What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
whos the bloke coming to play for strathfieldsaye from up north. will be playing chb and told he was a gem. seem to be looking ok so far fro the storm boys

have lost darren walsh who has retired and taking up a position at the eagles as a forward scout part time from what i hear good coin:thumbsu:

He left the bank, I believe it's a full time role for him. Good luck Woosha!

Sandhurst had over 40 to their first training session. Have appointed a fitness coach and strength/conditioning coach so hopefully the young fellas can put on a few kg's and get a few bigger bodies on the park. They just got pushed around this year.

Some pretty handy signings to be announced and some handy ex-Dragons to come back. I'll let you all know when it's official.

He left the bank, I believe it's a full time role for him. Good luck Woosha!

Sandhurst had over 40 to their first training session. Have appointed a fitness coach and strength/conditioning coach so hopefully the young fellas can put on a few kg's and get a few bigger bodies on the park. They just got pushed around this year.

Some pretty handy signings to be announced and some handy ex-Dragons to come back. I'll let you all know when it's official.

Yep has left the bank, just checked then, full time role. Great that he has been able to get that!

How many players have left their clubs to train with the bombers?

what about some of the losses at eaglehawk

robins, lock to peel thunder
gretrix, hill, ketterer, milroy and nicholson to charlton
rogerson staying in melbourne
gregg to ouyen

losses to gisborne

fitzgerald, messoudi, barham x 2, davis, pretty sure more people can add to this.
nicholson signd at ehawk in october

Eaglehawk have about 4 training with them , they rang up a heap of our young blokes

Strath Storm had their inaugural preseason session tonight at the Strath Rec Reserve. Can report that 35 players and 30 (yes 30!) brand new sherrins greeted new coach Clint Whitsed. A light training session lasted an hour and a qtr. Footage of the session can be seen on tomorrow night's WIN news.

A further ten players signed at its "meet the coaches" day yesterday, taking the tally to committed seniors/reserves to 42, with the club aiming for a list of 60 to choose from.

Flat have had good numbers at training sofar and the club has done well to get the lush Spring gully cricket oval to train on monday/wednesdays.

Dr Kenny, I heard the players you're talking about are Matt Stagg, Brad Comer and Mark Fitzgerald...

Is that true?

And some fringe players - Brenton Dillon, Matt Charlton and Lucas Ruedin?

You're near the money, but I can't confirm yet

By the way, check out http://**********************/?p=1059.
Looks like most of the posts on here are correct - S'saye will field a team of recycled BFL reserves & LVFL players.

I have been told that Bendigo will not be hosting a AFL practice match in 2009.
Can someone confirm if this is correct, and if it is why have the AFL chosen not to hold it in Bendigo when the match raised a substantial amount of money for the hospital.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been told that Bendigo will not be hosting a AFL practice match in 2009.
Can someone confirm if this is correct, and if it is why have the AFL chosen not to hold it in Bendigo when the match raised a substantial amount of money for the hospital.

I guess when you have got 50+ other regional centres around Australia all vying for a preseason match, the AFL has to make a decision where to play.

I'd say Bendigo has had good run with the Preseason matches and my understanding is that the key players on the Tynan Eyre committee (Bezzo and Co who used to push the Tynan Eyre message to the AFL to secure the games in Bendigo) are no longer on it.

Don't forget the lights went out half way through the last qtr in this year's match (dees v dogs) which probably didn't leave a good impression on the AFL....

These days the AFL try to push the game as far and wide across Australia as much as possible through the community camps - so maybe its a sign of the AFL trying to get into these "northern markets" at the expense of Bendigo, if this true in what you're saying...

I guess when you have got 50+ other regional centres around Australia all vying for a preseason match, the AFL has to make a decision where to play.

I'd say Bendigo has had good run with the Preseason matches and my understanding is that the key players on the Tynan Eyre committee (Bezzo and Co who used to push the Tynan Eyre message to the AFL to secure the games in Bendigo) are no longer on it.

Don't forget the lights went out half way through the last qtr in this year's match (dees v dogs) which probably didn't leave a good impression on the AFL....

These days the AFL try to push the game as far and wide across Australia as much as possible through the community camps - so maybe its a sign of the AFL trying to get into these "northern markets" at the expense of Bendigo, if this true in what you're saying...

I dont believe that any club saw a dime out of that match after supplying volunteers for the event. So would hazard a guess that the hospital may not have benefitted that well either.

TIMETOACT you seem to bring up deep and profound issues. There will be 8 community camps in and around vic next year, but there duration has been cutback significantly. A $10,000 budget limits what they can do.

Hopefully our hard working and professional administration hub will bring the game back to Bendigo fairly soon.

I dont believe that any club saw a dime out of that match after supplying volunteers for the event. So would hazard a guess that the hospital may not have benefitted that well either.

TIMETOACT you seem to bring up deep and profound issues. There will be 8 community camps in and around vic next year, but there duration has been cutback significantly. A $10,000 budget limits what they can do.

Hopefully our hard working and professional administration hub will bring the game back to Bendigo fairly soon.

Mitch Cutter Rabl huge recurit

My understanding is that ALL proceeds for this match went to the Tynan/Ayre Foundation who then made a donation to the Hospital.
If the money was going to Football Clubs and Leagues, I can see why the AFL have overlooked Bendigo to host a game in 2009.

My understanding is that ALL proceeds for this match went to the Tynan/Ayre Foundation who then made a donation to the Hospital.
If the money was going to Football Clubs and Leagues, I can see why the AFL have overlooked Bendigo to host a game in 2009.

That deal finished last season with the Hub taking the reigns. Money was set to come back to the clubs with a majority going to the Hospital. Truth be known the clubs were better off with Tynan Eyre running the event I can recall scoring some funds from prior matches. Not sure of the actual arrangements in the past however.

That deal finished last season with the Hub taking the reigns. Money was set to come back to the clubs with a majority going to the Hospital. Truth be known the clubs were better off with Tynan Eyre running the event I can recall scoring some funds from prior matches. Not sure of the actual arrangements in the past however.
You say that the majority of money went to the hospital. Fact is the hospital received
8 thousand dollars.
If we do some sums 6 thousand people attended the game at $10 then we have the money raised in the selling of food and drinks. I believe the hospital received a very small amount of what was raised.
This maybe the reason why the Tynan/Eyre in future are running a race day in conjuction with the Bendigo Jockey Club.

You say that the majority of money went to the hospital. Fact is the hospital received
8 thousand dollars.
If we do some sums 6 thousand people attended the game at $10 then we have the money raised in the selling of food and drinks. I believe the hospital received a very small amount of what was raised.
This maybe the reason why the Tynan/Eyre in future are running a race day in conjuction with the Bendigo Jockey Club.

It would seem that this made them the big winner as no one else recieved funds out of the game to my knowledge. Maybe the BJFL could have done with some funds from this event. I am sure they had a fair contingent of representatives working at the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back