What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm that the following players are leaving the Bulldogs................M Barham, J Barham, M Fitzgerald, R Sharp, J Duff Tyler, R White, D Farrugia, S Davis, C Summerfield, S Elsum, M McKenzie, G Bowes............rumours around the traps say all these p[layers are leaving for various reasons.....all are champions of the club and players come and players go.......but it looks like rebuilding time at the Graveyard....also a President and the majority of the committee retiring as well...............a new look Bulldogs for 09..........maybe BB or Howzat can add some light to all this.......and can BB confirm or deny the he and KA are running for Pres and Sec of the club???
If you have this much info surely you must be in the know at the club and you wouldnt need to ask who won the B&F.

For the record we had a tie between Jordan Barham and Gareth Bowes

both will be playing in 2009 and signing of some players to in the comming weeks
Any names there Rat.
If all those mentioned for Gisborne gee thats a fair bit of talent out of the BFL and if Milward and Robins I hope they bring in a div 5 in that interleague series

Any names there Rat.
If all those mentioned for Gisborne gee thats a fair bit of talent out of the BFL and if Milward and Robins I hope they bring in a div 5 in that interleague series

Milward and Robins categorically staying put. Offers galore but old man Milward joining committee and wife is intending to serve pies in the canteen in 09.

Square's coach stays on

TWO months after announcing he would stand down, Mark Adamson has been reappointed coach of Golden Square for the 2009 Bendigo Bank Bendigo Football League season. Adamson told The Advertiser on August 5 that work and family commitments would prevent him from coaching the Bulldogs beyond this season. However, a change in his work situation has allowed Adamson to continue in his role as coach of Golden Square - the side he took from the elimination final to within a kick of the premiership this year.
“We did so well towards the end of the year and at the end of the day, there wasn’t a lot in the grand final (against Eaglehawk),’’ Adamson said yesterday. “From here, our aim is to build a side for next season that isn’t going to be just scratching around and making up the numbers, but is going to be assuming one of the top positions.

“It’s looking like we will hold on to the majority of the list and we have a few recruits that we’re probably a little more confident of than you normally are at this time of the year, so that’s a real positive.’’
Golden Square president Steve Sharp said Adamson’s reappointment would provide the Bulldogs with stability. Had a new coach taken the reins at Golden Square next year, the Bulldogs would have had four different coaches for the 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 seasons.

“Mark’s circumstances have changed, which is lucky for us, because it’s a great get for the club,’’ Sharp said. “The last thing we wanted was another new senior coach coming in, so it’s great for the club to be able to have some stability, which is what we need.’’ The gallant Golden Square was beaten by Eaglehawk by a goal in September 20’s grand final at the Queen Elizabeth Oval that produced a record gate.

The Bulldogs, who had ended the season fourth on the ladder, had led the final quarter for 25 of its 29 minutes, before being overrun by the Hawks and losing 14.11 (95) to 12.17 (89).

“We had a good couple of days afterwards, despite the loss,’’ Adamson said. “But it was a real positive time around the club for the last part of the season, and even with the loss . . . I’ve been involved in a few grand final losses, and I don’t know if you ever have a good one, but this was probably the best I’ve felt after one. “And I reckon a few of the other guys are thinking the same way, which gives us a real good platform into next season.’’

Adamson, 33, has previously spoken this year about the prospect of pulling the boots back on as a player next season, but was yesterday non-committal at that prospect. “I’d say it’s unlikely, but you never know. It’s going to be a matter of determining how the body is; I really couldn’t give an honest answer yet as to how it’s going to be. ''It could come up, it might not, it’s as simple as that.’’ Adamson joined Golden Square as a player in 2007, before taking over as coach from Jeff Brennan this year.

kyneton has revealed its new coach for 2009 ex kangaroo and local identity Nathan Thompson will take the reigns tigers on the prowl :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

kyneton has revealed its new coach for 2009 ex kangaroo and local identity Nathan Thompson will take the reigns tigers on the prowl :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

have just heard the information myself... will be a marquee signing... maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel for the tigers......

have just heard the information myself... will be a marquee signing... maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel for the tigers......

also believe that hard nut guy sultan will be returning the club this season seen as the tigers were lacking a bit of speed and skill through there midfield, aslo could be bringing a few of his mates from up north..

Any goss on the coaching or playing recruits for the newly accepted Strathfieldsaye Storm ?? I heard that the Club had a meeting with several players in Melbourne over the past few days. Anyone know any names from this meeting ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KFlat have signed Geary full time from the Bombers, J Maddern as ass coach and Jesse Dean from Redland Bombers in QLD... Rowan Warfe staying on as a player and to help with recruiting... which is obviously working.

Just heard Tony Kelly is the new man to lead tigers???????????

Could you please give me a source on where you recieved this information.... The tigers have made it clear that they are looking for a player coach.... is Tony thinking of pulling on the boots again... I still believe Tommo is the man who will take over from Cooky next yr... have also heard his good mate Jonathon Hay could join him at the Tigers.... 2 key postion players could just be what the Tigers need

Could you please give me a source on where you recieved this information.... The tigers have made it clear that they are looking for a player coach.... is Tony thinking of pulling on the boots again... I still believe Tommo is the man who will take over from Cooky next yr... have also heard his good mate Jonathon Hay could join him at the Tigers.... 2 key postion players could just be what the Tigers need

He rang a potential player i work with , last night and advised he was the coach. Unless he misunderstood what he said when he introduced himself.

Massive news for the Tigers (and BFL) if this is true.
He should kick 150 goals.

Is this rumour or fact ?

Another great statement on your behalf, how is he gunna kick 150 when the ball doesnt come down much,derrrr!

He'd possibly kick 150 in a top side but not in a bottom side regardless how good i his.

Jon Hay would fit in very well amongst the locals at Kyneton, not to mention the players, where he would even be among the top 10% of brain capacity. Tommo will be too busy in the media to worry about coaching, let alone in the BFL.

Rumour has it a 3 way trade has involved with Kyneton Gisborne and Eaglehawk....

Kyneton Recieve O. Messaudio B. Filo D. Filo
Kyneton Lose M. Amezquita M. Horsborough N.Scholes

Eaglehawk Recieve M.Amezquita M. Fitzgerald S. Davis
Eaglehawk Lose B. Filo D. Filo T. St Clair

Gisborne Recieve N. Scholes M. Horsborough T. St Clair
Gisborne Lose O. Messoudi M. Fitzgerald S. Davis

have had a long look at these trade and believe all clubs will come off benifically with these trades... reason Gisborne didnt play in a grand final this year was because of there lack of experience, feel these players can win them a flag next year....

Rumour has it a 3 way trade has involved with Kyneton Gisborne and Eaglehawk....

have had a long look at these trade and believe all clubs will come off benifically with these trades... reason Gisborne didnt play in a grand final this year was because of there lack of experience, feel these players can win them a flag next year....

sorry mate my sources tell me eaglehawk 2 lose a truck load of players including coach Derrick Filo who heads the list of candidates at Strathfieldsaye

Wow some big calls being made there.
Who exactly came up with this idea, since Kyneton are without a coach?
Nevertheless I do agree with you about Gisborne being the big winners of this trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back