What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerard Geary rings a bell, whatever his name was he was a gun half forward.
Peter Moroni and Gary Mountjoy werent bad out of the guts either.

what about Tony Barnes and Eddie Sheils? Both were premiership players at Seymour and team of century members (i think). Eddie was still running around only a couple of years back at Nagambie. I think he won a KDFL league medal in his 40's. Did Rick Hagar play at Northern united in the golden era?

fair link between the burra and Ainslie. Lucas Matthews and the Langan boys have had a run up there. I think Chris Rourke is still coaching them

Rourkey was re-signed mid year for another 2 years at Ainslie. They arent the most powerful side but have alot of juniors coming through from what I am told. Ex AFL players are usually shown the door of the armaguard van that rolls up to pay them. The setup in Canberra is sensational and they are always chasing players as they have plenty of cash being generated by the social club.

The Goldfields Superleague would mean that the QEO finals monopoly would be over, or could you play it like the AFL have home finals where the highest qualifier has it in 'their city'... Bendigo or Ballarat?

For instance a Golden Square V Redan final to be played at the QEO, and a Darley V Sth Bendigo final at the Eastern Oval, Ballarat.

The Goldfields Superleague would mean that the QEO finals monopoly would be over, or could you play it like the AFL have home finals where the highest qualifier has it in 'their city'... Bendigo or Ballarat?

For instance a Golden Square V Redan final to be played at the QEO, and a Darley V Sth Bendigo final at the Eastern Oval, Ballarat.

I would hope that they would follow the Ballarat Football League where finals are based on where you finish. The highest ranked team gets a home final just like the AFL. Darley played 2 finals at home this year after finishing on top.

Where does the VCFL sit on the Super League idea. or are they too busy getting ready for their free food and drinks at the Premiers Dinner this Saturday night and patting themselves on the back for the great job they do for country footy.

who was announced coach of the storm today? football and netball?

I can now annouce that (as some of BF fans already know !) that Clint Whitsed (Rochy, Bendigo Diggers/Bombers Ainslie [ACT], Murray Bushrangers fame) has been appointed as the Storm's inaugrual senior coach.

Other appointments to be confirmed is the Under 18's coach with Paul Hingston (former Vic talent scout for Brisbane Lions) being appointed. No appointments for Reserves coach or Netball at this stage - hopefully further announcements next week !

Stay tuned !!

I can now annouce that (as some of BF fans already know !) that Clint Whitsed (Rochy, Bendigo Diggers/Bombers Ainslie [ACT], Murray Bushrangers fame) has been appointed as the Storm's inaugrual senior coach.

Other appointments to be confirmed is the Under 18's coach with Paul Hingston (former Vic talent scout for Brisbane Lions) being appointed. No appointments for Reserves coach or Netball at this stage - hopefully further announcements next week !

Stay tuned !!

Good bloke & good choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the latest at Gisborne? Just rang a mate who originally told me an announcement on the coach was to be made this morning but it seems the unveiling will be held over until tomorrow . . . . .

Jamie Packer and Super League. what else do you go for? Bears, Dockers, Titans, Warriors, are a few new clubs in various sports nationally. What is better and what would you have taken?

Why not stick with the Ranga's and continue the link with their junior organisation. Ranga would be modern and contempary as well as being original.

They may even be able to get Jonah to come along and be the number one ticket holder.

Is anyone able to post a mock up of the Strath jumper by any chance or is it still on the drawing board?

I can advise that the jumper for Strath Storm will be the same as the Geelong traditional jumper (blue and white hoops). At this stage there are no plans to change the design of the jumper which includes any use of wording. Maybe this will happen as an alternative "clash" strip in years to come.

As for the name of the Club - "Storm" seemed to roll off the tongue easy with the word Strath, as well being a unique team identity in Aussie Rules (find me another Storm Aussie Rules FC in Australia ??). Ranga's referred to the old Mandurang association with the juniors, in which had no association with the senior body.

I can advise that the jumper for Strath Storm will be the same as the Geelong traditional jumper (blue and white hoops). At this stage there are no plans to change the design of the jumper which includes any use of wording. Maybe this will happen as an alternative "clash" strip in years to come.

As for the name of the Club - "Storm" seemed to roll off the tongue easy with the word Strath, as well being a unique team identity in Aussie Rules (find me another Storm Aussie Rules FC in Australia ??). Ranga's referred to the old Mandurang association with the juniors, in which had no association with the senior body.

Strath POWER would've been better, just my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back