What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwooooddd... .." chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .."

recon it sounds good..

the "FREEEEOOOOO" chant goes up at Subi when the game is in the bag..

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

My mind might be playing tricks on me but I swear I've heard this chant coming from the surrounding speakers along with the supporters.

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .."

I'm not sure if this is right or not. My friend tells me a story of how Colonial (etihad) stadium was shaking after the saints were chanting Bourkeeyyyy.

Personally I love the chant. It was awe-inspiring during last years prelim.

Apparently that's how they get the chant started? :confused:

NO it's not started that way. They have it on the loudspeakers at Etihad..It's an Ad ! During breaks.... Supporters never join in.. :D

My mind might be playing tricks on me but I swear I've heard this chant coming from the surrounding speakers along with the supporters.

You're confused. The one on the speakers is an ad and has nothing to do with getting the crowd started. It's like the wave, sometimes it takes off and sometimes it doesn't, it has to be the right moment.

Brilliant. Collingwood weren't the first, but they did it the best.

recon it sounds good..

the "FREEEEOOOOO" chant goes up at Subi when the game is in the bag..

Freo and West Coast have been doing it for yonks at Subi, and I doubt we were the first by a long way...

Not really a surprise to see the supporters of clubs unable to draw a crowd large enough to have a chant like this heard 10 meters away being the ones to call it "arrogant".

How the **** is it arrogant?

Like FREO its just a lame rip-off of the EAGLES chant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

It's pretty cool. I like it. Just about any team could do it if they tried/had the attendances. Haters gonna hate.

Arrogant, Stupid and Obnoxious.

If thats the best they can come up with there is something wrong.

Hurt butt is hurt :D

On topic, it sounded absolutely amazing at the prelim final last year against the Cats, but I agree it needs to be shelved for the H&A season... it's just embarrassing bringing it out when we are pantsing minnows like Richmond and North.

Go Eagles Go, SGIO

Here you go at 2.25. 1992 GF, 3 years before the Dockers even entered the comp...

[youtube]_5Eq051tZvw&feature=player_detailpage#t=151s[/youtube]

Totally agree. Sounds absolutely pathetic. I feel embarrassed to be an Aussie Rules fan when this starts up. If I was taking someone from overseas to a game I'd stay away from a Collingwood game for this reason alone.

Lol. Some much hate. No need to feel embarrassed. I doubt you'd have any friends to go see a game of football with anyway.

Isn't barracking by definition arrogant? How do you barrack with humility, clap politely for both teams? gtfo

I love the chant. In danger of being over used, but at the right time it is something else. Would hate it if I was an opposition supporter. Watching the pies slam home goals late in the 3rd while that chant booms slowly around the stadium. Must be awful. :thumbsu:

Nothing wrong with it at all IMO. Creates an electric atmosphere:thumbsu:. Sydney, Freo and Eagles have used this chant in the past as well which creates an amazing atmosphere. I would love for my club to employ it at our home games rather than "Adelaide clap-clap-clap" which adds no atmosphere at all:thumbsdown:.

I thought this chant had been going since time immemorial.

There was always the two types.
The faster "team name clap clap clap" and the slow drone of "team name".

The moment we start singing proper songs is the moment the game became so boring we had to entertain ourselves. Same goes for the mexican wave.

Sounds great but is far from original. "Geeeellllooooonnnnggggg" was sung in the prelim final in 09 and as others have said it has been sung by other teams fans as well. You just know though that the pies fans are going to cop it when the table turns again - which it will.

It only sounds good when the whole ground is doing it. At the Grand Final it sent chills down the spine, i could imagine being a player on the field.

Here you go at 2.25. 1992 GF, 3 years before the Dockers even entered the comp...

[youtube]_5Eq051tZvw&feature=player_detailpage#t=151s[/youtube]

That was like, SHUT UP YOU 3 :thumbsu::D

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwooooddd... .." chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back