What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE have a very quiet board 1 day out from a GF!!

Lets get everyones tips.

I'm going with my heart and saying doggies by 14points

announced yesterday, on CVF.com

South Bendigo defender Marty Shadbolt has been appointed Coach of the Wchyeproof Naraport Demons for the 2009 season. Wchyproof managed just two victories for the season although Shadbolt was confident that a few notable additions would see the club rise again. ” We will be looking for some key position players with some stronger bodies as they already have a good list of kids so if we can get them along with a couple of good midfielders we will be pretty happy” said the new Coach.

Shadbolt will remain based in Bendigo where he will look to have one training session per week."

All the boys at Wyche are very happy to have obtained his services, and keen for a beer or 12 with him tonight. I'v heard a whisper that Ex Flat boy Tugger Tully will be sitting on the bench for him as a selector too.

Spare a thought for Griffo too theres a bloke who is stiff. Outed for 4 weeks for a harmless comment made in haste and blokes can belt or headbutt a player and only miss 1 or 2. What a joke.

Yeah, fair call.

Goat - who decided on the Team of the Year? For those interested:

Backs: D Jones (sth) T Hill (E/h) M Bochard (Hurst)
HBacks: R Sharp (gis) K Robins (E/h) M Leech (Sth)
Centre: M Lloyd (GS) G Bowes (Gis) D Lock (E/h)
HFwd: T Downie (KF) B Herdman (E/h) J Maddern (KF)
For: C Carter (GS) J Barham (Gis) N Carter (GS)
Rucks: J Hardinge (Sth) S Milward (E/h) A Connaughton (Sth)
Bench: D McLaughlin (GS) O Messoudi (Gis)
M Gretgrix (E/h) M Johnston (Mary)
Coach: D Wilson (KF)

bourkey and myself selected that team, obviously, blokes stiff to miss out but can only go with 22. why do u reckon bourkey has lost the plot maxy, it's not because there are references to aaron hawkins being a triathlete is it?
by the way, dayne frew in the forward pocket, not old man carter

bourkey and myself selected that team, obviously, blokes stiff to miss out but can only go with 22. why do u reckon bourkey has lost the plot maxy, it's not because there are references to aaron hawkins being a triathlete is it?
by the way, dayne frew in the forward pocket, not old man carter

Rapt with the digs at Hawk not so happy with last fridays edition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eaglehawk 3.3 7.8 9.9 14.11 (95) v » Golden Square 3.4 3.7 10.13 12.17 (89) Queen Elizabeth Oval 2.15pm

Goals
Eaglehawk Matthew Gretgrix 8, Gareth Crawford 2, Rhys Healey 2, Derrick Filo 1, Damien Lock 1

Golden Square Darren Walsh 4, Nicholas Carter 3, Brayden Dorrington 2, Matthew Klein-breteler 1, Daniel Mclaughlin 1, Matthew O'toole 1

Best
Eaglehawk Damien Lock, Matthew Gretgrix, Cameron Millward, Gareth Crawford, Josh Ketterer, Brad Rogerson

Golden Square Brayden Dorrington, Matthew O'toole, Darren Walsh, Leigh Davies, Adam Baird, Nicholas Carter

F***in brilliant effort by square, to take it upto the borough the way they did was fantastic, Also where they come from in finals to make it to the granny was something special altogether. But Eaglehawk were obviously the better side on the day and congratulations to them for going back to back.

Get on board the doggies in 2009

What a great game of footy!
Hats off to both sides....anyone who reckoned the $12 to get in on Saturday was abit steep would have to agree they got there monies worth accross all 3 games in fact!
Square were awesome, the Burra showed alot of guts to come back from 2 1/2 goals down in the last....Gtregrix was marking everything, the skills on show were pretty bloody good considering the gale force wind at times and pressure of GF day....and Johnny cans were $5!!
All up a great day at the QEO!

has anyone heard on anyone signing in 2009 who is staying? going ?retiring? and anyone heard who is coming to clubs?

heard Brown wants to go back to eaglehawk?

can anyone sheed light on any club

Eaglehawk? HIll migh go back to charlton? filo?
GS? carts and
SOUTH?
GISborne?
MaryB?
KF?
Dragons?
Kyn?
castlemaine?
Storm?
how do u think storm will go will they even be competitve?

It trully was a Great grand Final and Great Crowd just a couple of negatives.....Who was in charge of the Beer Stocks???? They ran out of cans before half time!! and how does Jarrod threlfall get a gig umpiring the GF? I think he is terrible.

Just my opinion

It trully was a Great grand Final and Great Crowd just a couple of negatives.....Who was in charge of the Beer Stocks???? They ran out of cans before half time!! and how does Jarrod threlfall get a gig umpiring the GF? I think he is terrible.

Just my opinion

Did either affect the game, at least the pundits could watch the last half and remember it. Both sides had ample opportunity to win the game off their own boots and it is a shame if a club resorts to umpire bashing, rather than taking responsibility for their own destiny.

Did either affect the game, at least the pundits could watch the last half and remember it. Both sides had ample opportunity to win the game off their own boots and it is a shame if a club resorts to umpire bashing, rather than taking responsibility for their own destiny.

Threlfal is a promising young umpire but in my opinion he had a bad game, i don't think Max was making an excuse for the result because of his umpiring tho. He made bad blues for both teams and Eaglehawk deserved their victory.

Who from Golden Square resorted to Umpire Bashing? I just think their is better umpires out there than him(far better). As i said in the original post that's MY OPINION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back