What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

There are just as many who say the opposite and there is also the knowledge that it works overseas.
I mean we could both cherry pick people to suit our arguments so its pointless at the end of the day.
Quote the economists who say that nuclear from a project commencement date of today is competitive financially. Include their conflicts of interest as well.

Or I call your statement bullshit.

They are not saying ‘halt renewables’. I wish people would actually read the policy instead of getting emotional or getting their news from Twitter.

And where are you getting this 71% figure for India from?

It's just funny that the whole world is building more renewables and the LNP's plan is to do something that was last relevant in the 1980's. It's on-brand, if anything.

Renewable energy accounted for 71.5% of the record 13,669 megawatts (MW) power generation capacity added by India in the first quarter (Jan-Mar) of this year (2024), while coal’s share (including lignite) of total power capacity dropped below 50% for the first time since the 1960s.

This is well ahead of the Government of India’s target to establish 50% cumulative power generation capacity from non-fossil fuel-based sources by 2030, according to the latest POWERup quarterly report from the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA).

The decline mirrors a global trend, with demand for coal in G7 countries plumbing record lows in 2023, levels not seen since 1900. To accelerate the transition, G7 countries last month vowed to phase out all unabated coal power generation by 2035, expanding on their commitment to end all construction of new coal-fired power plants.

As 2024 shapes as a pivotal year in the global transition away from fossil fuels, India is at the forefront, makes great strides towards the target of Net Zero greenhouse gas emissions.

If you want to be involved in LNP policy, isn’t that where it’s created?

How you gonna change things from the outside?
Sky News don’t create anything - they are just human droids stuck on repeat.

Faceless seppos write the policy. Gina and co go along for the ride and chip in here and there (IPA) and bribe and schmooze the politicians (Dutton, Barnaby) to keep them focussed.

As probably the only person in this thread who has worked in writing LNP policy, I find this all rather amusing.

I am reminded of that old Woody Allen joke: why do all the people who really know how to run the world drive cabs or cut hair for a living?

As probably the only person in this thread who has worked in writing LNP policy, I find this all rather amusing.

I am reminded of that old Woody Allen joke: why do all the people who really know how to run the world drive cabs or cut hair for a living?
All the people who know how to run the world are in business, they arent wasting their time in politics earning well unders

If you seriously think ex copper Dutton and union rep Albo are anything above median intellect you are misguided

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For whose benefit was killing the mining tax?

All the people who know how to run the world are in business, they arent wasting their time in politics earning well unders

If you seriously think ex copper Dutton and union rep Albo are anything above median intellect you are misguided

Some of the most diabolical decisions in human history have been made by the smartest people. I'm happy to concede both Mr Dutton and Mr Albanese possess useful, practical skills in order to get to the positions they now hold.

The LNP have policies?

Typical disingenuous answer.

What about the emissions trading scheme - who did canning that benefit?

I'm going to give you the opportunity to answer your own rhetorical questions.

But if you want to know why the emissions trading scheme was canned, I'd ask the person who did it, but he's busy standing next to Julian Assange right this minute.

I'm going to give you the opportunity to answer your own rhetorical questions.

But if you want to know why the emissions trading scheme was canned, I'd ask the person who did it, but he's busy standing next to Julian Assange right this minute.
lol

Current nuclear policy - who are the big winners from that?

Apropos of nothing I can't see the point in arguing with trolls once they've made it clear they're not interested in an honest discussion, it just makes for tedious reading that I can't be bothered with.

I think nationals MP - Monkey isn't a troll but a provocateur.
To give a sense of the insignificant minority actually being a majority with a sensible position.

The technique is that they will post a large collection of lies and misinformation. Shotgunning shit at the wall. With it being easily disproven or disputed. Bait.
They will then select a word or sentence from the many replies and demand full factual evidence and support for it, while ignoring all of the refutations made of their previous posts.
Cycle repeat.

The goal is to make casual observers feel that it's much more a 'he said she said' situation. And that like climate change there is no real answer, and that you can just go with your 'team' on what feels right.

The casual observer doesn't see 10 people replying to 1 poster. They see a 50/50 conversation where the nuclear underdogs are being attacked by 'smug Greenie extremists', just for sharing their opinion.

lol

Current nuclear policy - who are the big winners from that?
Being a Lib means never saying sorry, by rights they deserved the same sort of punishment beating at the last election as the Tories are about to cop in the UK.

Is this specifically about the handful of posts joking that LNP policy is drafted by SkyNews?

Or are you talking more generally about the topics in this thread?

Remove this Banner Ad

What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back