What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwooooddd... .." chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .."

It is one of the worst chants I have ever heard, does not even compare to ENGLISH FOOTBALL chants, aussie chants are so gay..

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllinnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

was at the first GF last year, heard it then, thought it was awesome, fantastic thing to hear at the footy

well done collingwood supporters. :thumbsu:

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllinnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

the freo chant is better as it is shorter and rolls off the tongue better with the emphasis on the ooooooooooooooo. collingwood sounds stilted and forced. Joffa was inspired by our chant. come on joffa be original and create something memorable

was at the first GF last year, heard it then, thought it was awesome, fantastic thing to hear at the footy

well done collingwood supporters. :thumbsu:

Well done for ripping off an English soccer chant?

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

English football supporters would be rolling in the aisles with the sheer...there is no other word...dumbness of it.

It reminds me of something a primary schooler would come up with when supporting their school house on athletics day.

It's pitiful. I'm all for singing/chanting/whatever, just come up with something with the tiniest spark of creativity, PLEASE

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .."

English football supporters would be rolling in the aisles with the sheer...there is no other word...dumbness of it.

It reminds me of something a primary schooler would come up with when supporting their school house on athletics day.

It's pitiful. I'm all for singing/chanting/whatever, just come up with something with the tiniest spark of creativity, PLEASE

True.

English football chants actually take some creativity and aren't just moronically chanting your teams name over and over again.

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

You have never heard "Where's Your Didak" Plugger? Your location shows.

What is exactly arrogant about it?

Any team that are comfortably ahead of the pack and smashing teams are considered to be arrogant, no matter what they do. Its one way people handle their anger of said team having it over everyone.

I like the idea. I think it sets the mood for big finals matches, but it dosen't really fit in the H/A games unless it's a big match or ANZAC Day match.

Re: What's everyone think of that

Then there were others who started threads the past 2 years "Welcome to Riewoldtember" only to get a severe dose of offended afterwards.

Bay 13 is different to the real world.

In Bay 13 being rude and arrogant are prerequisites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the freo chant is better as it is shorter and rolls off the tongue better with the emphasis on the ooooooooooooooo. collingwood sounds stilted and forced. Joffa was inspired by our chant. come on joffa be original and create something memorable

Fremantle Football Club
Achievements: Best sounding chant, having capes and getting a draft pick in return for Brett Peake.

Not bad when you consider they've only been in the competition for ~15 years.

Its great. Simple and effective, gets people involved and is fast becoming an inconic aspect of Collingwood's supporter culture. Having a reputation for being loud, passionate and able to influence the environment the game is played in is great for any set of fans so respect to them for that.

I don't hate the Pies, they get a bad wrap for loutish fans etc but the reality is when you have so many, you'll have a greater percenage of ********s involved as well. Enjoying and participating in a chant doesn't add to that.

It's been happening for years, just not as many people joined in I guess.

Here is one video, Preliminary Final 2003 vs Port.:D

[YOUTUBE]JoTaUXM-kPM[/YOUTUBE]

It's simple, but effective. Not that I was enjoying the experience at the time, but the chant reverberating around the MCG during the PF last year was pretty awesome and something I'll remember for a long time. Not sure how it compared to the GF replay, I had safely retreated to the bar by the time it would have been starting up.

What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

It's actually an insult

[YOUTUBE]CjnJ8xs6ibs[/YOUTUBE]

"which originally aired February 20, 1992"

You don't even have to be in the ground to feel a part of it.;)

[YOUTUBE]JYGK8ewmKo4[/YOUTUBE]

Fremantle Football Club
Achievements: Best sounding chant, having capes and getting a draft pick in return for Brett Peake.

Not bad when you consider they've only been in the competition for ~15 years.

Uh oh. Someone doesn't think the Collingwood chant is teh awesomez! Are you seriously that offended about it mate? :eek:

tek is absolutely right, Freeeooo comes off the tongue way easier than Collingwoooood, the fact you take it to mean some kind of personal sleight against you or your team is sheer stupidity.

Lame and embarassing. Sing the club song like most sporting franchises do. Just yelling the teams name out makes you look well too dumb to sing the club song

Get a grip its fun, and send a chill down the spine.

Shit our club was the first to start it, remember being a kid back 1989 and 1990 back when subi had the grass bank and standing room only.

It would send chills down my neck as a kid listening to it.

Eeeeeeagles chant is great hopefully when we back near the top of the ladder or a derby win we use it again.

The collingwood army do it well

Has nothing on the Caaaaareyyyyy chant of the 90s.

It reminds me of the down syndrome kid who used to catch the same bus as me years ago. We would ask him, "who do you follow in the footy?"

"Go Collingwooooood."

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwooooddd... .." chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back