What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

c’mon t.p you must know these requirements are only honoured in the breach. does the ‘cormack foundation’ still exist?

I believe it does, but as the penalties for breaching the law are criminal (and not civil), I know that compliance is taken very seriously. The administrative burden provides an active disincentive to raise funds at a local level.

So do the rank and file not care about the fact that it's politically fraught? Are they so convinced that they're right on nuclear and everyone else is wrong?

There is a number of factors at play:

• a huge part of the membership believe the reason we lose elections is that "we don't stand for things", and advocating for nuclear is "standing for something"
  • it's a clear point of difference from the ALP
  • I think most in the party believe that there is a lot of misconceptions about the safety of nuclear power (the old "others just aren't informed" trope we see all over the political spectrum)
  • it is baseload power with zero emissions

I believe there is more detail on the policy coming. The election isn't next week. But doing this sort of stuff from opposition is historically very difficult electorally.

I believe it does, but as the penalties for breaching the law are criminal (and not civil), I know that compliance is taken very seriously. The administrative burden provides an active disincentive to raise funds at a local level.

well, the tissues have been awash with the stories over decades of how it’s been evaded, tp. by all major parties and hanson’s too.

in the ideal world, there’d be no political donations. all federally funded with huge penalties (party and personal) if found to have transgressed.

well, the tissues have been awash with the stories over decades of how it’s been evaded, tp. by all major parties and hanson’s too.

in the ideal world, there’d be no political donations. all federally funded with huge penalties (party and personal) if found to have transgressed.

I'm always surprised by how many people support taxpayer's money being used to fund political campaigns to get people elected.

I hope you enjoyed your lunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm always surprised by how many people support taxpayer's money being used to fund political campaigns to get people elected.

It would reduce the current perception - probably even reality - of political favour being bought.

Well they are doing their best to sabotage Australia by scaring off investment whilst in opposition.

I dread to think of the damage caused if elected.

All on behalf of a coterie of billionaire freaks, coal barons and cranks at the Atlas Network.

It's crazy that these traitors are so cheap to buy.

That’s the cost for having democracy that actually works.

Do you think political donations work fine in the US? are having candidates like Biden and Trump.
The US political system is dead because of political corruption and lobby groups.

So the Party that does not believe in a cap on Men, believes in a cap on renewables.

This is extraordinary by Dutton.
They're trying to stop investment in renewables from happening from opposition

Remove this Banner Ad

What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back