What you did to deserve to be a Geelong supporter...

Remove this Banner Ad

fugsy said:
It's been next year since 1963 :(

told ex partner who is geelong fan that since your team hasn't won a grandfinal since 1963 the year i came into this world, they won't win again until i depart this world. sorry guys, only the good die young and i sure hell as tend be here for a hell of a long time. :D

GO POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For most posters on BF, football is a part of our life. Sometimes we feel that we live and die by the success of our football team.

Last night your team showed character, a character that makes this game what it is. All Geelong, whether heartbroken or not should be proud of what happened last night. Even more proud that the players were such men and allowed their emotions to spill over. That proves they gave everything for their jumper.

This is my last finals series on this earth. I have cancer, I am dying and I will die. I was told by doctors I would not make it to christmas this year. I had no expectations of even being able to type now, September, but I still can. The ability to be able to function and use my arms is a blessing in itself. I am wheelchair bound and will never walk again. Im fighting my battle within.

I am blessed to be able to still watch the footy, sometimes even enjoy it.

bring it on said:
told ex partner who is geelong fan that since your team hasn't won a grandfinal since 1963 the year i came into this world, they won't win again until i depart this world. sorry guys, only the good die young and i sure hell as tend be here for a hell of a long time. :D

GO POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comedy :rolleyes:

skipper kelly said:
For most posters on BF, football is a part of our life. Sometimes we feel that we live and die by the success of our football team.

Last night your team showed character, a character that makes this game what it is. All Geelong, whether heartbroken or not should be proud of what happened last night. Even more proud that the players were such men and allowed their emotions to spill over. That proves they gave everything for their jumper.

This is my last finals series on this earth. I have cancer, I am dying and I will die. I was told by doctors I would not make it to christmas this year. I had no expectations of even being able to type now, September, but I still can. The ability to be able to function and use my arms is a blessing in itself. I am wheelchair bound and will never walk again. Im fighting my battle within.

God, that puts things into a little perspective.
Thanks for the kind words, hope the Swans can do it for you.

It was very disappointing. I was at the game and my voice couldn’t scream anymore. I knew that there was about 10 seconds to go and I suddenly thought that we maybe be able to hold on. When the davi9s goal went through it really guttered me. I thought it was the best and most disciplined performance I have seen Geelong play interstate and maybe even anywhere. It would have been nice to hold on and stick it up those swans supporters, gee they were partying like it was a grand final and good on them, I would have too, if I snatched victory on the hands of defeat. It’s a long time until the next finals serious and first we have to get there. We had a chance and blew it, but we have the heart the endeavour to rectify it next year and stick it up the football world.

1989 - Lost GF by six points
1991 - Lost 2ndSF (the one that puts you straight into the GF) to eventual premier Hawthorn by 2 points, Ablett out, then PF to WCE by 15 points
1992 - Lost GF by 4 goals after leading by a similar margin
1993 - Won last 5 games against top-six sides before missing out on the finals by the proverbial
1994 - Stomped in GF
1995 - Everyone says we're a chance, Carlton proves them wrong. Killed in the GF.
1997 - THAT mark and THAT unfair home final to Adelaide plus a rampaging Carey do us in.
2004 - Lose preliminary final to Brisbane after leading all night, admittedly unfairly at the MCG
2005 - Lose semifinal to ********ing Nick Davis

GURU BOB: "There are some people destined to never experience happiness, joy or total fulfillment in their lives. For these people, God has given us the Geelong Football Club."

How true.

Devasted but like a one other i sat there and wondered for the first time if it was worth it, just couldn't be bothered getting angry when u watch 3-4 key forwards not prepeared to put there body on the line and make the right decisions, if only we had a decent tall who could take a mark.

This could really hurt the club next year but only time will tell, a few of our guns must be wondering if its worth it

I have been gutted once too many times by the GFC and for my own sanity I will not be renewing my membership next year. But then again I say this every year at about this time.

A small piece of advice for Jimmy Bartel. Before you sign your next contract, consider your motivations. If you are after more money, you won't get it at GFC because of our 'we pay everyone equally' pay system. Essendon or Collingwood are better suited to this purpose. If you are playing for team glory, you certainly won't get it at Geelong. I suggest you go to one of 15 other teams who will taste success before we do.

catempire said:
I don't know that the hell I did to deserve it.

I'm 24 years old.

Been a member for 16 years.

Seen 4 losing Grand Finals.

Bleed blue and white.

Gutted.

Talk to me when.....

You re 40
Been a memebr all my life
Bleed blue and white.
Totally gutted

and the worst bit is im Married to a PORT POWER Supporter and had to put up with them winning last year and a house full of Port inlaws.

KILL ME NOW

skipper kelly said:

Skipper Kelly, as well many others on our BF community football is a very big of my life. I am a supporter and observer, I have never played for a club but I love our game to bits and I love the GFC even more.

But as devastating that game was last night, I can not begin to imagine what you, your family and your friends are going through now. I wish you and your family all the best and hope the Swannies win the flag for you. God bless.

worthogs said:
Talk to me when.....

You re 40
Bleed blue and white.
Totally gutted

and the worst bit is im Married to a PORT POWER Supporter and had to put up with them winning last year and a house full of Port inlaws.

KILL ME NOW

:eek:
|
/ | \
------ |------>>
/ \
/ \

And it would be considered an act of mercy, too.

Going into the game i was confident. i just had a feeling we would win. I didnt get upmyself at qtr time, nor at half time when we had the SCG shocked. i knew they would come back. At 3 qtr time i was abit nervous because sydney were getting their run back but i dotn think anyone could have predicted what was going to happen.

When davis kicked that goal, and the siren went THREE seconds later i just sat on the couch feeling numb... i got up calmly walked to my room, slammed the door and just cried and cried and cried...

But im only 16 and my pain could not come close to the people older than me that can actually remember all those GFs in the 1990's.... but man was i hurt last night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9th Life said:
Skipper Kelly, as well many others on our BF community football is a very big of my life. I am a supporter and observer, I have never played for a club but I love our game to bits and I love the GFC even more.

But as devastating that game was last night, I can not begin to imagine what you, your family and your friends are going through now. I wish you and your family all the best and hope the Swannies win the flag for you. God bless.

Absolutely spot on. Skipper Kelly, all the best mate.

worthogs said:
Talk to me when.....

You re 40
Bleed blue and white.
Totally gutted

KILL ME NOW

Well that's where I'm headed mate! Perhaps with a few more losing finals and Grand finals under my belt!

catempire said:
Well that's where I'm headed mate! Perhaps with a few more losing finals and Grand finals under my belt!

Well you have my sympathies young fella. 1 Flag before i get Dementia or hit 80 whichever comes first. Mind you if I lose the marbles I will probably think the Cats won all those Finals anyway

In the cold light of day still gutted.Could not of tackled or ran any harder, as all Geelong supporters will now realize there is no justice in football. Long long summer for the players. Matthew Scarlett is number 1.

I'm a Swans supporter and never had much time for the Cats. The win over the Eagles seemed impressive but I wasn't sure how much it was them folding. But last night, the Cats skill and pressure and tactics were incredible. I've always been proud of how hard the Swans are at the ball but you put us in the shade.

I went to Subi last week (flew over from Sydney) and drove around Freo on Saturday feeling like someone in the family had died. So I know how you feel - but we had the second chance. You'll be feeling gutted right now but I just wanted to let you know that I think there are a lot of people right now who are very impressed with the GFC. I am.

BTW how good was your chairman's TV interview last night?? He was broken and still spoke with incredible dignity and sportsmanship.

A lot of fans of other teams are saying what a crap game it was. I was saying at the Fox afterwards that I doubt if any team in the competition could have done better than the Swannies under the blowtorch the Cats applied last night. It might have looked crap on TV but geez it was hard at ground level! I don't want to single out too many players but Ling and Mooney (and Scarlett, damn him) played unbelievable games.

I hope you have a ripper for 2006.

worthogs said:

My worst nightmare.

:eek:

That goal was the worst football moment I've ever seen. I was very nearly physically sick. I backed your boys for the flag at the beginning of the year, never lost faith all season, had full confidence last night. Then that happened. I now know what genuine shock feels like. People may be a bit taken aback when they are shocked, but this was for real. Didn't feel disappointed until 5 minutes after I woke up this morning, when I remembered the events of the night before.

Two final notes -

1. Over the last two weeks, Cameron Mooney has earned my utmost respect. What an absolute legend.

2. Last night confirmed Nick Davis as scum of the Earth. Already disliked him for the way he sooked when he left Collingwood.

I swear I wish if you guys were a bunch of arrogant bastards like the weagles and saints supporters, who like to believe in their own fantasies. Finally I wanna bloat on about a good win, and its against some awesome and honest fans like yourselves. You guys know how much you deserved to win but you arent being sore losers about it. Please understand that we know from the previous week what a bad loss feels like, and I just dont have the heart to bloat on about the win.

Please keep your chins up. You guys have done exceptionally well this season with your list and have definitely made a fan out of me. I definitely underestimated you lot yesterday and now, you will be the only vic team that I will support.

Plogs said:
Hang in there. You will get the glory one day & you will say to yourself "It was all worth it for this".

Feel for you guys. Done everything right exept win.

EXACTLY SPOT ON.. it WILL be all worth it, one day.

I was in complete and utter shock when that siren sounded. And when i got home from the bar, yeh I shed some tears. Its a horrible horrible way to lose a final, in those circumstances and i hope all the Sydney supporters out there know HOW BLOODY LUCKY THEY REALLY ARE...

To Geelong.. I say dont get mad, get even. Use this game to our advantage, prepare well for next year and hopefully we will not have the injuries we had this year and give it a red hot go again.

Thanks guyz for giving it ya all. Couldnt have been prouder of ya!

Counting down the days already till 2006. Bring it on!

Gutted.

3 seconds away from what would have been one of our gutsiest ever finals victories.
Now it stands as one of our most heartbreaking loses.

LongBomb said:
Gutted.

3 seconds away from what would have been one of our gutsiest ever finals victories.
Now it stands as one of our most heartbreaking loses.

hmmmm.. i get what you mean, but the point is how far would we really have gone?? Considering injuries etc??

97 will and will ALWAYS be the biggest heartbreak...

Remove this Banner Ad

What you did to deserve to be a Geelong supporter...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back