What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just cause the ball was down there doesn't mean he could get near it. he struggled. (contrary to what he would have everyone believe)
on your other point - "the wheel turns , eventually!!"

a bit sour about belly? what happened to Obrien? "the wheel must need some oil then" tigerman95 whats this new coach like? Will he bring some players?

a bit sour about belly? what happened to Obrien? "the wheel must need some oil then" tigerman95 whats this new coach like? Will he bring some players?

Saw Bell play a couple of games with the Flat this year.Hardly set the world on fire,think that he is not what they need. Just a bit too slow.

Saw Bell play a couple of games with the Flat this year.Hardly set the world on fire,think that he is not what they need. Just a bit too slow.
Didnt someone say he had a majour ankle injury on this thread? That would slow you down. Flat got any more recruits hilux 98? Will they play finals next year?

Didnt someone say he had a majour ankle injury on this thread? That would slow you down. Flat got any more recruits hilux 98? Will they play finals next year?

Yeah i was talking to him when he played the praccy with us and he said that he had major ankle trouble, had some massive scars from ops he has had. He was on the comeback from that and was having a run to see how the ankle went. Seemed like a good bloke

Would be very disappointed if we don't make the five next year after the way we finished off this season. Rumors suggest that a highly rated ruck man
has signed for next year and a couple of players from Heathcote .

Would be very disappointed if we don't make the five next year after the way we finished off this season. Rumors suggest that a highly rated ruck man
has signed for next year and a couple of players from Heathcote .
Name the Heathcote players Hilux ?? Are we talking Featherstone and Saladino? Maybe even Shaw and Millard ???

back page news in maryborough last week that Joel Malone has signed for the Bombers for next year with a lot of the younger senior players getting called for pre seasons. Apparently the committee aren't happy with steve thompson trying to poach the players, especially Joel. Question - shouldnt the club be happy to have their best player go on and play at a higher level?

back page news in maryborough last week that Joel Malone has signed for the Bombers for next year with a lot of the younger senior players getting called for pre seasons. Apparently the committee aren't happy with steve thompson trying to poach the players, especially Joel. Question - shouldnt the club be happy to have their best player go on and play at a higher level?

everyone gets invited to bomber preseason training if youre aged 16 to 22. but not everyone goes. lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is playing in the 2nds for the Bombers better for the bombers or the club? Training probably increases in tempo but game day isnt any better than BFL.

Is playing in the 2nds for the Bombers better for the bombers or the club? Training probably increases in tempo but game day isnt any better than BFL.

have u actually played vfl twos?
ive played twos and bfl and vfl 2's is better

on steve doesnt most coaches go and talk to players im sure bendigo wasnt the only team that talked to joel. how many clubs go and talk to the best player of teams around them. he cant force a player to play for a team im sure it was intirely joels choice

on steve doesnt most coaches go and talk to players im sure bendigo wasnt the only team that talked to joel. how many clubs go and talk to the best player of teams around them. he cant force a player to play for a team im sure it was intirely joels choice

yeh true, cos i know my club spoke to him for a coaching role, knew it wasnt gonna happen though. good luck to him, i hope he goes well.

Are you seriously trying to tell me getting flogged every week like last year and struggling to get a team together for the 2nds is better for the development of players than playing locally in the BFL?
Please get serious as that statement is embarrassing.

Are you seriously trying to tell me getting flogged every week like last year and struggling to get a team together for the 2nds is better for the development of players than playing locally in the BFL?
Please get serious as that statement is embarrassing.

tell me something have u played it ?
another thing is you never said is gettin flogged better than playing ones. i said the comp is better!

i can tell u i have developed as a player in the twos and played ones about the same as twos and its helped me massively. i can name heaps of players that have benfited from twos want me to reel off some names?
ok connaughton bowles maddern downie west fevalikey, crameri bowe. iom sure i could name a hell of alot more

wanna knock any of those names that play/played in the bfl ??
im sure those teams and players would be thinking thank god for the bombers considering they would not have developed that much
check ya self mate. until u have played vfl u cant say anything about it!

u prob have a problem with it cos its probably affected the club u support. but think of the players that have gone through ur club to bombers have the improved if not tell me em and i can tell u why ??

im not saying the bombers twos has helped the bfl clubs but the development of the players would not have happened at bfl clubs

Heard a story about the federal cops coming onto the plane at the Gold Coast a couple of weeks ago and taking a few blokes from a BFL footy club with them.

tell me something have u played it ?
another thing is you never said is gettin flogged better than playing ones. i said the comp is better!

i can tell u i have developed as a player in the twos and played ones about the same as twos and its helped me massively. i can name heaps of players that have benfited from twos want me to reel off some names?
ok connaughton bowles maddern downie west fevalikey, crameri bowe. iom sure i could name a hell of alot more

wanna knock any of those names that play/played in the bfl ??
im sure those teams and players would be thinking thank god for the bombers considering they would not have developed that much
check ya self mate. until u have played vfl u cant say anything about it!

u prob have a problem with it cos its probably affected the club u support. but think of the players that have gone through ur club to bombers have the improved if not tell me em and i can tell u why ??

im not saying the bombers twos has helped the bfl clubs but the development of the players would not have happened at bfl clubs

the ressies is putrid mate, the players u mentiond were always guna be the players they are today without goen there, them players are worthy of playen vfl but have now filtered back out cause they have realised its no good, if ya wana improve ya footy do the training thats required to make yaself better,an it is possible to do that at bfl standard, the only thing the ressies improves is a mindset that makes the player think his better then what he is, u play ressies in the vfl mate an ya speaking as if youve done it all. pull ya chest back in an get a kick

tell me something mate have you played
so stewy crameri was as a developed player to nearly make afl as he was a maryborough.

let me ask this in 2009 would u take a dale young micheal pilcher any other player they developed ??

if the bfl was a div 2 team i would say that yes would be better to train at vfl level and play at bfl not train at both.

have u seen a game or played twos mate if hadent even seen a game then dont comment?

if a twos player plays on afl player or vfl player which happens in the twos a player could learn more in one game then he could the whole year in the bfl.......

how many afl players can u play on in the bfl and learn that???

tell me something mate have you played
so stewy crameri was as a developed player to nearly make afl as he was a maryborough.

let me ask this in 2009 would u take a dale young micheal pilcher any other player they developed ??

have u seen a game or played twos mate if hadent even seen a game then dont comment?

if a twos player plays on afl player or vfl player which happens in the twos a player could learn more in one game then he could the whole year in the bfl.......

how many afl players can u play on in the bfl and learn that???

Put your comment in another perspective. Ex AFL players like Carter playing at Square, and Lock at Eaglehawk. If you play seniors you get to see some of country footballers best and this is a better learning curve than twos in VFL as senior AFL players playing 2nds are coming back from injury as is senior VFL players.
Also your comments about playing VFL 2nds doesnt stack up as all the players mentioned have left and are asking huge dollars at regional clubs and getting it by having a CV stating Bendigo Bombers. Doesnt make the player better just means he can ask for more.
Before the bombers how many players moved to play VFL from Bendigo? Not alot unless drafted to an AFL team. League was stronger and good players played on good players every week.
Last point is I have seen VFL 2nds about 4 times last year. Bendigo twice and were beaten by 21 and 23 goals. Saw Williamstown and Box Hill and wasnt much better.
Your talking up twos and you have to but believe me its not that good. Player development comes down to the club and I believe Filo at Eaglehawk would teach a kid just as much as a twos coach in the VFL. He just would nt have to pump up players tires and tell them how good they are.

we are never going to agree on it

they ask for money if they are worth it i am in talks with a guy who is asking for to much from the bombers and being honest and giving him want his worth u have to be firm with em they might get the money they want but at alot less league.
if he doesnt like it he will leave and we will offer to another kid ?
we aint going to agree with all i can say is that ive benefited from it. both ones and twos.
development wise imo bombers for 1-2 years is better as 18-19yr old then playing bfl but that imo. and i dont regret playin for em and dont regret going to the bfl

some of those Bombers Reserves kids wouldn't even get a look in at your South's Eaglehawks Square & Gisbornes.

I can recall some making themselves available to play for square only to run around in there ressies aswell.

The depth at the Good BFL clubs are far better than the Bombers Reserves.

some of those Bombers Reserves kids wouldn't even get a look in at your South's Eaglehawks Square & Gisbornes.

I can recall some making themselves available to play for square only to run around in there ressies aswell.

The depth at the Good BFL clubs are far better than the Bombers Reserves.

yes that is correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back