3

It's still a risky concept because McKercher would be the first choice but he would have to interview well to say he wants and has no issues coming to us. So far we have heard nothing about McKercher and him being a flight risk.
Who's the next pick and can we comfortably say he is fine with coming to us.
McKercher is a Tasmanian so he is a safer bet then most for at least the next four years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went into the club store, used my bday voucher to grab a playing top with #9. The girl behind the counter asked if i wanted a name printed as well for free. Sure why not. She asked if wanted Naitanui or Reid.
Pick 1 confirmed team.
Hope you said "Both please"

Wait the rumour was it was done weeks ago? Good grief, 1 million percent fake.
The same bloke thought JHF would be held to his contract at North last year, as well as stating Ziebell would go to Geelong a few years ago.

Then that Psycho nuffie tried claiming him as a 'reliable' source on the D&T thread.

Boy oh boy wowee...

I feel Curtin will slide and what point in the draft do we consider trading up?

I feel Essendon at 8 or Crows at 9 will have theories eyes set on him.

GWS pick 6 looks the one?

Would 19 and F2 be enough?

This was an excellent troll. Kudos.
Things were getting a little boring in here, everyone had calmed down after the initial FOFU (fear of f**king up) following the last gasp loss to secure Pick 1 and more or less accepted that O'Brien wont lose his mind and that we are taking Harley.

Then you drop this and we are back to the start of the cycle with pre-emptive membership microwaving, EP becoming suicidal and suggesting trades including offering our anal virginity to Norf and a few dozen Hino trucks full of manure currently causing a traffic jam on Oorong road waiting for the nod to drop their load at MRP.

All this and we haven't started week 2 of the finals.

How *ing good is this board?

After this year's performances, I don't think we can claim anal virginity, quite the opposite, loose like a wizard's sleeve...

Obviously pick 6. That will actually be pick 9.
Ah. Well my guess is that would not be enough to get that pick. We already have our other pick in the teens and I can't see them wanting to give up 6(9)((8))(((7))) when they could pick up a Sanders/Watson/Caddy.
Giants have such a young list and seem to be okay taking a few players a year rather than a crop of 5/6.
I do think there's probably a trade in there if another club is involved mind you.

I feel Curtin will slide and what point in the draft do we consider trading up?

I feel Essendon at 8 or Crows at 9 will have theories eyes set on him.

GWS pick 6 looks the one?

Would 19 and F2 be enough?
Like you said think Curtin will slide
if we trade pick 1 to North and get pick 2 and 3
I would take Mckercher and Dursma over Curtin
Dursma will start out as a forward that will move into a mid eventually

Hopefully we keep pick 1 and take Harley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back