What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwooooddd... .." chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

As far as I know this is a football chant that is about as old as the game itself.
I've heard it many times at the footy and I started going to the footy as a kid in the early 70's.

I'm all for it. Enjoy your success Collingwood peoples.

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

Would love the Swans to start singing "you will never walk alone" most traditions are stolen and have to start somewhere.

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .."

Sounds great but is far from original. "Geeeellllooooonnnnggggg" was sung in the prelim final in 09 and as others have said it has been sung by other teams fans as well. You just know though that the pies fans are going to cop it when the table turns again - which it will.

Nobody said it was original, the question is whether people like it or not.

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .."

recon it sounds good..

the "FREEEEOOOOO" chant goes up at Subi when the game is in the bag..

Not true, often it's when we're down and the crowd is looking to give the team a lift.

Sounds awesome though and I have no problem with Pies fans doing it.

In the finals last year it was amazing. Spine tingling amazing however I wish we would park it until this years finals. Save it for really special moments and when we're playing for more than 4 points

Yeah I'm with you here. It's an awesome chant when its done well and everyones shouting it out (freo usually do the same one aswell) but I don't think its really necessary against richmond in round 4. Save it for the blockbusters.

I'm going to the anzac day game next week and would love to hear it out in full force if thats a close one.

I don't like it. I mean it sounds good, but is so dull.. There's nothing clever or funny anout chanting the name of your team.
I'd rather a chant that consisted of an actual sentence rather than the repetition of just one word.

When it was going in the finals last year it was great- really sent chills down the spine.
But when you hear it at games like last night I think it's a bit silly- who cares if you pump a bottom four side?

Here you go at 2.25. 1992 GF, 3 years before the Dockers even entered the comp...

[youtube]_5Eq051tZvw&feature=player_detailpage#t=151s[/youtube]

Why does it matter though? What a petty thing to be arguing over mate :confused:

Re: What's everyone think of that

[youtube]qEsbVQ1t0Kg[/youtube]

special occasions..............try this at 1.30 in this clip.

Can't believe you're proud of that.

Absolute disgrace the way Collingwood supporters interrupted Riewoldt's speech. Just shows their arrogance and lack of class.

St Kilda supporters let Maxwell speak but Collingwood supporters couldn't show Riewoldt the same courtesy.

Absolute disgrace the way Collingwood supporters interrupted Riewoldt's speech. Just shows their arrogance and lack of class.

St Kilda supporters let Maxwell speak but Collingwood supporters couldn't show Riewoldt the same courtesy.

There werent enough st.kilda supporters to drown out Maxwell, they tried and failed just like their team did

There werent enough st.kilda supporters to drown out Maxwell, they tried and failed just like their team did

There were plenty of Saints supporters there but we aren't rude and arrogant like Collingwood supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were plenty of Saints supporters there but we aren't rude and arrogant like Collingwood supporters.

You were outnumbered 5 to 1, you all booed maxy when he went to talk but you werent loud enough to ge heard. When it was our turn we did the job supporters are meant to

The biggest issue was riewoldt getting all offended about a lack of respect, grow a set and take it like a man, of course he went on to crumble fir the next two weeks the crowd must've been too loud for him

Huge fan on if it - the SYYYYYDDDDNNNNNEEEEEYYYYYYYY one is iconic and when the crowd starts it at the SCG it gives you shivers so totally get that the Pies faithful and other teams love doing it. At the 2005/2006 Granny's there was the slow Eeeaaaggggllllesssss along with ours and the atmosphere at the game was fantastic.

I went to the 1996 GF and remember the SYYYDDDNNNEEEEYYY chant, I remember thinking how great it was, sent shivers down my spine and just thought how much a boost the players would have gotten from it.

For the princesses out there bitching about Collingwood fans doing it, build a bridge you sooks. I can guarantee if your club was doing a special chant you'd be saying how great it was.

A reassuring sound. While they're singing, they're not likely to be assaulting people or breaking into someone's house.

It's actually a little awe-inspiring.

it was ****ing hilarious.

i like the chant, would be good if we could do it.

It'd be alot better if they parked it for bigger moments or bigger games...as opposed to 10 minutes into the first quarter of EVERY game as they have done this season. Just seems lame. It's also a pretty stark reminder of how unimaginative we are compared to the poms when it comes to chants.

Aside from that it's super. :thumbsu:

As much as I hate it, and hate that the Pies have so many moronic fans, I'm not against it in principle.

They're a powerhouse, they're firing, smashing everyone in their path, their multitude of fans are a sinister, menacing army which all footy fan bases are being crushed by.

Something Richmond's fans can aspire to bash horns with when and if we eventually become a top 4 side and get back the 15,000-25,000 bandwagon members to add to our current 45k, to dwarf all but the Pies ferals.

Can you possibly imagine the noise at a Tiges/Pies Prelim?

Disclaimer: This is no way a prediction that Richmond will be a top 4 side.

hate it. not even the right number of syllables. the "'north melbourne *clap clap clap* north melbourne *clap clap clap*" isnt any better. chanting at the footy in general shits me. but thats just me.

A reassuring sound. While they're singing, they're not likely to be assaulting people or breaking into someone's house.

It's actually a little awe-inspiring.

Agreed- great chant but hearing it when they are smashing a cellar dwellar like Richmond is a little much

It's sucks when it's your team coping the belting. But other than that it's fine.

Nothing wrong with it at all, used to love when we got our Richo chant going.

Riewoldt got all the respect he deserved.

I don't like it. I mean it sounds good, but is so dull.. There's nothing clever or funny anout chanting the name of your team.
I'd rather a chant that consisted of an actual sentence rather than the repetition of just one word.

It's not about being funny it's about lifting the team. The Collingwood players absolutely love it when the chant goes up.

How do you get 50,000 people to chant a funny sentence? Good luck with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwooooddd... .." chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back