tayls

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2004
Ablett Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Geelong
Saw this on another thread and thought it might be good here. Just to see what some ex Geelong players are doing now. So post your player and hopefully someone might know what happened to them.
I'll kick it off
Michael Kol
Stephen Hooper
Shane Crothers
Cain Liddle
Dean Helmers
Peter Johnstone

any one know what happened to these guys and what they are doing now?

Re: What ever happened to.......?

tayls said:
Saw this on another thread and thought it might be good here. Just to see what some ex Geelong players are doing now. So post your player and hopefully someone might know what happened to them.
I'll kick it off
Michael Kol
Stephen Hooper
Shane Crothers
Cain Liddle
Dean Helmers
Peter Johnstone

any one know what happened to these guys and what they are doing now?

Cain Liddle went to Avondale Heights and then to Bundoora.

Silky skilled midfielder that was soft and went missing in local finals.

Cheers Jack he played what 1 or 2 games for Geelong, must have been why he never made it (soft) Do remember he was a good kick.
He thought he was a pants man around town as well.

tayls said:
Cheers Jack he played what 1 or 2 games for Geelong, must have been why he never made it (soft) Do remember he was a good kick.
He thought he was a pants man around town as well.

Played the first 4 games of one season as was never sighted again. He has got legs like tree trunks and is a great long kick.

Could be wrong but i think helmers was playing for rythdale officer cardinia in the west gippsland league a while ago.

Hawks88bestever said:
More importantly what ever happened to David Mensch? What an absolute champion. The epitomy of the words skill, style, grace & superstar
Two or three good years coaching Mansfield for at least one premiership in the GVFL. Is headed back but last I heard hadn't lined up an actual coaching position yet, I think Ocean Grove may have been mentioned.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Kardinia park in some sort of assistant role at some point.

Jim Boy said:
Two or three good years coaching Mansfield for at least one premiership in the GVFL. Is headed back but last I heard hadn't lined up an actual coaching position yet, I think Ocean Grove may have been mentioned.

A story in the Addy earlier this week made mention of him wanting to return home.There was no mention of him looking for a coaching gig.He's waiting to see if a club in Geelong can find him a job.

He might end up a Grovedale with Bluey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fishman said:
Just let me wake her up and I will ask her.
The question has to be asked, what the ******** are u doing on the net when holly valance is in your room :cool:

Shell said:
Paul Lynch!?!?! I still maintain he wouldave been an absolute gun, if not for his hamstring injuries...

Currently the coach of Portarlington in the Bellarine Football League. I think he has played (and coached?) with Colac and Lara before he moved there this year to take over the reigns.

They won 2 games under him in his first season and i think he signed on for another year of coaching in 2006

how have his hamstrings held up? considering the poor guy played 50 games in 8 years for us due to a chronic back related hamstring injury.

DavidInellaFanClub said:
how have his hamstrings held up? considering the poor guy played 50 games in 8 years for us due to a chronic back related hamstring injury.

He won the Portarlington B&F,so his hammies must've held up.I don't think he had a lot of hammy problems when playing at Lara.

Too bad he couldave had no hamstring probs when he played for us!! I remember one match in particular, a game against North he played in 97 (i think), and basically won us the game, by kicking the last few goals!! He and (to a lesser extent B.Stoneham) were good players, unfortunately lost to injuries..

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever happened to...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back