What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem a bit upset.. you must have been the guy who was a hero over the fence when bondy got sent off. As for the coach not showing his face, not sure on your footy club but our coaching staff etc work thru stats and debrief with players after the game. If your upset you didnt see him ill pass it on and maybe you could catch up for a beer another time.
dick head

Great last line, must have worked on it all day to come up with such an informative response. And i am no hero, won my last fight by running very quickly. If you can send me your address i will send some tissues over to the club and bondy, he must be upset with those 3 or 4 players belting him up. Maybe some mr sheen to shine up his elbows and knees for his next victim, might be more applicable.

Well i like your response. You have given me a few laughs.And with every thing being serious i like your honesty. I just stick up for what i think is right like most of us all do. I hope bairdy is recovery as well as he can. from our club point of view and mine i hope he has a speedy recovery.

Golden Square have been very physical everytime time we have played them. Sounds like Maryborough decided to try to match squares physicality and from what i'm hearing it was a very good tough game of footy. There is no need for all of this crap after the game.

Classic case for Golden Square of "You can give it, but you can't take it".

I would expect it to be really dished up to them now in the finals after their coaches comments in the paper.

Good Call!

Good Call!
guys young bairdy,s home and recovering well has been told thats it for the year as a result of an ELBOW to the temple , will miss finals though at this stage , as far as having a crack at square in the finals bring it on ,and we,ll match it and better it and we,ll keep our elbow,s down tough guys ;)

I think we all need to wake up and smell the coffee. There is not one club in this land who doesn't have a player/s at their club who doesn't raise the elbow from time to time! Every club has been on the recieving end from time to time and, as unfortunate and serious as this incident was for the young player involved, clubs should stop sooking and let the tribunal do its job!

I think we all need to wake up and smell the coffee. There is not one club in this land who doesn't have a player/s at their club who doesn't raise the elbow from time to time! Every club has been on the recieving end from time to time and, as unfortunate and serious as this incident was for the young player involved, clubs should stop sooking and let the tribunal do its job!
True!

The serious injury in the same game no doubt raised emotions. Supporters abuse opposition hard men, but love to have them in their own team when all of a sudden they become 'protectors'. You cannot have it both ways.

It is just a pity that Bendigo football itself cannot raise a fraction of the passion reflected in the above comments.

funny thing is bondy will get off at tribunal. you wait... :)

From Benigo addy

MARYBOROUGH veteran forward Jamie Bond will miss the Magpies’ final match of the Bendigo Bank Bendigo Football League season this weekend after being suspended by the tribunal.
Bond pleaded not guilty to the charge, saying his intention was to block Baird from getting to teammate Lachie Edwards.
“Adam deviated off the ball towards me; I had to swing my arm around to stop him getting to Lachie,’’ Bond said.
The tribunal hearing included video evidence of the incident.
"Bond initially said his hand was open as he moved towards Baird, but after viewing the footage of the incident, later agreed his hand was clenched, although he said the contact to Baird’s stomach was made with his forearm."

Great call again squared up "bondy will get off at the tribunal"

Its also funny how bonds memory come back to him after he saw his fist go from a open hand to a clenched fist on the big screen.

Great work to have the footage, it never bullcraps like the players do at the tribunal!

From Benigo addy

MARYBOROUGH veteran forward Jamie Bond will miss the Magpies’ final match of the Bendigo Bank Bendigo Football League season this weekend after being suspended by the tribunal.
Bond pleaded not guilty to the charge, saying his intention was to block Baird from getting to teammate Lachie Edwards.
“Adam deviated off the ball towards me; I had to swing my arm around to stop him getting to Lachie,’’ Bond said.
"Bond initially said his hand was open as he moved towards Baird, but after viewing the footage of the incident, later agreed his hand was clenched, although he said the contact to Baird’s stomach was made with his forearm."

Its also funny how bonds memory come back to him after he saw his fist go from a open hand to a clenched fist on the big screen.

Great work to have the footage, it never bullcraps like the players do at the tribunal!

Well i hear the poor defenceless little golden square boy did a fair bit of bullcrapping at the tribunal. So much for player code these days. That sort of incident happens all the time in footy and there is footage of golden square doing the same thing on saturday night. The difference is one side squeals and the other cops it on the chin and plays on.

From Benigo addy

Well i hear the poor defenceless little golden square boy did a fair bit of bullcrapping at the tribunal. So much for player code these days. That sort of incident happens all the time in footy and there is footage of golden square doing the same thing on saturday night. The difference is one side squeals and the other cops it on the chin and plays on.
THE DIFFERENCE IS ONE SIDE CONSISTENTLY PLAYS THE BALL AND THE OTHER SIDE PLAYS THE MAN , AND ONE SIDES IN THE FINALS AND THE OTHER ONE,S NOT :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This a all quite comical from an outsider point of view. I'm hoping Square win the flag this year, as they deserved to win last years one. But here's my thoughts

1. Bond is a thug, I don't think any Maryborough fans will argue otherwise. All sides have one, and these players make those around feel safe and be confident of attacking the ball.

2. Adamson has opened his side up to physical intimidation, may be some of the greatest foxing ever, may bring about there downfall.

3. Funny that Ado can make statements such as these in the paper, when I'm informed at Princes Park last year, one Maryborough player tumbled over the boundary line only for Adamson to physicall attack him, as a non-playing coach, also told this just about caused an ugly confrontation in the crowd if it wasn't for Maryborough's president stepping in.....selective memory boys

I disagree. I think country footy needs to stamp out this sort of garbage in the same way the AFL has. When we talk about participation rates being down, a huge reason is because of the cowardly acts of thuggery that happen on country footy grounds each week by 'hard' men.

I would even like to see the BFL make it a rule that the game is videoed by the home club each week so that every tribunal sitting can have footage. Would not be a huge expense or burden and would really send a message about the standard of behaviour acceptable in the league.

I disagree...

....I would even like to see the BFL make it a rule that the game is videoed by the home club each week ....

Thats all well and good saying that, but if you think the home club will video the match at a level that allows you to watch the whole game, then your not thinking... ive seen footage of games from several clubs, and it feels like they are in a boat, in rough seas... going up an down... back an forward...

what the league should do is employ a service that knows how to use a video... im pretty sure something like this is currently around... but it costs an arm an a leg. so the league could prob get a discount if they booked every game of the year...

anyway... prob will never happen

Forget about the other garbage, this is the big news!

Will this be in tomorrow's addy goat??
in tomorrow's paper
the committee wants to go to ballarat league, it's now up to the members to decide.
gisborne would also need to be cleared by bendigo league, if not, then will go to appeal.
i don't think the bendigo league is happy at all, drummy very disapointed with ballarat league board.

in tomorrow's paper
the committee wants to go to ballarat league, it's now up to the members to decide.
gisborne would also need to be cleared by bendigo league, if not, then will go to appeal.
i don't think the bendigo league is happy at all, drummy very disapointed with ballarat league board.

Pretty obvious this was gunna transpire. Im not a BFL person but have been reading all this from afar I always thought if Gisborne were keen to stay then some form of statement woulda been broadcast by the club to the Bendigo FL saying so well and truly by now.

Pretty obvious this was gunna transpire. Im not a BFL person but have been reading all this from afar I always thought if Gisborne were keen to stay then some form of statement woulda been broadcast by the club to the Bendigo FL saying so well and truly by now.

Never good for a league to lose a side, let alone one of its strongest clubs. This will have a big impact on the competition long term i reckon

Thats all well and good saying that, but if you think the home club will video the match at a level that allows you to watch the whole game, then your not thinking... ive seen footage of games from several clubs, and it feels like they are in a boat, in rough seas... going up an down... back an forward...

what the league should do is employ a service that knows how to use a video... im pretty sure something like this is currently around... but it costs an arm an a leg. so the league could prob get a discount if they booked every game of the year...

anyway... prob will never happen

hmm pretty hard for the one bloke who does it to get to every game in a day aT 320 A GAME..

how the leg and baseball going?

As a Ballarat FL person all I can say is welcome Gisborne :thumbsu:

Gissy will be a big loss to your league though but for the club I think would make a lot of sense. Currently, geographically Gisborne are the Bendigo FL's outsiders, their nearist rival is Kyneton and the rest of the comp is over 1hr by car. And would it be a fair comment to say many supporters of the Bendigo based teams don't travel down the freeway?

At least in the Ballarat FL Gissy will be close to a number of their old rivals in the RDFL with Sunbury, Melton, Melton South, Darley and Bacchus Marsh all a short distance away. If nothing else it should help Gisborne pull in a more $$$ at the gate

in tomorrow's paper

The vote to go will be approx 98% from the members.

Drummy the idiot knew this was on the cards since the interleague game and has done nothing to try and make Gisborne stay. Wardy did and said all the right things - even turning up to a Gissy game.

Maybe you should contact the Ballarat Courier for a position. I think you would enjoy watching a better standard of football each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back