Strategy What to do with pick 1 now we’ve got it - Do We Need Reid or is it Curtins

Keep pick 1, or trade it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had enough of all of these kents already.

Nothing would satisfy me more right now than drafting H.Reid and watch him kick a bag against the tin-rattlers.

And anyone else wanting to entertain splitting the pick in this massively compromised draft needs to give themselves an uppercut as well.

That’s why they played for the Dockers
He guys, we hold pick one which we could use on these unproven kidds called Luke Hodge or Chris Judd but........ I've gotta fantastic idea, lets trade it for Trent Croad, he is a proven star at AFL already and there is nothing saying that these young kidds will ever be as good. All in..... Yep where in. LOL Freo.

Because Clarko had probably already met with Gil over a coffee and told him what the AFL has to give North.
I reckon he was assuming and hoping they'd lose, but his players flipped the script on him and he had to go with it.

Clarko is not the sort of guy to not milk a system. He was probably in the coaches box thinking, "drop it campaigner", "do ya hamstring, campaigner", "effing spaz, why would you mark that?"

Last edited:

2 and 3 for 1 and 19
Curtin and duursma, I'll take that over Reid and a stab at 19. But that is the only deal I would be doing, very happy to take Reid otherwise
I reckon we've got enought leverage to keep 19.

Or at least get that pick they have somewhere around 30.

1 => 2 and 3
1 and 19(ish) => 2, 3 and 30(ish)

I'm not sure north will have 3 though, but as I mentioned elsewhere gold coast have 4 and are only interested in the points.

North have been given pick 3 and three late firsts as charity. I'd be asking for all of it plus pick 2.
Isn't their potential 3 pick as part of the McKay compo, which isn't decided till next week?

The only thing I've seen is they've got three end of first round picks as a priority assistance package...

But I could definitely have missed something. Living in the UK and it's not always easy to keep up.

2 and 3 for 1 and 19
Curtin and duursma, I'll take that over Reid and a stab at 19. But that is the only deal I would be doing, very happy to take Reid otherwise
I think you have to take McKercher. He's a massive flight risk IMO, but he's way more of a sure thing than Duursma, and Curtin, well he's a CHB. I'd take McKercher and Duursma, if not McKercher and Curtin. And I wouldn't be giving up #19. And no, Roos are never going to do that deal. McKercher and Curtin, or Curtin and Watson, is better for them than just Reid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we laugh them out of town if the offer is 2 and 14. That is a ridiculous offer.

If they want Redi, 2 and another very high pick, please. At a minimum. They should be able to prise 4 from Gold Coast as all the Suns are interested in are the points, so 4 for 14 and 19 works.

Must admit, it'd be very hard to turn down 2 and 4 for Reid. He's an absolute gun but I don't think there has been a draftee that is worth more than 2 and 4.

I would be comfortable either way - it's a very strong hand to have, for both us and North. But we have the player they want and if they want him bad enough then we should be making them go over and above. You could possibly even squeeze pick 19 from them with us sending back 34, but maybe that's a bit OTT.
Pick 4 is going to end up being a pick in the 60’s in this draft

If North really wanted Reid they absolutely would of dropped that last game of the season against Gold Coast and just taking pick 1 and pick 2 in the draft.

They didn't do that for a reason. They don't have any interest in Reid. For them it was all about list requirements in a Key defender. North want Curtin and McKercher. With pick 2,3 it's a no brainer for them. McKercher and Curtin. Those end of first picks they have now 100% they will be doing everything for GC pick 4 and try to obtain Sanders with it. Probably will give them all up.
Pick 14,19, F19, F20 for GC pick 4

We won't be offered nothing from North.
Reid is ours. This merry go round of suggestions from North will give us this or that is pointless. Start of Round 24 North had Reid and they won the match when they could of lost it to obtain him easy. That wasn't by accident. They know who they wanted.

Also tell me this especially by how Clarko is so desperate for handouts from the AFL and not afraid of manipulation of the system. Do you think he would honestly care about winning the last game of the season to lose out on pick one. Clarko has no integrity and would of tanked it. His the biggest fraud in the AFL. He just wasn't interested in Reid as he has his midfield built already and multiple picks means he can get a key defender and also mid in McKercher. Clarko going to Perth watching Colts Grand final tells you everything.

Kangas Pick 2&3 are not even on the table.

Last edited:
If North really wanted Reid they absolutely would of dropped that last game of the season against Gold Coast and just taking pick 1 and pick 2 in the draft.

They didn't do that for a reason. They don't have any interest in Reid. For them it was all about list requirements in a Key defender. North want Curtin and McKercher. With pick 2,3 it's a no brainer for them. McKercher and Curtin. Those end of first picks they have now 100% they will be doing everything for GC pick 4 and try to obtain Sanders with it. Probably will give them all up.

Reid is ours. This merry go round of suggestions from North will give us this or that is pointless. Start of Round 24 North had Reid and they won the match when they could of lost it to obtain him easy. That wasn't by accident. They know who they wanted.

Also tell me this especially by how Clarko is so desperate for handouts from the AFL and not afraid of manipulation of the system. Do you think he would honestly care about winning the last game of the season to lose out on pick one. Clarko has no integrity and would of tanked it. He just wasn't interested in Reid as he has his midfield built and multiple picks means he can get a key defender and a mid. Clarko going to Perth watching Colts Grand final tells you everything.

Ryley Sanders isn’t worth giving up pick 14, 19, F19 & F 20 to get to pick 4 and take him. 😂

Also tell me this especially by how Clarko is so desperate for handouts from the AFL and not afraid of manipulation of the system. Do you think he would honestly care about winning the last game of the season to lose out on pick one. Clarko has no integrity and would of tanked it. His the biggest fraud in the AFL. He just wasn't interested in Reid as he has his midfield built already and multiple picks means he can get a key defender and also mid in McKercher. Clarko going to Perth watching Colts Grand final tells you everything.

Sorry but no, North do have interest in Reid and discussions have taken place but not to any level where a deal was close, they'll likely talk again once the McKay compo is sorted.

On your logic Eagles have no interest in Reid because they beat the Dogs a week prior.

Sorry but no, North do have interest in Reid and discussions have taken place but not to any level where a deal was close, they'll likely talk again once the McKay compo is sorted.

On your logic Eagles have no interest in Reid because they beat the Dogs a week prior.
So based on this we can presume 2 & 14 is clearly a no-go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back