What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s the cost for having democracy that actually works.

Do you think political donations work fine in the US? are having candidates like Biden and Trump.
The US political system is dead because of political corruption and lobby groups.

The American system is specifically designed to avoid transparency - groups spend money and no one ever knows where the money comes from. I've detailed the transparent system I'd prefer.

So the Party that does not believe in a cap on Men, believes in a cap on renewables.

This is extraordinary by Dutton.
So it wasn't the immigrants driving up cost of living after all, it was renewables. What'll be the next scapegoat when this particular brain fart is torn to bits?

The American system is specifically designed to avoid transparency - groups spend money and no one ever knows where the money comes from. I've detailed the transparent system I'd prefer.

I’d ban political donations completely.
Paying for favours is just wrong when it’s tax payers money.

As soon as you accept donations you are basically undermining democracy.

I’d ban political donations completely.
Paying for favours is just wrong when it’s tax payers money.

As soon as you accept donations you are basically undermining democracy.

It's a lost skill in politics - taking money from someone and then not giving that person what they asked for.

But perhaps a single mother working two jobs earning $50,000 per year is a better person to get the money for political campaigning from. She doesn't really need the cash or the services that money being given to political parties could pay for instead.

It's a lost skill in politics - taking money from someone and then not giving that person what they asked for.

But perhaps a single mother working two jobs earning $50,000 per year is a better person to get the money for political campaigning from. She doesn't really need the cash or the services that money being given to political parties could pay for instead.

Yer and the reason she has to work 2 jobs is because of campaigners like you have constantly voted the way of those making political donations and eroding her working rights… like penalty rates.

the only truly transparent peeps have been the teals. both ryan and daniels list all their donors.

peeps using big donations to the majors (whether overt or covert, and the libs have unions too like the a.m.a, mining, retail, master builders, etc and donors who like the egregious and dangerous i.p.a somehow gets charity status and get tax deductibility ) do it as a means of getting favoured treatment.

the right and fair thing to do is stop political donations. and do more to control the pestilence that are lobbyists

the only truly transparent peeps have been the teals. both ryan and daniels list all their donors.

peeps using big donations to the majors (whether overt or covert, and the libs have unions too like the a.m.a, mining, retail, master builders, etc and donors who like the egregious and dangerous i.p.a somehow gets charity status and get tax deductibility ) do it as a means of getting favoured treatment.

the right and fair thing to do is stop political donations. and do more to control the pestilence that are lobbyists

I think it's a rather naive argument to think stopping the donations will stop the influence. The large organisations will still find ways to influence elected officials. As I said, it's a problem of political will.

I don't have any issue with how the teals raised their funds.

I do not think its a wise or prudent way to spend taxpayer's money - giving it to political parties for them to spend in the aim of their own electoral success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's a rather naive argument to think stopping the donations will stop the influence. The large organisations will still find ways to influence elected officials. As I said, it's a problem of political will.

I don't have any issue with how the teals raised their funds.

I do not think its a wise or prudent way to spend taxpayer's money - giving it to political parties for them to spend in the aim of their own electoral success.

what’s naive is not to be fully across the enormous influence professional lobbyists have and the lucrative space it is - for good reason. blocking off, or at least substantially controlling, their access and means would make the political process less likely to be manipulated, polluted, and grubby even. but you’re a reactionary so sanitising the process isn’t front of mind.

my point about the two teals i mentioned was that they are the only ones who have declared details of all their donations.

of course, you don’t want to stop the enormous income you get from the plutocracy, they are your peeps.

what’s naive is not to be fully across the enormous influence professional lobbyists have and the lucrative space it is - for good reason. blocking off, or at least substantially controlling, their access and means would make the political process less likely to be manipulated, polluted, and grubby even. but you’re a reactionary so sanitising the process isn’t front of mind.

my point about the two teals i mentioned was that they are the only ones who have declared details of all their donations.

of course, you don’t want to stop the enormous income you get from the plutocracy, they are your peeps.

I think going full transparency is a more achievable outcome than full prohibition. I am of the opinion that you'll never stop the attempts at influencing.

On the other hand, a rather unpopular suggestion for trying to make elected officials influence-proof may be to pay them more so they're not as reliant on a paycheck post parliamentary-career.

I don't deny the enormous influence. I just think it's largely unavoidable.

Spud's an arrogant f***er isn't he? Nuclear is banned, it's illegal in Queensland with the Liberals saying as late as yesterday they wouldn't lift it if elected so he goes and announces two nuclear power plants in Queensland. You'd think they'd have learned after Robodebt that you can't do anything you like even if you're in government. This isn't nuclear bollocks isn't serious policy and shouldn't be treated as such.

Spud's an arrogant f***er isn't he? Nuclear is banned, it's illegal in Queensland with the Liberals saying as late as yesterday they wouldn't lift it if elected so he goes and announces two nuclear power plants in Queensland. You'd think they'd have learned after Robodebt that you can't do anything you like even if you're in government. This isn't nuclear bollocks isn't serious policy and shouldn't be treated as such.
I wonder if he will announce the preferred location... or leave everyone to wonder if it will pop up near their town.

1718755205590.png
ferris buellers day off movie quotes GIF

Oooh he has called the locations.

Right near other power plants....

Gladstone.

On the coast, eh? Nothing sensitive about that area. Totes stable and not at all possible to end in another Fukushima.

1718755275494.png

It’s like he knows it would never happen

Their energy policy is to have no policy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back