What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwooooddd... .." chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

Thats the exact reason this chant has been created for, to annoy the **** out of all of you minnows, its working:)

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .."

Sounds so much better in person and sounds better when it's a big game ie PF final in 2010 rather than rnd 4 vs Richmond?

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .."

"Lets go sainters, lets go" :eek: That really fired the team up!
LOL. I remember being at a Collingwood Geelong game in 06, sitting next to the Geelong Cheer squad. They had this chant they'd sing when they kicked a goal, based on the kickers name. If Mooney kicked the goal, then they'ed chant:

Mooney Mooney Moone... Oi oi oi.
Mooney.. Oi.. Mooney.. Oi..

So later in the game, when we were killing them all over the park, they kicked a goal, and sung the chant. When they finished, I turned and yelled
"How lucky are these buggers that Prestigiacomo doesn't play in their forward line."

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

I think it is good.

Collingwood will be praying that they dont meet Melbourne in the finals.

We have you covered.

Mr Christopher

Your level of ignorance is beyond astounding.

anyway i'd much rather have generic insults hurled at me from a group of people behind a barrier

then the personal attacks you hear at the footy.

And why is a barrier even necessary? I pray we never see them at AFL games either. Thanks for proving my point champ ;).

It's pretty cool, as much as I hate it. But I distinctively remember the "Mellllllllll-burrrrnnneeee" chants at Waverly back in 1987. I was only a few years old but it is a very distinctive memory for me. Those moments were awesome. It was like a beast waking from a slumber.

Pity we still haven't fully woken up. I hope it returns. The chant is eerie and intimidating. Although I think the Pies are overkill with it. Save it for when you're winning by 10 goals. Or even after every 3 consecutive goals like you used to do it. Because you're digging a very deep grave and opening the door to mockery if/when the Pies aren't on top anymore. I think the mockery from the likes of Carlton, Essendon, Richmond fans will be inevietible when Collingwood's run is over.

Just another example of our game coppying soccer. The chant, the draws, what's next?

Fremantle were doing it years ago I believe.

Richmond Cheer Squad did it in the early 80s.

LOL. I remember being at a Collingwood Geelong game in 06, sitting next to the Geelong Cheer squad. They had this chant they'd sing when they kicked a goal, based on the kickers name. If Mooney kicked the goal, then they'ed chant:

Mooney.. Oi.. Mooney.. Oi..

So later in the game, when we were killing them all over the park, they kicked a goal, and sung the chant. When they finished, I turned and yelled
"How lucky are these buggers that Prestigiacomo doesn't play in their forward line."

lols

you should do stand up bra

Just another example of our game coppying soccer. The chant, the draws, what's next?

Soccer fans will digress, but the only reason they sing during the game is because there is nothing else to do. There might be one amazing thing every 10 minutes? One great shot on goal, or one superb tackle. That's it. They sing out of boredom, awaiting something special.

Collingwood fans chant out of respect, out of dominance. They only chant when the team is traveling well. When the boredom kicks in, there's no chanting. Footy fans reward skill, soccer fans wait for skill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's obviously nothing new, i'm sure they like it. To me it sounds like they've all had a frontal lobotomy.

It's hardly new or a response to anything. It's simply a massed group of people chanting. I first heard it at Waverley in 1981 against Essendon when I was amongst 79,000; Collingwood were getting a bit of a run on, although they ended up getting thrashed in one of Sheed's first wins.

I think its about the limit of the majority of their supporter base isnt it so what can you do :)
Seriously its no lamer than all the others I guess as I am not a fan of Lets go sainters lets go...Its on a par with the ****ing stupid Oi Oi Oi shit.

Ha ha. Like Collingwood supporters are going to care what opposition supporters think. Clearly they do it because they know that opposition supporters love it! :rolleyes:

The slowness of their chant echoes the slowness of their minds

drooling-idiot.jpg

Cooooooooooollingwoooooooo-oooooooood

Ha ha. Like Collingwood supporters are going to care what opposition supporters think. Clearly they do it because they know that opposition supporters love it! :rolleyes:
They or we?

The slowness of their chant echoes the slowness of their minds

drooling-idiot.jpg

If that were true there wouldn't be enough space on the HDD where this board sits for the number of letters in Hawthorn's chant. :p

They or we?
They! Meaning that I haven't managed to get to a game yet! :thumbsu:

Did I hear something similar from the Freo crowd last night?

It's obviously nothing new, i'm sure they like it. To me it sounds like they've all had a frontal lobotomy.

The infrequent Tigers' chants are quite hilarious too. To me it sounds like they've been castrated, 30 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwooooddd... .." chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back