Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree. I hear 100 times more criticism of Taylor than Underwood has ever copped. Rightly so too because he's far, far worse.
BTs is on channel 7, and has a muchhh bigger reach which means he's gonna have a bigger "pie" of people criticising him. And I still think Underwood cops it a lot more.

There are misogynists out there no doubt, but if the hate for Underwood was truly rooted in misogyny then Daisy Pearce wouldn’t be one one of football’s most popular analysts. Most footy fans love her input

The hate for Underwood roots from her incompetence and her terrible voice for the role.
This just makes laugh. Daisy Pearce absolutely cops it for no real reason

Much like modelling roles belong to those with good heads, commentary roles should be reserved for those with good voices

This multiplied by 10000.

Notice how in the past, as amateurish as apparently it was, all the broadcasters looked more or less like insurance salesmen. They weren't there for looks or perceived celebrity status. They were there to call the game. That's it. I honestly can't remember a game - ever - where Landy or Drew Morphett or Sandy Roberts (and he was the excitable one then) or any of them referred to who they followed, or anything remotely partisan. They never took sides. Never.

They actually commentated instead of barracked.

I believe there should be a rule where if the ball travels X amount of distance forward, it can't be called deliberate. We shouldn't punish teams booting the ball in the direction of their goal and maybe it trickles over the line before players get to it. It should be more for sideways and backwards kicks.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
love it

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Couldn't disagree more.

Footy fans aren't stupid, they actually know when a game is over and when a team is on fire. Having morons like Taylor insult the intelligence of fans by pretending Brisbane didn't kick 10 goals in a row is the opposite of what they should be paid to do.

What they should be paid to do is impartially call the game, maybe mention how incredible Brisbane were, maybe mention that Collingwood were a slim chance but in reality Brisbane were playing too well, and it was a good reality check for Collingwood. All true, all obvious, none over the top. No mindless cheerleading required either.

You can disagree, I can disagree, half the viewing public can disagree, but as unpopular an opinion/decision as it may be, at the moment, it's what is going on and it's what they are told and paid to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

errrr, not its not necessarily. What the hell is wrong with you?
THINK about it....
That’s fine. You can disagree, but if you’re using an unnecessary and hurtful insult typically used to insult women, towards a woman, you’re being misogynistic.

I won’t try to change your mind though. If you disagree then by all means, continue to keep your head in the sand.

Nope. Just dont have anytime for idiots that scream misogyny any chance they get, based on zero evidence of such.
Then if you dont know, perhaps you should mimd your own business.
Dont presume and label. Virtue signalling is pathetic, by the way...
"Zero evidence of such" ****ing lol.
Alright I'm just gonna repost but this time it's in reply to you.

And look if you say that you genuinely don't like BT and Underwood, and that you're not sexist I'll believe you.
But I'm just saying there's a shit ton of people that Love BT (or any other commentator), Blunders/crappy comments and all but will ignore that and proceed to shit on Underwood for doing the same thing. Same goes for Daisy Pearce.

Another thing you can look at is ton of people losing their shit at the existence of AFLW - yes the standard isn't great but they can just ignore it, it has no effect on their lives but instead they choose to go out of their way to talk shit about these women just having a crack, that's sexism if you ask me.
I dont watch it but you know what i do? I just scroll on and ignore it, its not that hard😂

Mysgony and sexism is still there, we're definitely getting better but I'm gonna call it out if I can

For the Record BT is WAY worse than Kellie or Daisy.
Way.
its got nothing to do with whats between their legs, I couldn't give a rats arse if your man women or beast.
its got everything to do with if your shit at your job or not.
If you are, you can and should be called out for it.
Women NOT excluded !

And a shit ton of people surrely cant like BT, dont make shit up. Guy is cooked and a raging narcissist.
There! Some labelling for ya !

This multiplied by 10000.

Notice how in the past, as amateurish as apparently it was, all the broadcasters looked more or less like insurance salesmen. They weren't there for looks or perceived celebrity status. They were there to call the game. That's it. I honestly can't remember a game - ever - where Landy or Drew Morphett or Sandy Roberts (and he was the excitable one then) or any of them referred to who they followed, or anything remotely partisan. They never took sides. Never.

They actually commentated instead of barracked.
Indeed.
Some things DON'T get better.

Kelly Underwood is awful her voice is torture

She got the job by default a being the only female caller when the whole AFLW revolution kicked off. Now there is many better options, every AFL covering radio station seems to have at least 1 female commentators whose voice isn't so awful. The woman who does special comments on MMM is particularly good. Sorry I'm not good at remembering names male or female, not trying to be a racist misogynist bigot

Round 1 should've been
"insert team" haven't Scored a goal for 184days" or whatever
"... and big Maxy Gawn wins his first hitout for approximately two-hundred and ninety-six thousand, nine hundred and sixty-two minutes, and seventeen seconds... give or take!!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back