Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hence why it’s unpopular.

JPK was an absolute beast, no one could tackle him and all his tackles stuck. Mills not in the same midfielder class. In defence, even this year, is when he looked his best.
Yes, he was unfit, that's why he looked better in defence.

Of course he's good in defence, we all know that, but for what the team needs, he's probably better in midfield.

I don't mind Cornes as a media personality.

I like Buckley too...

Do I have a problem?
If you understand that Cornes is being deliberately inflammatory because that is his business model and don't take him too seriously then he is ok.

I actually don't mind Buckley and that is why I'm seeing a therapist.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

AFL footballers are better tacklers than NFL footballers.

Most under 9's rugby players have better tackling technique than AFL footballers.

Watching just does my head in everytime I see them.

Do they not have a tackling coach?

When you choose to follow a sports team, you go in knowing that they will win some and lose some...

Upon Longmire's retirement, we will see the end of one of the most successful periods any club has ever seen, except perhaps Geelong. In Longmire's 14 seasons as head coach, he has missed the finals twice... TWICE!

While he has lost 3/4 grand finals, very few coaches give their teams the opportunities that John has given us. You cannot win a grand final if you do not make the finals.

All you people whinging and whining about Horse and his GF record, will be weeping big fat crocodile tears when he is gone, and we bring in a coach from outside, and then go back to making the finals five or six times in a row and then bottoming out for the next five or six.

No one forced you to go to the GF, no one forced you fork out the cost of flights, accommodation and tickets; and you had already seen us at our worst earlier in the year, out of nowhere. You chose, you went and we lost. Get a grip already! Nobody died, its a game...

1728937476294.png

When you choose to follow a sports team, you go in knowing that they will win some and lose some...

Upon Longmire's retirement, we will see the end of one of the most successful periods any club has ever seen, except perhaps Geelong. In Longmire's 14 seasons as head coach, he has missed the finals twice... TWICE!

While he has lost 3/4 grand finals, very few coaches give their teams the opportunities that John has given us. You cannot win a grand final if you do not make the finals.

All you people whinging and whining about Horse and his GF record, will be weeping big fat crocodile tears when he is gone, and we bring in a coach from outside, and then go back to making the finals five or six times in a row and then bottoming out for the next five or six.

No one forced you to go to the GF, no one forced you fork out the cost of flights, accommodation and tickets; and you had already seen us at our worst earlier in the year, out of nowhere. You chose, you went and we lost. Get a grip already! Nobody died, its a game...

1728937476294.png

Good post , because it's so wrong 🤣

My unpopular opinion is people who think the club is successful now because they only missed finals twice are probably the same people who think every kid on the team gets a trophy and we shouldn't keep score .

Bonkers

My unpopular opinion is people who think the club is successful now because they only missed finals twice are probably the same people who think every kid on the team gets a trophy and we shouldn't keep score .

Bonkers
Yep.
In my mind at least, Longmire can now be viewed in the same light as Hinkley, only were Hinkley falls apart in a prelim, Longmire loses it in the GF.
And yes I do realise Longmire won in 2012, but this year has taken the gloss off that for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back